You wanna know what pisses me off?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -

I spent $129.99 on a TE fightstick and I am getting owned with it. 

• The Joystick spins around and sometimes cause me to slip up and jump (like you can twist the joystick around which is SO annoying).
  • There is no difference between having it locked or unlocked.
  • Sometimes I will throw a fireball motion, but the square restricter plate fucks it up!
  • All the motions are so much harder to do, no matter what I try.
  • Its wired...
#2 Posted by Nasar7 (2610 posts) -

1. Place it on your lap 
2. Practice

#3 Posted by Joker_777 (326 posts) -

Oh noooes.

#4 Posted by eroticfishcake (7783 posts) -

So what exactly are you saying? The fightstick has shoddy build quality? You're terrible at using it? Maybe both perhaps?

#5 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

It takes about two weeks to get used to using a fightstick.

#6 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

stop hugging the gates and just make a quarter circle movement

#7 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -
@demontium said:
" I spent $129.99 on a TE fightstick and I am getting owned with it. 
  • The Joystick spins around and sometimes cause me to slip up and jump (like you can twist the joystick around which is SO annoying).
  • Sometimes I will throw a fireball motion, but the square restricter plate fucks it up!
  • Its wired...
"
First of all I thought they were $100 now so you may have overpaid. 

It's supposed to spin, this has never bothered me or messed me up. You might be holding it wrong. 

The lockswitch is for the xbox guide button and turbo panel. 

You just need to get used to it, if everyone else can do it it's probably not the stick. If you really hate the square gate though I guess you could get an octogate. 

You just need to practice. It takes a little while to adjust. 

Wired is a plus imo. No worries about input lag, no worrying about the battery dying, no worries about syncing your controller. Just plug and play, and there's even a trip cord. 
#8 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@StaticFalconar said:
" stop hugging the gates and just make a quarter circle movement "
Every time I try to that spinning ball joystick screws it up or I get caught in the restricter plate. 

@SpikeSpiegel said:
" It takes about two weeks to get used to using a fightstick. "
Then its useless, it took me like 3 days to start owning with my 360 controller. Forcing yourself out of your comfort zone to be better at the stick means its not as good. 
#9 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@AniMoney said:
" @demontium said:
  • Its wired...
"
First of all I thought they were $100 now so you may have overpaid.  It's supposed to spin, this has never bothered me or messed me up. You might be holding it wrong.  The lockswitch is for the xbox guide button and turbo panel.  You just need to get used to it, if everyone else can do it it's probably not the stick. If you really hate the square gate though I guess you could get an octogate.  You just need to practice. It takes a little while to adjust.  Wired is a plus imo. No worries about input lag, no worrying about the battery dying, no worries about syncing your controller. Just plug and play, and there's even a trip cord.  "
I might need to mod it to a circular restricter plate... I like that one better.
#10 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

Grr square gates, I hate them 

#11 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -

Square gates are what the majority of people use, so there's certainly nothing wrong with them. I've never played on an octogate, but I love the square gate so I've never wanted to.

#12 Posted by Pinkshley1 (453 posts) -
@demontium said:
" @StaticFalconar said:
Every time I try to that spinning ball joystick screws it up or I get caught in the restricter plate. 

@SpikeSpiegel said:
Then its useless, it took me like 3 days to start owning with my 360 controller. Forcing yourself out of your comfort zone to be better at the stick means its not as good.  "
Then why did you get one?
#13 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@Pinkshley1 said:
" @demontium said:
" @StaticFalconar said:

@SpikeSpiegel said:
Then its useless, it took me like 3 days to start owning with my 360 controller. Forcing yourself out of your comfort zone to be better at the stick means its not as good.  "
Then why did you get one? "
Everyone said it was better.
#14 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -

OHHHHH WOW I AM SO DUMB! 

I had my fucking stick on D-Pad, once I put it on LS it was rockin.

#15 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

And of course there is the loltima's vid somewhere (too lazy to search for it, somebody will post that i think) on how to hold a stick. 
#16 Edited by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -

I can't even begin to express how annoyed this thread makes me:

I paid $170 for mine and do not regret it at all

• You're doing it wrong. Try adjusting your grip.
  • Are you talking about the guide or turbo buttons?
  • Sometimes you will throw a fireball motion, but your lack of skill using the stick fucks it up
  • All the motions are harder to do but a lot of them can be done faster and with more accuracy than on a pad
  • Its wired...because you don't want to play with lag

"Then its useless, it took me like 3 days to start owning with my 360 controller. Forcing yourself out of your comfort zone to be better at the stick means its not as good. "

This is the worst part. You must have no sense at all of the time required to get good at this game if you're pissed about not being amazing within 3 days. And I hardly call whatever you're doing with a pad 'owning." You aren't willing to put forth the time it better. Forcing yourself out of your comfort zone is what's needed to learn anything new. You also bitched and complained about that haunts thread a few days ago. Change or attitude or please, for the sake of everyone on the sfiv forums, stop posting.

