unblockable ultras

#1 Posted by Necrotrophic (261 posts) -

 http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/mar/27/unblockable-ultra-setup-street-fighter-4/
 
anyone try this yet?
 
I hear the timing is way strict. when I get home im gonna try them it doesnt seem too bad but I doubt itll work on a human opponent

#2 Edited by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -

So what is that? a cross up fireball into Ultra? That doesn't look unblockable at all...
 
 
 
EDIT: NVM I GET IT NOW.  When the flash happens during ultra that drops any input and blocking counts as an input and after a throw you can only block after a certain point. So time it right and you get what you see in that video.

#3 Posted by SpecialBuddy (1110 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
"  EDIT: NVM I GET IT NOW.  When the flash happens during ultra that drops any input and blocking counts as an input and after a throw you can only block after a certain point. So time it right and you get what you see in that video. "
I like how you quote me word for word after I had to explain it to you. Scrub.
#4 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -
@SpecialBuddy said:
" @Jeffsekai said:
"  EDIT: NVM I GET IT NOW.  When the flash happens during ultra that drops any input and blocking counts as an input and after a throw you can only block after a certain point. So time it right and you get what you see in that video. "
I like how you quote me word for word after I had to explain it to you. Scrub. "
Not my fault you didn't post it.
#5 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -

You can apparently still backdash out of it, well at least for Rose's. You'll get hit by the fireball but it'll knock you down so you won't be hit by her ultra.  
 
I want to see if anyone can work this into an actual match successfully.

#6 Posted by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -

I was out playing with some people tonight and they were doing it in with sagat at around 80% accuracy

#7 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

That's kinda cool. Aparantaly your opponent isn't blocking while you're in your "I'm about to ultraaa" freezeframe, maybe it's so they look as intended (ie. Blanka is standing up like "OH JEEZ MY EYEBALLS THEY POP OUT!" and then they go back to blocking the frame after, I guess if you time it right on their wakeup they get hit because the fireball is way inside their hitbox and they get hit with whatever combo afterwards. Well that's my understanding anyways, it could be wrong. Rose's seems the easiest to do but they're all kinda situational, can't do Rose's if you're in the corner ect. because the spacing has to be exactaly right, well maybe you can still do it but the timing willbe way different.
 
Pretty good people are figuring this stuff out.

#8 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" That's kinda cool. Aparantaly your opponent isn't blocking while you're in your "I'm about to ultraaa" freezeframe, maybe it's so they look as intended (ie. Blanka is standing up like "OH JEEZ MY EYEBALLS THEY POP OUT!" and then they go back to blocking the frame after, I guess if you time it right on their wakeup they get hit because the fireball is way inside their hitbox and they get hit with whatever combo afterwards. Well that's my understanding anyways, it could be wrong. Rose's seems the easiest to do but they're all kinda situational, can't do Rose's if you're in the corner ect. because the spacing has to be exactaly right, well maybe you can still do it but the timing willbe way different.  Pretty good people are figuring this stuff out. "
Interesting your bring Blanka up :D.  With his Ultra if you're not blocking before the flash you get hit, I wonder if there would be some wakeup trap with that and this combined.
#9 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" @Scooper said:
" That's kinda cool. Aparantaly your opponent isn't blocking while you're in your "I'm about to ultraaa" freezeframe, maybe it's so they look as intended (ie. Blanka is standing up like "OH JEEZ MY EYEBALLS THEY POP OUT!" and then they go back to blocking the frame after, I guess if you time it right on their wakeup they get hit because the fireball is way inside their hitbox and they get hit with whatever combo afterwards. Well that's my understanding anyways, it could be wrong. Rose's seems the easiest to do but they're all kinda situational, can't do Rose's if you're in the corner ect. because the spacing has to be exactaly right, well maybe you can still do it but the timing willbe way different.  Pretty good people are figuring this stuff out. "
Interesting your bring Blanka up :D.  With his Ultra if you're not blocking before the flash you get hit, I wonder if there would be some wakeup trap with that and this combined. "
Blanka's got enough abiguious wakeup crossup Ultra traps as it is. It's hard to know which way to block sometimes when a Blanka does an ultra on my wakeup. I really need to get into training mode and figure that shit out better.
#10 Posted by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" @Scooper said:
" That's kinda cool. Aparantaly your opponent isn't blocking while you're in your "I'm about to ultraaa" freezeframe, maybe it's so they look as intended (ie. Blanka is standing up like "OH JEEZ MY EYEBALLS THEY POP OUT!" and then they go back to blocking the frame after, I guess if you time it right on their wakeup they get hit because the fireball is way inside their hitbox and they get hit with whatever combo afterwards. Well that's my understanding anyways, it could be wrong. Rose's seems the easiest to do but they're all kinda situational, can't do Rose's if you're in the corner ect. because the spacing has to be exactaly right, well maybe you can still do it but the timing willbe way different.  Pretty good people are figuring this stuff out. "
Interesting your bring Blanka up :D.  With his Ultra if you're not blocking before the flash you get hit, I wonder if there would be some wakeup trap with that and this combined. "
you can backdash out of blanka's ultra, some people can even ultra after the backdash
#11 Posted by Necrotrophic (261 posts) -

when  I see that blanka has ultra i just turtle. But I dont always notice, and I get owned bad. Chun Li's health = lulz
 
most of my game with blanka is baiting electricity and hitting him during attempts. Im usually really close to him the entire time

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.