Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

This balance in arcade is BROKEN!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b45500a95f79
    deactivated-5b45500a95f79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So I decided to get this.  I've been playing online getting my ass kicked, but it's been fun.  But when play arcade it reminds me of the busted difficulty that old fighting games have.  Usually I get to a fourth opponent and he is pulling off advanced follow ups and complex combos.  FOURTH GUY!!!!  I usually can't get a move in, and if I do, they pull off a last minute move that saves them.

For someone who is trying to get back into this game after a long time.  It seems like the programmers are just saying, fuck you, you don't belong here.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5b45500a95f79
    deactivated-5b45500a95f79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If you can't tell, I just had my feelings hurt.  By a street fighter... through  my balls.
    Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Cube

dood fuck street fighter

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By NinjaHunter

Play online more, get your ass kicked for awhile until you get better. Then you'll figure out that arcade mode is pretty easy even on the hardest difficulty. But by that time you really shouldn't care that much about the arcade mode.

REVenant00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By REVenant00
    @NinjaHunter said:
    " Play online more, get your ass kicked for awhile until you get better. Then you'll figure out that arcade mode is pretty easy even on the hardest difficulty. But by that time you really shouldn't care that much about the arcade mode. "
    Pretty much spot on.

You'll get better by playing more, like understanding the basics of zoning and learning which moves are safe among other basic skills.  As long as you're dedicated to becoming better, you should see an improvement in your matches.
    Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Plasma

You lose on arcade mode? on SSFIV? Try Super Turbo bro.

I'm afraid its not that the programmers hate you, you just don't understand the mechanics of a Street Fighter game. Even on the hardest difficulty the AI is so predictable and doesn't block.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By lordofultima

Yeah, arcade mode is really jokes because of how easy it is. Have you played Super Turbo arcade mode? Prepare to be destroyed. We have enough of these threads, I'm locking it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.