What's your favorite looking Ultra in SF4?

#1 Posted by Noodlearms (586 posts) -
#2 Edited by Noodlearms (586 posts) -

 

My favorite looking Ultra is probably Fei Long's, since that kick at the end is awesome. Akuma's is cool, too, along with Gouken's. Oh, and please post why it's your favorite.
(Put this here so it could be a poll)
Edit: Fei Ling = Fei Long, lol.

#3 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

Ryu's, because it is so rare.

#4 Posted by Noodlearms (586 posts) -
@Stang said:
"Ryu's, because it is so rare. "

Very true, lol. I rarely see any Ryu players, which is probably because Ken > Ryu. :)
#5 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

I think I love you! No homo of course. o.O
 
On the real, Gouken's. It just looks clean.

#6 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -

Vega's. 
 
Love the laugh and the rose petals. 

#7 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

Akuma's and Guile's. Guile's is all flare and no actual substance though but who can't like that big boot in the face at the end. Akuma's because you're like "Oh damn, something bad happend to that guy just then" when you see it. Also Gouken's is pretty good.
 
Of course I think DeeJay's Sobat Festival ultra in Super shits on everyone in terms of style.
 
Also Dan doesn't have an Ultra taunt, it's a super taunt so doesn't really count.

#8 Posted by XATMO92 (11 posts) -

I hate Ken (probably has to do with playin a little too much online) but his ultra is pretty awesome looking, with the pyrotechnics and everything. Gouken's is pretty badass too. 
 
Favourite ultra come Super will be Fei Long's. One inch punch ftw!
#9 Posted by SpecialBuddy (1110 posts) -

Tie between Gen's Mantis Ultra and El Fuertes. Gens because it just looks and sounds badass. El Fuerte's because every time i land it I lift my finger into the air, even online.

#10 Posted by lordofultima (6208 posts) -

Fei Long's by far. Fei Long's second Ultra in Super is looking awesome as well. FEI LING?

#11 Posted by Gambit (727 posts) -

where the fuck have you been canned?

#12 Posted by SpecialBuddy (1110 posts) -
@Gambit said:
" where the fuck have you been canned? "
School stuff and playing the Starcraft 2 beta. Ive been playing Street Fighter with dudes at my college so I haven't been on Xbox in a while. Haven't been posting on here, cause frankly, it is boring as shit on here right now.
#13 Posted by Noodlearms (586 posts) -
@Scooper said:
"Akuma's and Guile's. Guile's is all flare and no actual substance though but who can't like that big boot in the face at the end. Akuma's because you're like "Oh damn, something bad happend to that guy just then" when you see it. Also Gouken's is pretty good.  Of course I think DeeJay's Sobat Festival ultra in Super shits on everyone in terms of style.  Also Dan doesn't have an Ultra taunt, it's a super taunt so doesn't really count. "

Oh, my bad about the Super Taunt being on there. I've yet to see DeeJays btw.
#14 Posted by Noodlearms (586 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
"Fei Long's by far. Fei Long's second Ultra in Super is looking awesome as well. FEI LING? "

I know, Fei Ling. I'm ashamed of myself.
#15 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -
@Noodlearms said:
" @lordofultima said:
"Fei Long's by far. Fei Long's second Ultra in Super is looking awesome as well. FEI LING? "

I know, Fei Ling. I'm ashamed of myself. "
To make it worse, it is winning the poll, so everyone can see the disastrous mistake you made. :P
 
I voted Gen, because his Mantis Ultra is very very cool.
#16 Posted by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -

kens is probably my favourite but fuertes is a close second
 
giefs new ultra looks sweet as well....... I AM THE PROTECTOR OF RUSSIAS SKY

#17 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -

Bison yo!

#18 Posted by Aljosa15 (315 posts) -

Viper's.

