Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Trying to get in the fray with Fei

Satune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Satune

Ive been playing SF4 for a while, and ive been trying to find a main, but having some trouble. For a while I was using Sagat, but for some reason ive moved over to Fei Long.
    But im finding it tough to really get going with him, and I cant really find many videos of good people playing as him.
    Does anyone from the Giant Bomb community have any tips for me regarding him, does anyone here even play Fei Long?

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By ImperiousRix

Gambit uses Fei as an alt a lot of times.
    Maybe if you told us exactly what the nature of the problem was, we could be in a better position to serve you.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Stang

Yeah Gambit sports a mean Fei, I am sure he can provide some tips.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Jeffsekai

His fei hurts :(

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By napalm

I'm interested in using Fei Long as well, actually.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Stang
    @Jeffsekai:

He uses cheat codes!
    Satune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Satune
    @ImperiousRix:

Ive been having some general problems with him, from moving from such a heavy projectile character as Sagat to one that dosn't have any projectiles, im not sure how to get in on someone.
    Im also having problems finding a good way to combo up his ultra, its a tough one to hit I find!
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Stang said:
    " @Jeffsekai: He uses cheat codes! "
    No you! Mr.Ken Masters on a pad .
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Stang
    @Jeffsekai:

My fight pad should be here tomorrow. I will take Ken to god tier when it arrives :)
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By ImperiousRix
    @Satune said:
    "@ImperiousRix: Ive been having some general problems with him, from moving from such a heavy projectile character as Sagat to one that dosn't have any projectiles, im not sure how to get in on someone.Im also having problems finding a good way to combo up his ultra, its a tough one to hit I find!"

Well, from what little Fei experience I have, I know that for projectile spammers, it's best to try and use his chicken wing... flip-kick thing to get over projectiles.  It'll often get 'em right up in the opponent's face, so make sure you have something to come at them with when you land.  I also am not sure how easy his ultra is to juggle.  You're probably best off using Fei's exceptional focus attack to crumple the enemy before you go for it, but I know his flame kick can be used to juggle them with it.
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SpecialBuddy

Fei Long's ultra imo is one of the hardest in the game to combo into. And even if you do you most likely wont get the full ultra just a juggle kind of like cammys when not hit with all the way. But as someone whos worst character is Fei Long i cant really say anything meaningful.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Stang
    @SpecialBuddy:

LOL yet you kicked my ass with Fei! Guess that says more about me then you!
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Stang said:
    " @Jeffsekai: My fight pad should be here tomorrow. I will take Ken to god tier when it arrives :) "
    I expect an invite when u get it
    Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Gambit
    @Satune: My fei is ok i'll give some advice from what I've learning with him so far First off Fei's ultra sucks ass only ways to combo into it are a FA or a late jumping Roundhouse or F.punch you can FADC is with fei flame kick but the damage sucks and I hate buring the 2 meters for it. Fei has some awesome normals and you need to make use of them standing roundhouse is a great anti-air. Standing or crouching Feirce P. couching low Kick and low punch rekka are good pokes. Make sure you try to stay just barely in the range of your low punch rekkas. If someone is spaming fireballs on you make then pay for it with EX chick wing it goes threw projectiles. Some combos you should know.

Standing low punch---->Standing Medium kick----> Rekkas
    standing High punch-----> Rekkas or HK flame kick or low kick chicken wing
    HK or Ex chicking wing-----> High Punch------> Rekkas or HK flame kick
    crouching low kick X2 or 3------> Rekkas

Don't know how much this helps you out if you want to send me an invite on xbox live I can see if I can help you out any more. Tag is Gambit1986
    Satune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Satune
    @Gambit:
    Thanks, it looks as though Fei Long isnt that popular around here, good to see at least there's 1 person who put the time to learn him.
    As for the tips, they make sense, now all I have to do is invest myself into learning them properly.
    I would love to get help from you, but im a PS3 user, so it dosn't seem possible.
    NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By NinjaHunter

I use to main Fei before I switched to a stick. I think the best way to get close to someone that spams fireballs with Fei is to just neutral jump and/or focus them and inch forward. I don't really like to use chicken wing from a far distance because someone can easily shoryuken you out of it if you don't time it right and only his EX chicken wing is 100% dependable to get through projectiles with the strong you have to time it when the fireball is about mid-screen.

The only way you can combo into his ultra fully is to FADC or a jump in roundhouse, which is pretty easy if you can catch someone with it. It will not juggle properly though. You will never get the full ultra if you get them in the air only two or three hits and never his final and most powerful hit, which I would think would be worth it if it did connect. But if you want to be fancy you could do...

jump in HK(optional)-> close standing fierce(optional)->MK flame kick->FADC-> LK or MK chicken wing->Ultra. 

That does about 50 or 100 less damage than the normal ultra though. So if you think it's worth it you could try that..
    thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By thatpinguino  Staff

Does anyone have any advice for fei vs dalsim or seth.  I have a hard time getting in on them when they jump backwards and use their stretchy arms, then teleport away when their cornered.  Also if I try and wait for them to take the offensive they usually just sit back and throw fireballs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.