Who do you think is top 5 on GB?

• 68 results
#1 Edited by AniMoney (957 posts) -

Post your opinion on who are the top 5 SFIV players on GB. If you really want, you can rank everyone you've played. 

Try to use numbers.

1. Haunts (no brainer imo, haven't played him though)
  2. Stang (haven't played him in a while, but he beats me down when we do)
  3. Jonny Digital (never posts here much, but he is damn good)
  4. CannedHedgehogs (only played once, and he was fucking around for most of the time, but when he brought out Gen I was free)
  5. Lordofultima (knows akuma inside and out, great with combos)
#2 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

napalm
napalm
napalm
napalm
napalm

#3 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@Stang:  

you mean  

stang 
stang 
stang 
stang 
stang?
#4 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1478 posts) -

Stang, AniMoney, H20 VashTS, j0nny Digital, annnd FluxWaveZ (All XBL tags).
Keep in mind that I still haven't played Ultima despite being on his friends list, and I don't know why, but I do confusingly well against SpecialBuddy/CannedHedgehogs.
I'd like to play more people though!

#5 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

Haunts will obviously be #1 cause, well, he is pro. I will not include him because of that. I will not count myself either cause that is just lame. I would love to play haunts first to 10 and record it, mostly to give everybody a good laugh.

1.Hedgehog
2.Ultima
3.Digital
4.Ani
5.Jordan/Scooper/Symphony (Could not decide)

I would like to play Scooper in a lag free environment. Dude is good.

#6 Posted by lordofultima (6208 posts) -

I wouldn't put me on the list at all personally. 

1. Haunts
  2. Stang
  3. SpecialBuddy
  4. Jared
  5. AniMoney
#7 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@lordofultima: You are much better then you give yourself credit for, or you are just extremely modest. Sanbagger or liar, take your pick :p
#8 Posted by lordofultima (6208 posts) -
@Stang said:
" @lordofultima: You are much better then you give yourself credit for, or you are just extremely modest. Sanbagger or liar, take your pick :p "
I'm just the exact amount of humble and cocky that I need, gotta keep that balance.
#9 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -
@Stang said:
" napalm napalm napalm napalm napalm "
lmao I just read this and couldn't stop laughing, this will go straight to his head

@OwnlyUzinWonHan said:
I'd like to play more people though! "
Yeah making this list made me realize there are still a lot of people I have not played against. I don't think I played jeffsekai, symphony, or foodchainn. I should add them to my friends list.

@lordofultima said:
" I wouldn't put me on the list at all personally. 

I wouldn't put myself on a list either, but these are other people's opinions so w/e.
#10 Posted by LeetBalla (696 posts) -

Doesn't really matter because none of them are pro.

#11 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@LeetBalla: Last time I checked Haunts was pretty damn pro. Iplaywinner, ever here of it? YJDK.

That is neither here nor there, what does being pro have to do with our opinions of the people we play? Logic fail.
#12 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

What's a Street Fighter?

#13 Posted by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -

meh specialbuddy is free if you use honda, and I should be on that list at least twice

(pow)

#14 Posted by Red12b (9079 posts) -

I wish I was at least adequate at SF, it just does not compute for me,  
You guys make up a great SF4 Community and i'd love to play some with ya,  
But I would get depressed way to much,  

Good on ya guy's 

#15 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -

1. Stang
2 Canned
3. Ultima
4. Scooper
5.JJOR64

#16 Edited by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -

2. Pessh
1. AjayRaz

That is all. One of these days, I will be on these lists.

#17 Posted by Plasma (931 posts) -

Well Stang and Haunts are the best that post here, unless we have a tourney its hard to order the rest.

#18 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

Of those I've played:

1. Stang
  2. Everyone else

The problem is everyone I play here is in the US and neither they or I can play to anywhere like our best ability which is very annoying. Very surprised about making a couple of you guy's lists, though. Didn't expect that. Lag screws everything in Street Fighter ;'(
#19 Posted by EvilGreenDevil (197 posts) -

I need to start playing everyone more. I dream of the day when everyone on the site agree unanimously on the fact that I am free as they come. 

#20 Edited by Renahzor (991 posts) -
@Stang said:

" Haunts will obviously be #1 cause, well, he is pro. I will not include him because of that. I will not count myself either cause that is just lame. I would love to play haunts first to 10 and record it, mostly to give everybody a good laugh. 1.Hedgehog 2.Ultima 3.Digital 4.Ani 5.Jordan/Scooper/Symphony (Could not decide) I would like to play Scooper in a lag free environment. Dude is good. "

Stang is the beastest.   

Actually, I've only played him and Flux first to 10, and barely edged out flux, and went 9-10(lost) with stang.  Hmmmmm.  I need to fix my stick and play more, get ready for super.
#21 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6090 posts) -

I'll tell you whose name belongs solely in the bottom five - Sparky_Buzzsaw. 

Love me some Street Fighter IV, but man, do I ever stink at it.
#22 Posted by Kumo (124 posts) -

@EvilGreenDevil said:

"I need to start playing everyone more. I dream of the day when everyone on the site agree unanimously on the fact that I am free as they come.  "

Nah, I've got that title all for myself. ...for now!
#23 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -

Wow our forum has such low self-esteem.

#24 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

Eh...JJOR64 , from what I've seen. I haven't played against many people on here, so I'm not good at SFIV. I don't play competitively.

