Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Worth playing with regular controller?

beemer87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By beemer87

is this game worth playing with a regular controller? i want to get it but dont want to have to spend a ton of money on a joystick.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Karmum

If you are going to play the game casually (and not online), I guess you could use the standard controller. Almost everyone I know uses a joystick though, because it is easier to play with.

beemer87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By beemer87

what about the mad catz fightpad?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee2492b629bb
    deactivated-5ee2492b629bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude, don't believe the lies. You do not need a joystick to play this game online. I'm playing on a 360 pad and kicking ass with Dan.

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By alexl86

I do fairly well with the 360 controller too, but maybe that's because I used to play SF with a controller rather than a Joystick, since I never played on an arcade machine.

fingofongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By fingofongo

You don't need fancy sticks or pads, it all comes down to preference

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By ImperiousRix

Don't even worry about it, man.  Get the game and if you learn on the 360 controller, than you're going to play fine online.  I feel like I'm getting plenty out of the game with just the standard controller, but a lot of it has to do with preference.  I might someday get a Fightpad, but I personally don't see the point at the moment.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#8  Edited By gla55jAw

It's fine with a controller, I've always used a controller for my fighters. A stick takes a while to get used to, I just recently got a stick and still feel more comfortable with a controller. You do not NEED a stick to play SFIV or any other fighter, just use what your used to.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By StaticFalconar

most people just WANT a fightstick, but the fact is most of us don't NEED one. This ain't guitar hero or DDR where you HAVE to buy new shit to get full enjoyment of the game. This is like mouse and keyboard versus controller for shooters all over again; just pick one and stick with it.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10  Edited By kush

I own a Hori EX2 and I actually prefer playing this game with my regular controller...I think the game works well with a regular controller for the most part. You may not be able to play at the level of someone who own a fancy stick, but someone who owns an expensive ass stick just for this game is probably a nutbar :P

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Captain_Fookup

It takes some time getting used to it, till then just use Ken, Ryu, or even Zangief+LB.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.