Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Top Bison player takes on Daigo's Ryu

Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Reale
    Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Snipzor

Oh god, I remember this. All too well. Seriously, holy shit (Referring to the insane comeback match).

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Alex_Murphy
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike

Daigo plays an amazingly technical Ryu.  I was especially impressed with his focus canceling and jumping roundhouse used to control the space above him.

Just watching that match gave me a lot of ideas on how I can improve my own SFIV playstyle.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By PureRok

Holy shit, Daigo has 147556 BP.

Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Reale
    MB said:
    "Daigo plays an amazingly technical Ryu.  I was especially impressed with his focus canceling and jumping roundhouse used to control the space above him. Just watching that match gave me a lot of ideas on how I can improve my own SFIV playstyle."
    if thats the case there is MANY channels out there! youtube now sports many channels featuring the best of the japanese and american players thanks to the dedicated SF community...

http://www.youtube.com/user/ArcadeInfinity
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AHOJagi
    http://www.youtube.com/user/shinjnSRK (modding the TE edition Stick!)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/DogfaceShow (sort of SF video cast VERY VERY FUNNY!)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sfturbo
    http://www.youtube.com/user/lordaborigine (japanese players/matches)

i am subscribed to them all and its nice to see an SFIV vid pop up every now and again,they are short to watch and you can always take somthing away from it for your own game (even if it isnt with your character!)

PureRok said:
    "Holy shit, Daigo has 147556 BP."
    yeah thats from the arcades too (as they get those sweet cards lol) i believe i have seen others with more points... there is a table up of the top 20 and i believe it was 180k for first place!
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By LiquidPrince

I'm not saying it wasn't him, but that player didn't really play like the Diago I know. Diago has a very specfic style, and he wasn't playing like he usually does.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By BoG
    MB said:
    "Daigo plays an amazingly technical Ryu.  I was especially impressed with his focus canceling and jumping roundhouse used to control the space above him. Just watching that match gave me a lot of ideas on how I can improve my own SFIV playstyle."
    Lucky. There is absolutely nothing I can take from that as Chun Li.
    I also loved watching that. The way Bison uses his specials for mobility was prime.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PureRok
    LiquidPrince said:
    "I'm not saying it wasn't him, but that player didn't really play like the Diago I know. Diago has a very specfic style, and he wasn't playing like he usually does."
    Seemed like Daigo to me.
    1. Lose the first round. - Check
    2. Win the second round. - Check
    Those are two things I almost always see Daigo do, whether he wins or loses by the end. I've never seen him play against Bison before (I'm not going to say you haven't.), so that's my explanation as to why he played a bit differently.
    Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Reale
    LiquidPrince said:
    "I'm not saying it wasn't him, but that player didn't really play like the Diago I know. Diago has a very specfic style, and he wasn't playing like he usually does."
    well seeing as how its coming from eventhubs take it as fact (seeing as how they are a street fighter community)... plus how many vids are there of him playing against bison in sfiv? (2/3/4?) you watch the series were he fights all those pros orDaigo Japan national and go through those channels that i posted and there is enough of diago there to know that is him playing...

as for his very specific style... i dont see it, he footsies / baits / combos like all the other top players out there... makes daigo so good is his ability to perform well in tournaments, hes always looking cool and composed as if its another day at the office lol
    REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By REDRUN

Its like a sick ass dog fight (as in air combat you PETA jerks). If people main Bison just as the they already do with Ken, forum would light up with titles like, "Bison, don't be a dick".

Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Reale
    REDRUN said:
    "Its like a sick ass dog fight (as in air combat you PETA jerks). If people main Bison just as the they already do with Ken, forum would light up with titles like, "Bison, don't be a dick"."
    its ok i get that sort of hate mail already...  i used to main akuma and received hate mail almost after every game but now with bision its every 5 games or so.
    ishotmrburns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By ishotmrburns
    REDRUN said:
    "Its like a sick ass dog fight (as in air combat you PETA jerks)."
    Dogfight. One word. Big difference.
    REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By REDRUN
    ishotmrburns said:
    "REDRUN said:
    "Its like a sick ass dog fight (as in air combat you PETA jerks)."
    Dogfight. One word. Big difference."

one word, what-ever-man
    one word, what-ever-man

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Endogene

Heh... why are people calling M. Bison "dictator"? It would make since if there are people calling him Vega since that is his Japanese name but everyone on the comments of that video is calling him dictator for some reason.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PureRok
    Endogene said:
    "Heh... why are people calling M. Bison "dictator"? It would make since if there are people calling him Vega since that is his Japanese name but everyone on the comments of that video is calling him dictator for some reason."
    They call him dictator so if someone reads it, no matter what he's called in their area, they know who you're talking about. There's only one dictator, but there are two Bisons.
    Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Reale
    PureRok said:
    "Endogene said:
    "Heh... why are people calling M. Bison "dictator"? It would make since if there are people calling him Vega since that is his Japanese name but everyone on the comments of that video is calling him dictator for some reason."
    They call him dictator so if someone reads it, no matter what he's called in their area, they know who you're talking about. There's only one dictator, but there are two Bisons."
    yeah, if i said balrog (claw) you would think barlrog with a claw? oooo its a vid of vega then... lol basiclly theres 1 dictator/claw/boxer and because both east and west make alot of videos its important to stat which is which.
    jonjonfiveO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jonjonfiveO

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.