Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Want to play guile but can't

Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Heartagram

So i played guile a bit and i just cant seem to get down his super.
    I cannot  figure out how to do it.  Every time i attempt to do it i jump up and kick.
    If anyone has any tips on how to do this let me know cause i love guile but i feel like i cant use him unless i can figure out his ultra.

satseb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By satseb

what kind of controller are you playing with?

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Alex_Murphy

I know what you mean, I'm playing with the 360 pad and those charge, forward, back, forward moves aren't easy. I can pull out spinning piledrivers all day long but those other moves I can only get off maybe one out of five times. Try using the analog stick just for that move it might be a little easier to hit the exact motion.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By ImperiousRix
    Alex_Murphy said:
    "I know what you mean, I'm playing with the 360 pad and those charge, forward, back, forward moves aren't easy. I can pull out spinning piledrivers all day long but those other moves I can only get off maybe one out of five times. Try using the analog stick just for that move it might be a little easier to hit the exact motion."

Yeh, the typical charge character moves are more difficult to pull off, but Guile doesn't have a Super and Ultra like that.  His is executed like Vega's, which I have no idea how to do it either.  It has something to do with charging down and away, then moving to down and forward, down and away again, and then up and an attack.  Something like that.
    trueSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By trueSpark
    ImperiousRix said:
    "Alex_Murphy said:
    "I know what you mean, I'm playing with the 360 pad and those charge, forward, back, forward moves aren't easy. I can pull out spinning piledrivers all day long but those other moves I can only get off maybe one out of five times. Try using the analog stick just for that move it might be a little easier to hit the exact motion."
    Yeh, the typical charge character moves are more difficult to pull off, but Guile doesn't have a Super and Ultra like that.  His is executed like Vega's, which I have no idea how to do it either.  It has something to do with charging down and away, then moving to down and forward, down and away again, and then up and an attack.  Something like that."

Yeah, that's how it works, although I've noticed you can also end it with up and back instead of up and forward and still get the Super/Ultra out. That might make it a little easier to pull off for some.

Edit: I'm not sure whether ending the motion in up without the forward or back input will activate the super or not... The diagram in the moves list seems to suggest not, but I haven't tried it.
    Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By Heartagram

yeah after fiddling with this a bit ive figured it up you charge for like 3 secs then go forward then back to the diagnal then straight back diagnal up right its hard to explain but i have it down to a degree

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ImperiousRix

I actually started playing as more charge characters today because I was getting my ass mercilessly handed to me as my typical fighters and had some great success as Guile and Vega.
    Their supers and ultras are still a bitch to get down with the 360 d-pad, but I'm willing to keep playing as them to learn to use them well.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By turbomonkey138

balrogs moves are kinda similar but its not his ultra or super that are hard to pull of but his different kind of charge punches like he has 5 different kinds and they get fiddly to pull off in a hurry . I also cant play as guile which is a same becuase i really like using him .

slinky6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By slinky6

charge then go all the way to the right, then go all the back until you are almost pressing up and then hit kick or 3x kick if you're doing his ultra.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By JoelTGM

At first I could never do them, but I got used to it.  You just have to charge it, forward > back > and forward/up I believe.  Just do the training mode, and practice doing it slowly.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ImperiousRix

I've actually been maining Guile for the last couple of days.  I might add some info. for him on Legend's guide.

supersatanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By supersatanic

I know what youre talking about. I really had a lot of trouble with this during one time.

Give about a second gap between  charging down and away and down and forward,wait half a second and  then just ram analog it up like an 'L" without even a pinch of hesitation. That's how I do it. Keep practicing it for a long period in training and soon you will be able to pull it off in tight situations.

Do you use the controller or a fight stick?? I can probably put a video of my controller motion for you if you want.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.