Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

What do you guys do?

sho76und3wd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sho76und3wd

What do you guys do when you get in a SFIV rut?  I had a couple of really bad online sessions the other day and was getting extremely aggravated.  I has getting hit by random wake-up ultras, getting shoryued out of block strings, and just basically getting hit with new-player tactics more often than I should have been, due to being really agitated and doing stupid things.  (Ken has Ultra and no life left, I think I'll full screen dash punch! So mad at myself!)  

I know we have all had days like this, but how do you guys remedy it?  I just stopped playing online and started practicing combos for a couple of days. 

jaycee13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jaycee13

I say "EF DIS EFFIN GAME!!!" and go back to 3rd strike for a few days. Then when I comeback I spend an hour in training mode.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By skrutop

Pop in Rock Band and come back to SF4 the next day.

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Elazul

Stop playing it for a couple of days. When you're burnt out on a game, forcing yourself to keep playing it will get you nowhere.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Scooper

Play something else and take a break from the game. I barely ever play Champ mode now because people tend to be no fun to play since you only get to play them once so they be really dirty.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By JJOR64

If I do Championship Mode and start getting really pissed off, I go to Ranked Matches and eat some noobs to calm down a little.  SFIV pisses me off a lot, but I can't stop playing it because it's so much fun.

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Street Fighter generally pisses me off when i cannot even complete Arcade mode on Medium against the CPU. Whenever i play against actual people online i don't get like this even. 

I usually swear a lot and turn off the game.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jack268

I slam my controller against my knee and then get at it again. The microphone holes on my 360 controller actually made quite a deep cut in my leg which actually gave me problems with running for a few days >_> 

I don't think it's a good thing to do really, but if I stop playing the game for that session I probably won't get onto it again for days.

Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lilbigsupermario

I punch the carpeted floor until my knuckles get red...then I play a different game for a couple of days until I miss playing SF4 again hehehe!

Necrotrophic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Necrotrophic
    @sho76und3wd said:
    " What do you guys do when you get in a SFIV rut?  I had a couple of really bad online sessions the other day and was getting extremely aggravated.  I has getting hit by random wake-up ultras, getting shoryued out of block strings, and just basically getting hit with new-player tactics more often than I should have been, due to being really agitated and doing stupid things.  (Ken has Ultra and no life left, I think I'll full screen dash punch! So mad at myself!)    I know we have all had days like this, but how do you guys remedy it?  I just stopped playing online and started practicing combos for a couple of days.  "
    whenever i lose like 4 or 5 straight i just take a break. getting frustrated isnt going to help you, and t he only thing that seems to help is to walk away for a bit
    Necrotrophic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Necrotrophic
    @CornontheCobbe said:
    " Street Fighter generally pisses me off when i cannot even complete Arcade mode on Medium against the CPU. Whenever i play against actual people online i don't get like this even.   I usually swear a lot and turn off the game. "
    you wanna beat arcade mode on medium?

pick chun li, hit medium punch and hold forwward the entire time.

the ai is really stupid.... I sit in arcade mode in between matches and thats all i end up doing
    TheLastNeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By TheLastNeo
    @JJOR64 said:
    " If I do Championship Mode and start getting really pissed off, I go to Ranked Matches and eat some noobs to calm down a little.  SFIV pisses me off a lot, but I can't stop playing it because it's so much fun. "

I tend to do this, or player matches... just to mix it up.. But it never fails... every time I go to ranked matches , i PWN...  (not that im awesome, but it clearly seems like the good players play "player or champ" modes)
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AniMoney

take a break or play someone you can joke around with online

Necrotrophic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Necrotrophic

I hate  ranked mode. No matter how much  you condition someone NOT to do wakeup ultras/srks they just do it anyway(disregarding the fact they lost 9/10 of their life because of it), and i always think "they cant be THAT stupid.... time to go in for the kill"

then I eat an ultra.

Heylook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Heylook

FACT: One of the best ways to release mental frustration is masturbatory therapy. 

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Sooty

I stay away from online play on SFIV because it's so bad when you are used to playing offline.

sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sfighter21
    @Necrotrophic said:
    " I hate  ranked mode. No matter how much  you condition someone NOT to do wakeup ultras/srks they just do it anyway(disregarding the fact they lost 9/10 of their life because of it), and i always think "they cant be THAT stupid.... time to go in for the kill"  then I eat an ultra. "
    HAHAHA!!  OMG, That happens to me TOO often!!  I tell myself, "No way they're gonna wake up ULTRA.  I just punished every single one of there SRKs"  *ULTRA'D*  lol.  UGH!!
    sho76und3wd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sho76und3wd
    @Necrotrophic said:
    " I hate  ranked mode. No matter how much  you condition someone NOT to do wakeup ultras/srks they just do it anyway(disregarding the fact they lost 9/10 of their life because of it), and i always think "they cant be THAT stupid.... time to go in for the kill"  then I eat an ultra. "
    LOL! That sounds exactly like my experience sometimes.  I swear I feel like I am mixing up my opponent well and they will just do something so outright ridiculous, like launch a full screen ultra, and I'll be dashing in to close the gap and I'll eat the ultra.  It drives me crazy.
    Gunner_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Gunner_Thor
    @sho76und3wd:
    If I get in a rut or find myself getting easily beaten by BS, then I stop playing.  I can tell when I'm not 100% because I'll let someone walk up and throw me, or I'll start jumping too much.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Scooper

I usualy try and learn a new character. Right now I'm bored and annoyed so I am starting to try out Gouken.

VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#21  Edited By VicRattlehead

i take a break for a while..... just took a 2 week break and started back playing today....instead of raging at all the mashing kens i just chuckled......

Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By killroycantkill

I rage until I get one win, then pop in rockband and play some metal on expert drums since that gives the most bashing.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Stang

I never lose thus I never get bothered.  Good deal in my opinion.

Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Leo

I just hit up challenge mode. It's strangely calming.

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By yetiantics

I stop playing for a couple of weeks. 
    Then when a friend of mine whips out SF4, (and usually humiliates me normally btw) and i beat his ass in straight sets. 

I'm weird like that.
    sho76und3wd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By sho76und3wd
    @Scooper said:
    " I usualy try and learn a new character. Right now I'm bored and annoyed so I am starting to try out Gouken. "
    How is that going?  I'm actually doing the same thing except I can't decide who I want to use.  I might work on my Rufus or try and improve my Akuma. 
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Scooper
    @sho76und3wd said:
    " @Scooper said:
    " I usualy try and learn a new character. Right now I'm bored and annoyed so I am starting to try out Gouken. "
    How is that going?  I'm actually doing the same thing except I can't decide who I want to use.  I might work on my Rufus or try and improve my Akuma.  "
    It's not going too badly. I tried playing as him a while ago but gave up almost imediataly and ended up going with Rose for a bit instead. This time I'm gunna be more persistant. I'm actualy having a little trouble with his s.HP to palm. I don't know why but I think it's just me not used to the timing. 

If you want to play sometime while you're learning your new characters just message me. I'm almost always up for playing.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Scooper: I'm sure the window there is massively lenient. Just dial in the HP and the dash pal right after, don't wait for any cues.

I totally forgot I play Gouken....

*runs to SF4*
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Scooper
    @GetEveryone said:
    " @Scooper: I'm sure the window there is massively lenient. Just dial in the HP and the dash pal right after, don't wait for any cues.  I totally forgot I play Gouken....  *runs to SF4* "
    I can do it but I most of the time but sometimes I have trouble with things like crossup MK, s.HP - EX Palm. I think it's because of the way I've been playing with a pad and I have trouble canceling a HP (LB on pad) into a move. I just need to keep practicing until I'm comfortable with doing it more.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Scooper: Yeah, after crossing up its a total pain, I often get a kongoshin instead of palm. Its a great way to look like a tit.
    Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31  Edited By Renahzor

The only correct answer is: Take a 6 month break from the game, and come back 3 weeks before super comes out to knock the rust off.  During that 6 months, be sure to play completely random crap, Including C&C generals, Borderlands, Forza, WoW, Rock Band, and more....

Or!  just take a day or so off and come back to it.  A day wasn't enough for me.  FU champ mode.

sho76und3wd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By sho76und3wd
    @Scooper said:

" @sho76und3wd said:

" @Scooper said:
    How is that going?  I'm actually doing the same thing except I can't decide who I want to use.  I might work on my Rufus or try and improve my Akuma.  "
    It's not going too badly. I tried playing as him a while ago but gave up almost imediataly and ended up going with Rose for a bit instead. This time I'm gunna be more persistant. I'm actualy having a little trouble with his s.HP to palm. I don't know why but I think it's just me not used to the timing.   If you want to play sometime while you're learning your new characters just message me. I'm almost always up for playing. "

Sure. I'll probably be on tomorrow if you want to play.  I have a weird work schedule, so I am often off during the week as often as I am the weekends.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By lordofultima

Take a walk when it's late, and pick apart things in your game that are unnecessary. It's pretty therapeutic as well.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By napalm

I BREAK DISCS WITH ONE HAND.

So, if you're thinking what I think you should be thinking, then yes, you are correct, and yes it sucks, but it's fine.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Scooper
    @Napalm said:
    " I BREAK DISCS WITH ONE HAND.  So, if you're thinking what I think you should be thinking, then yes, you are correct, and yes it sucks, but it's fine. "
    Don't tell me you've bought more then 1 copy of SFIV. Tell me it ain't so!
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By demontium

keep playing.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By napalm
    @Scooper: Oh no. I just lost it one night and broke my disc, so I'm patiently waiting for Super.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Scooper
    @Napalm said:
    " @Scooper: Oh no. I just lost it one night and broke my disc, so I'm patiently waiting for Super. "
    hahahahaha
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By napalm
    @Scooper said:
    " @Napalm said:
    " @Scooper: Oh no. I just lost it one night and broke my disc, so I'm patiently waiting for Super. "
    hahahahaha "
    Laugh it up, hombre, laugh it up.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Stang
    @Napalm said:
    Wow, and I said you mature!

THANKS FOR PROVING ME WRONG.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By napalm
    @Stang: SHUT UP, STANG.

This was awhile ago. Almost a month, actually. Since then I've been playing a good bit of HD Remix. Now I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get back into Super IV. HD Remix has my style and frame of mind all fucked up.
    renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By renmckormack
    @Scooper said:
    this 
    and pet my dog. AGRESSIVELY PET

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.