Whats the Difference?

#1 Edited by Heartagram (1181 posts) -

Are these sticks any different or is it just a rerelease with exactly the same features.  

Stick #1....Stick #2

#2 Posted by MrJared (397 posts) -
@Heartagram said:
a rerelease with exactly the same features.  
This :)  They're exactly the same, the only exception being the colors and art.
#3 Posted by JJOR64 (18882 posts) -
@Heartagram: What MrJared said is right.  No major differences.
#4 Posted by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -

the upcoming sticks for ssfiv will be slightly improved than the first two releases. something about better pcb, and the start/select buttons will be included in the "hold" switch. but yeah those two are the same, just different artwork which btw is easy to customize

#5 Edited by Heartagram (1181 posts) -
@Thrawn: Do you think i should wait for the updated ones? I have never really played with a stick but i want to start getting used to it now so i am ready when SSFIV comes out
#6 Posted by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -

well the upgrades really aren't that significant. and if you buy one of the older sticks you'll be more likely to get them at a huge discount while the new sticks will cost upwards of $150. It does take a long time to get used to stick and i recommend trying one out first to make sure you can at least get somewhere close to doing all the inputs comfortably. there are  a lot of really good pad players that just find the sticks to be awkward and it's not guaranteed that a stick will make you play better.

#7 Edited by Heartagram (1181 posts) -
@Thrawn: Ok with that into consideration do you think i should get a fairly cheap one at first then upgrade at a later date?  

I have around 150 to spend right now which is why i was thinking of getting one Saw this stick.  

Would that be a decent enough one to try and practice with.  

This one as well
#8 Posted by Kumo (124 posts) -
@Heartagram:
If you're going to get a stick, I would avoid those other two. I personally used the Hori EX2 myself for awhile and it's pretty bad. Inputs not registering, the gate being... cheap, all-in-all it was terrible. The MadCatz SE stick is nearly universally trashed, though some people can still manage with it. I'd just go ahead and get a TE. Unless you drop it, you won't need to get another one for a long, long time.
#9 Posted by JJOR64 (18882 posts) -
#10 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -
@Kumo said:
" @Heartagram: If you're going to get a stick, I would avoid those other two. I personally used the Hori EX2 myself for awhile and it's pretty bad. Inputs not registering, the gate being... cheap, all-in-all it was terrible. The MadCatz SE stick is nearly universally trashed, though some people can still manage with it. I'd just go ahead and get a TE. Unless you drop it, you won't need to get another one for a long, long time. "
I broke my SFIV stick. Kind of. The faceplate got all bent to shit, making the buttons only respond 40% of the time. The bottom metal plate is all bent all over, and I broke one of the screws completely free of the plastic.

Yes, I used to rage really hard when I first started playing SFIV.
#11 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
@Kumo said:
" @Heartagram: If you're going to get a stick, I would avoid those other two. I personally used the Hori EX2 myself for awhile and it's pretty bad. Inputs not registering, the gate being... cheap, all-in-all it was terrible. The MadCatz SE stick is nearly universally trashed, though some people can still manage with it. I'd just go ahead and get a TE. Unless you drop it, you won't need to get another one for a long, long time. "
Nothing wrong with the SE my friend
#12 Posted by Kumo (124 posts) -
@turbomonkey138 said:
" @Kumo said:
Nothing wrong with the SE my friend "
I'm just going by what I've heard from the majority of people who've used one. I've never used one myself, so I can't say anything personally about it either way. 

@PureRok said:
" @Kumo said:
I broke my SFIV stick. Kind of. The faceplate got all bent to shit, making the buttons only respond 40% of the time. The bottom metal plate is all bent all over, and I broke one of the screws completely free of the plastic.  Yes, I used to rage really hard when I first started playing SFIV. "

I assume you mean you broke a TE stick? That'd suck. You should keep other things nearby to break for if/when you rage. :P 

#13 Posted by TJSmash (83 posts) -

The SE is fine as long as you swap all the parts for Sanwa stuff.  But you may as well just spend the $100 and get the TE at that point.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.