Vega's claw and Mask

#1 Posted by CornontheCobbe (2645 posts) -

Just a quick but stupid question guys, when Vega loses his claw and Mask what does that do? Is he more vulnerable to attacks or something? Because i noticed today when i was playing arcade, he lost one or the other, and was just wondering what the deal there is. Are you supposed to be aiming to hit his mask and claw off to lower his defense?

Sorry I'm not the best with Street Fighter knowledge.

#2 Posted by AjayRaz (12416 posts) -

you know... i don't even know :\ my best bet is that it's just a little something you can do and it has no effect. 

#3 Posted by obcdexter (569 posts) -

naturally, with his claw lost, he would loose some range, right?
Dunno, though.

#4 Posted by Romination (2774 posts) -

I believe the claw loses some range and attack power. You do see more defined slashes when it's the claw. Mask...I dunno.

#5 Edited by Symphony (1912 posts) -

When he loses his claw he loses a bit of range and damage. 

When he loses his mask he takes a little more damage but also deals a little more. 

A good explanation of it can be found here 

#6 Posted by CornontheCobbe (2645 posts) -
@Symphony said:
" When he loses his claw he loses a bit of range and damage. 

When he loses his mask he takes a little more damage but also deals a little more. 

A good explanation of it can be found here  "
Sweet, thanks for that man!
#7 Posted by JJOR64 (18891 posts) -

In Super his Claw and Mask will stay on a little longer now.

#8 Posted by TheLastNeo (436 posts) -

Aside from losing range from the claw I thought it was all purely asthetic... 

Guess I was wrong...  

good question!

#9 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

God I hate Vega even more after reading that 
Good question though 

#10 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

You guys are missing the most important aspect, taunting. When Vega tosses his mask and claw, he is basically saying "fuck you scrub, I will deal less damage while taking more and still beat you."

#11 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

@Stang said:

"You guys are missing the most important aspect, taunting. When Vega tosses his mask and claw, he is basically saying "fuck you scrub, I will deal less damage while taking more and still beat you." "

Except that half the time I accidentally hit a srk motion and throw off his claw on accident. 
Then I just piss off my opponent whilst simultaneously making myself a lot less effective.

#12 Posted by JackSukeru (5898 posts) -
@ImperiousRix said:
"

@Stang said:

"You guys are missing the most important aspect, taunting. When Vega tosses his mask and claw, he is basically saying "fuck you scrub, I will deal less damage while taking more and still beat you." "

Except that half the time I accidentally hit a srk motion and throw off his claw on accident. 
Then I just piss off my opponent whilst simultaneously making myself a lot less effective.

"
Question, why can you throw away your claw like that? Is there a tactical advantage or is it just punishing you for doing a wrong motion?
#13 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -
@RockmanBionics:
There's no tactical advantage whatsoever.  I'm not necessarily sure it's punishing you, either, it's just a really stupid taunt move they gave Vega.
#14 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -
@RockmanBionics said:
" @ImperiousRix said:
"

@Stang said:

"
Question, why can you throw away your claw like that? Is there a tactical advantage or is it just punishing you for doing a wrong motion? "
Nahh it's just taunting. Some could argue that throwing away the mask could be a tactical move because it increases your damage but at the same time makes you take alot more. It takes 2 bars of super anyway to get rid of the mask so it's never worth it. It's just something silly they threw in as a taunt.
#15 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -
@ImperiousRix said:
" @RockmanBionics: There's no tactical advantage whatsoever.  I'm not necessarily sure it's punishing you, either, it's just a really awesome taunt move they gave Vega. "
Fixed :D Tossing claw + laughing taunt = win!
#16 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

All I know is that, for all his faults, Vega's still who I'm best with. 
Hopefully he gets even a little boost in SSFIV

#17 Posted by King9999 (608 posts) -
@ImperiousRix said:
"

All I know is that, for all his faults, Vega's still who I'm best with. 
Hopefully he gets even a little boost in SSFIV

"
He's getting nothing but boosts according to one of the updates on the S4 blog.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.