#25 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@Renahzor said:
" @Stang said:

" Haunts will obviously be #1 cause, well, he is pro. I will not include him because of that. I will not count myself either cause that is just lame. I would love to play haunts first to 10 and record it, mostly to give everybody a good laugh. 1.Hedgehog 2.Ultima 3.Digital 4.Ani 5.Jordan/Scooper/Symphony (Could not decide) I would like to play Scooper in a lag free environment. Dude is good. "

Stang is the beastest.     Actually, I've only played him and Flux first to 10, and barely edged out flux, and went 9-10(lost) with stang.  Hmmmmm.  I need to fix my stick and play more, get ready for super. "
I am ready for your Cammy shenanigans! With the headaches and ulcers Bokkin and Spanish Hitman have given me, I finally understand the matchup. Bring it!

And I honestly forgot you played the game. Your Cammy is somewhere in the top 5, or at least it was :p Stop playing Forza!
#26 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -
@AniMoney said:
" Wow our forum has such low self-esteem. "
nah just humble
#27 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@AniMoney said:
" Wow our forum has such low self-esteem. "
No, you all just suck :P

Just kidding!

Or am I o.O
#28 Posted by Bokkin (5 posts) -
@Stang said:
*Cough.....technically I'm on giantbomb....*cough 
hahaha it's been awhile and I see this thread and have to see whats up.
#29 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

stang, haunts, lordofultima, jared are the only people i notice alot of on the forums so i guess they are good, im not going to rate them though because i havent played SFIV

#30 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

@Bokkin: Aw fuck, I totally forgot about you!

1.Hedgehog
2.Ultima
3.Digital
4.Ani
5.Jordan/Jeff/Symphony
150,000.B0KKIN

<3 Thanks for the ass whooping, all the vids are almost up. Cut the audio like I said I was going to do. Sorry for acting like an ass, I was extremely frustrated.

#31 Posted by haunts (81 posts) -

only one way to find out... 

TOURNAMENTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

#32 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

@haunts: Been there, done that. Giant Bomb tournaments = fail, even when I offered a prize. 

#33 Posted by Bokkin (5 posts) -

^I'd love to play Digital/Ani/Jordan/Jeff/symphony just to check out the rest of this all-star cast we got goin on....I'm getting tired of playin champ mode and picking ryu or cammy and having people quit....akuma's too easily randomed out in champ mode.....vortex only works if the other person isn't autistic.

#34 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@Stang said:
"  @haunts: Been there, done that. Giant Bomb tournaments = fail, even when I offered a prize.  "
Tournaments on 360 may not work, but PS3 ones seem to be where it's at. Admittedly they can go on for quite a while, but we get there in the end.
#35 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -
@Stang said:
"  @haunts: Been there, done that. Giant Bomb tournaments = fail, even when I offered a prize.  "
That or Stang wins his own Fight Pad
#36 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@Bokkin: I would like to see the matches. And I want a fucking rematch. 

@mubress: That last PS3 tournament lasted like 2 months, I would hardly say that went smoothly. We got there in the end also, I am happy to have won it but I prematurely went bald in the process.

@Jeffsekai: Stang vs. Haunts, first to 10. He wins, he gets the fight pad. I win, I get iplaywinner. LETS DO THIS!
#37 Posted by SpecialBuddy (1110 posts) -

Yo real talk! Stang only wins cause he is random as fuck! If there was any structure to his play he would be free!

Dirty masher!

My Sagat owns him for free!

#38 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@SpecialBuddy: I win because you be a scrub! Having to resort to picking Sagat to beat my Ken proves it!!
#39 Posted by SpecialBuddy (1110 posts) -
@Stang: No what it proves is that your a sucker for Sagat. I dont even play the fool. Also Im pretty sure you lose pretty hard to my Gief. Anyways... SHOWDOWN! TONIGHT! BE THERE!
#40 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@SpecialBuddy: I rarely lose to your Gief, i have video proof of that. You pick Sagat, I will pick Ryu. Back to being free you go!
#41 Posted by SpecialBuddy (1110 posts) -
@Stang said:
" @SpecialBuddy: I rarely lose to your Gief, i have video proof of that. You pick Sagat, I will pick Ryu. Back to being free you go! "
Well I told you I was playing like shit that day. Also Ive been working a lot on Gief so watch out! Anyways I need to talk to you about Final Round if your going. Well settle this tonight and while we discuss what is going down in March.
#42 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@SpecialBuddy: Sounds good. I will be on around 4 pm pst and then again at 6:30 pm pst, this time we are playing for realz!1111one!
#43 Posted by j0nnyDiGITAL (69 posts) -

Oh wow I'm on a couple of these lists. I think that means we need better players on here ASAP.

#44 Posted by SpecialBuddy (1110 posts) -
@Stang said:
" @SpecialBuddy: Sounds good. I will be on around 4 pm pst and then again at 6:30 pm pst, this time we are playing for realz!1111one! "
Well I might still be messing around. Who know? Matters how Im feeling.
#45 Posted by harris (848 posts) -

All I know is that number 70,109 is me.

#46 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@j0nnyDiGITAL: Bring it son!

@SpecialBuddy: Play how you want, I am going to post the entire set. Mess around and lose 10-0, fine. Play your best and lose 10-2, that is ok also. 

<3
#47 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@Stang: The first deadline was Jan. 7th, it lasted about 2 weeks. We didn't actually start until after you guys finished just about.
#48 Posted by EvilGreenDevil (197 posts) -
@j0nnyDiGITAL said:
"Oh wow I'm on a couple of these lists. I think that means we need better players on here ASAP. "

Haven't seen u around much recently. I've played a handful of everyone on the lists so add me EvilGreenDevil on XBL...i could use a good ass whooping.
#49 Posted by Belonpopo (1823 posts) -

I miss Ajayraz....

#50 Edited by Dolphin_Butter (1913 posts) -

I'm surprised none of you mentioned squirtle-squad. No love for the PS3 community?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.