Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

unblockable ultras

Necrotrophic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Necrotrophic

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/mar/27/unblockable-ultra-setup-street-fighter-4/

anyone try this yet?

I hear the timing is way strict. when I get home im gonna try them it doesnt seem too bad but I doubt itll work on a human opponent

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Jeffsekai

So what is that? a cross up fireball into Ultra? That doesn't look unblockable at all...

EDIT: NVM I GET IT NOW.  When the flash happens during ultra that drops any input and blocking counts as an input and after a throw you can only block after a certain point. So time it right and you get what you see in that video.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @Jeffsekai said:
    "  EDIT: NVM I GET IT NOW.  When the flash happens during ultra that drops any input and blocking counts as an input and after a throw you can only block after a certain point. So time it right and you get what you see in that video. "
    I like how you quote me word for word after I had to explain it to you. Scrub.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @SpecialBuddy said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    "  EDIT: NVM I GET IT NOW.  When the flash happens during ultra that drops any input and blocking counts as an input and after a throw you can only block after a certain point. So time it right and you get what you see in that video. "
    I like how you quote me word for word after I had to explain it to you. Scrub. "
    Not my fault you didn't post it.
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By AniMoney

You can apparently still backdash out of it, well at least for Rose's. You'll get hit by the fireball but it'll knock you down so you won't be hit by her ultra.  

I want to see if anyone can work this into an actual match successfully.

Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Thrawn1

I was out playing with some people tonight and they were doing it in with sagat at around 80% accuracy

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Scooper

That's kinda cool. Aparantaly your opponent isn't blocking while you're in your "I'm about to ultraaa" freezeframe, maybe it's so they look as intended (ie. Blanka is standing up like "OH JEEZ MY EYEBALLS THEY POP OUT!" and then they go back to blocking the frame after, I guess if you time it right on their wakeup they get hit because the fireball is way inside their hitbox and they get hit with whatever combo afterwards. Well that's my understanding anyways, it could be wrong. Rose's seems the easiest to do but they're all kinda situational, can't do Rose's if you're in the corner ect. because the spacing has to be exactaly right, well maybe you can still do it but the timing willbe way different.

Pretty good people are figuring this stuff out.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Scooper said:
    " That's kinda cool. Aparantaly your opponent isn't blocking while you're in your "I'm about to ultraaa" freezeframe, maybe it's so they look as intended (ie. Blanka is standing up like "OH JEEZ MY EYEBALLS THEY POP OUT!" and then they go back to blocking the frame after, I guess if you time it right on their wakeup they get hit because the fireball is way inside their hitbox and they get hit with whatever combo afterwards. Well that's my understanding anyways, it could be wrong. Rose's seems the easiest to do but they're all kinda situational, can't do Rose's if you're in the corner ect. because the spacing has to be exactaly right, well maybe you can still do it but the timing willbe way different.  Pretty good people are figuring this stuff out. "
    Interesting your bring Blanka up :D.  With his Ultra if you're not blocking before the flash you get hit, I wonder if there would be some wakeup trap with that and this combined.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Scooper
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Scooper said:
    " That's kinda cool. Aparantaly your opponent isn't blocking while you're in your "I'm about to ultraaa" freezeframe, maybe it's so they look as intended (ie. Blanka is standing up like "OH JEEZ MY EYEBALLS THEY POP OUT!" and then they go back to blocking the frame after, I guess if you time it right on their wakeup they get hit because the fireball is way inside their hitbox and they get hit with whatever combo afterwards. Well that's my understanding anyways, it could be wrong. Rose's seems the easiest to do but they're all kinda situational, can't do Rose's if you're in the corner ect. because the spacing has to be exactaly right, well maybe you can still do it but the timing willbe way different.  Pretty good people are figuring this stuff out. "
    Interesting your bring Blanka up :D.  With his Ultra if you're not blocking before the flash you get hit, I wonder if there would be some wakeup trap with that and this combined. "
    Blanka's got enough abiguious wakeup crossup Ultra traps as it is. It's hard to know which way to block sometimes when a Blanka does an ultra on my wakeup. I really need to get into training mode and figure that shit out better.
    Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Thrawn1
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Scooper said:
    Interesting your bring Blanka up :D.  With his Ultra if you're not blocking before the flash you get hit, I wonder if there would be some wakeup trap with that and this combined. "
    you can backdash out of blanka's ultra, some people can even ultra after the backdash
    Necrotrophic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Necrotrophic

when  I see that blanka has ultra i just turtle. But I dont always notice, and I get owned bad. Chun Li's health = lulz

most of my game with blanka is baiting electricity and hitting him during attempts. Im usually really close to him the entire time

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.