#19 Posted by CanadianBaconX (170 posts) -

E. Honda's... And it's not cause that's who I use, it's cause of the faces some characters make when they get hit by the last palm strike... Usually makes me laugh :) Also, add in how annoying it is to land that Ultra, adds a little bit of a satisfaction aspect to it.

#20 Posted by misterpope (379 posts) -
@Stang said:
"Ryu's, because it is so rare. "

Ah sarcasm. What a lovely thing.
#21 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

C. Viper, Ken, M. Bison and Guile all have nice looking Ultra moves. I really like Cammy's too, actually.

#22 Posted by Log (186 posts) -

I cant believe Abel has no votes... the intro to his Ultra alone is enough to make him at least #2 on this list

#23 Posted by JJOR64 (18910 posts) -

For me it would have to be Zangief's Ultra.

#24 Posted by GunstarRed (5032 posts) -

Fei Long's,  I love how he finishes off the barrage of punches with that final flying kick.
#25 Posted by Renahzor (991 posts) -

I like cammy's full ultra, but not her partial, but im biased there.  
 
if I have to choose someone other than my main, I would say......  Seth, because it looks ridiculous, which is a requirement for good ultras.

#26 Posted by Noodlearms (586 posts) -
@marioncobretti said:
"Fei Long's,  I love how he finishes off the barrage of punches with that final flying kick. "

Agreed, especially when you get a KO right when the kick hits.
#27 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -

Cammy or Fei Long. Cammy's ultra just looks.. painful while Fei Long's is just.. awesome. 

#28 Posted by sho76und3wd (148 posts) -

I love Gouken's ultra.  It just seems really powerful, as it should be. 

#29 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -
@sho76und3wd said:
" I love Gouken's ultra.  It just seems really powerful, as it should be.  "
Yeah I agree with that. The master of Ryu and Ken who we haven't seen in years and who was thought to be dead should have defestating Ultra, and it feels like it. The extended chin bit is a bit goofy though, I'm not a fan of it much.
#30 Posted by Supersoulman (27 posts) -

Ken for sure, the break after his first hit is just perfect.

#31 Posted by jaycee13 (523 posts) -

definatley kens. Especially when its a random wakeup that is just enough to kill you making you rage and smash stuff.

#32 Posted by Shadow (4977 posts) -

The thing about Cammy's that takes it over the top for me is that every now and then, you get an opponent to the exact right low amount of health needed to do the last (but low-damage) move, and you get a slow-motion neck snap

#33 Posted by Noodlearms (586 posts) -
@Shadow said:
"The thing about Cammy's that takes it over the top for me is that every now and then, you get an opponent to the exact right low amount of health needed to do the last (but low-damage) move, and you get a slow-motion neck snap "

I never even realized her end move was a neck snap, lol. I thought she just kinda landed on the dude.
#34 Posted by misterpope (379 posts) -

I love Rufus'. The final shot at the end... beautiful. Plus it's called SPACE OPERA SYMPHONY to top it all off.
#35 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

I voted Vega's because... I play as Vega.  >_> 
No, really.  I DO like the way his looks when it hits, especially for an Ultra combo finish.  It's pretty sick. 
Now if only I could learn to hit it consistently against non-fireball characters.

#36 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -

Fei Ling

#37 Posted by sho76und3wd (148 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" @sho76und3wd said:
" I love Gouken's ultra.  It just seems really powerful, as it should be.  "
Yeah I agree with that. The master of Ryu and Ken who we haven't seen in years and who was thought to be dead should have defestating Ultra, and it feels like it. The extended chin bit is a bit goofy though, I'm not a fan of it much. "

Yeah they do the disjointed chin and it looks really silly.  I think they do it to keep the "fun" in SFIV but I think they should have had a more painful look on their face when it happens.  His Ultra should of been treated more like Akuma's which is probably my second favorite and by  that I mean a more serious-tone. 
#38 Posted by Kumo (124 posts) -

Gouken's ultra is definitely the winner in my book. C. Viper and Cammy are tied for second.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.