Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Xbox 360 controller analogue stick

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vitor

So I've been using the analogue stick on the Xbox controller on the PC version and am having the same problems I did when I played the game on PS3 using the D-pad, namely, that I simply cannot pull off ultras. I get that practice makes perfect but I was hoping for some tips from people who may have had a similar problem. 

Whenever I go for an ultra with Ken, I always end up pulling off a flaming  shoryuken instead. I assume that I'm not letting the stick go back to the neutral position after the first quarter circle and my movement is being read as another down stroke instead- anyone got tips on how I could get a bit more precision out of it?

jaycee13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jaycee13

the way i used to do it was to do a circular motion bringing the stick back to the middle after the first qcf then doing another qcf instead of bringing it back down the same way which made me do a shoryuken

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By lordofultima

You have to get it into neutral position before performing the second quarter circle. Practice guiding the stick back to neutral with your thumb between motions, it should all be one fluid hand movement.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vitor

So essentially  I'm meant to be doing the following shape twice:
      ____  
      |       /
      |     /
      |   /
      |/ 

Guiding the stick back to neutral being the straight line up top? Or have I misunderstood? Would have practised more today but I finally got my copy of BFBC2 working without glitches so jumped online for most of the evening

Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Belonpopo

When I do ultras basically I rotate the analog stick in a full circle and hit LB or LT pending on character.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By MysteriousBob

If you're even remotely serious about the game, you'll buy either a fightpad or a stick. However despite the title of this topic the controller isn't the issue here.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By CL60
    @MysteriousBob said:
    " If you're even remotely serious about the game, you'll buy either a fightpad or a stick. However despite the title of this topic the controller isn't the issue here. "
    I'd love to get a stick, but I have no money.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By lordofultima
    @MysteriousBob said:
    " If you're even remotely serious about the game, you'll buy either a fightpad or a stick. However despite the title of this topic the controller isn't the issue here. "
    No, there are plenty of pad users that prefer the PS3/360 pad to the busted-ass fightpad. I for one, if I had to choose...analog stick > dpad.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.