Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Thouhts about the game, characters, music, online, and so on...

yagami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By yagami

My thoughts about the game is that it sure does look good, and going by what Jeff and Brad said, this game will definitely satisfy new, as well as old Street Fighter fans.
    I have however a vague and very uncomfortable feeling about this wonderful game, being online gameplay. Soul Calibur IV hasn't really impressed with its laggy online mode hence why i fear that Street Fighter IV might end up in the same way. However, Seth Killian and Yoshinori Ono has been talking a lot about a "new online gameplay experience" and this has indeed shed light upon my thoughts.

My thoughts on this topic is:
    If we had fiberoptic cables instead of copper which is what we have now, it would allow us to have a download rate of 40 GIGABYTE/sec, that's 40,000 MB/sec, or if you so will, 40,000,000 KB/sec we would never have such thing as lag. Is it possible? Well, f*ck yes! Infact, it has already been tested, for about one year ago, right here in Sweden where I live. So, what's the hatch? I honestly don't know. Fiberoptic cables are CHEAPER than copper ones. So, being low-price and giving UNBELIEVABLY high-speed connection to everybody would only do good.

Here's an article about it, in English.

DK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DK

I also have a slight reservation about this game. I am very excited for its release as I am a huge street fighter fan, but I fear that they may have over-goofied the game. The character art looks a little too cartoony, almost like the Dragonball Z Budokai games. I will do my best to overlook this new visual approach probably out of loyalty from pure nostalgia from my childhood, but the hard hitting brutality factor will suffer from goofy character animations and cartoony expressions.

ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By ZimpanX

I was very worried for a while this would just be a HD and 3D version of SF2 Turbo. But now it starting a little bit to turn into its own game. However I'm still waiting eagerly for characters such as Dudley, Ibuki, Cammy, R. Mika and Sakura to be announced...They better have at least one character from SF3 as this takes place between 2 and 3. And the 3rd is also my favorite game in the series.

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By chililili
    ZimpanX said:
    "I was very worried for a while this would just be a HD and 3D version of SF2 Turbo. But now it starting a little bit to turn into its own game. However I'm still waiting eagerly for characters such as Dudley, Ibuki, Cammy, R. Mika and Sakura to be announced...They better have at least one character from SF3 as this takes place between 2 and 3. And the 3rd is also my favorite game in the series."
    Nah other gameplay mechanics will come to play, along with new characters.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.