I know this sounds really harsh but all of us have put in countless hours to get to the skill level we're at today. You coming on here and acting like it should only take to 3 days is more than annoying, it's infuriating. I usually try to be pretty laid back but for whatever reason you've really pisse dme off over the last few days. As long as you don't be a douche from this point on I'm 100% willing to forgive and forget.

EDIT: just read your post about the d-pad....I really don't understand how that would change the inputs and most players prefer to have it on d-pad but whatever.  I'm still completely serious about your attitude concerning how much time and effort needs to be put in the game, and about haunts and all that stuff.
#17 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@Thrawn said:
" You must have no sense at all of the time required to get good at this game if you're pissed about not being amazing within 3 days. And I hardly call whatever you're doing with a pad 'owning." You aren't willing to put forth the time it better. Forcing yourself out of your comfort zone is what's needed to learn anything new. You also bitched and complained about that haunts thread a few days ago. Change or attitude or please, for the sake of everyone on the sfiv forums, stop posting.  I know this sounds really harsh but all of us have put in countless hours to get to the skill level we're at today. You coming on here and acting like it should only take to 3 days is more than annoying, it's infuriating. "
I concur with this sentiment. Street Fighter IV is a fighting game that takes a lot of time and dedication to become good - or competent - at. It isn't a game you just pick up and play whenever and sorta hope to get better. You must be dedicated to improving yourself, and this occasionally means changing out controllers to improve your game. I'm a FightPad user, and it took me at least a week or so to discover the nuances of the pad, improve execution, etc., and I was still a little iffy on the controls because I hadn't used a controller like that in at least a decade. Once you get used to the controller, you'll never, ever go back.
#18 Posted by Carnin (40 posts) -

Practice make better and your thing is probably a rip off for it quality

#19 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -
@demontium said:
" OHHHHH WOW I AM SO DUMB!  I had my fucking stick on D-Pad, once I put it on LS it was rockin. "
How obvious is it you had this whole thing planned out before you even started the thread.

@demontium said:
Forcing yourself out of your comfort zone to be better at the stick means its not as good.  "
Lol you're a cock end.
#20 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

This guys is the opposite of me lol

#21 Posted by JJOR64 (18939 posts) -

Mine works fine.

#22 Posted by Getz (2995 posts) -
@demontium said:
" @StaticFalconar said:

@SpikeSpiegel said:
No, having to re-learn something does not automatically make it "not as good," that is the silliest thing I have heard today. Once you have learned how to play with a stick, I guarentee you your game will be better than with a controller. 
#23 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

Fuck stick, real men use pad. lrn2ply scrubs.

#24 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" @demontium said:
" OHHHHH WOW I AM SO DUMB!  I had my fucking stick on D-Pad, once I put it on LS it was rockin. "
How obvious is it you had this whole thing planned out before you even started the thread.

@demontium said:
Forcing yourself out of your comfort zone to be better at the stick means its not as good.  "
Lol you're a cock end. "
I need one of those dunce caps.
#25 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
@demontium said:
" @Scooper said:
" @demontium said:

@demontium said:
Lol you're a cock end. "
I need one of those dunce caps. "
Straight up trolling ...
#26 Posted by CanadianBaconX (170 posts) -
@Stang said:
" Fuck stick, real men use pad. lrn2ply scrubs. "
Close but... Real men play Street Fighter with... The Rock Band Drumset :D
#27 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

You have to practice skateboarding for like a month before you can ollie so the skateboard is no good.

#28 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@CanadianBaconX said:
" @Stang said:
Close but... Real men play Street Fighter with... The Rock Band Drumset :D "
Ok, call me dumb, retard, asshole....whatever. Is that possible? If so, I am buying a drumset ASAP. You guys think I flowchart now, YOU JUST DON'T KNOW!
#29 Posted by CanadianBaconX (170 posts) -
@Stang said:
" @CanadianBaconX said:
" @Stang said:
Ok, call me dumb, retard, asshole....whatever. Is that possible? If so, I am buying a drumset ASAP. You guys think I flowchart now, YOU JUST DON'T KNOW! "
Well... Technically... You could... But you'll be down a button since, from what I know you have the face buttons and the pedal is RB/R1 (I think) ... DAMN! Now I actually wanna try this XD
#30 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@CanadianBaconX: If you do try could you do me a favor and tape it? I would love to see this.
#31 Posted by Kumo (124 posts) -
@CanadianBaconX said:
"@Stang said:

I really want to try that now with Tekken 6. I bet my Law combos will sound awesome on the drums.
#32 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Stang said:

" @CanadianBaconX: If you do try could you do me a favor and tape it? I would love to see this. "

This. i would love to see that.

EDIT: It's already been done!!

#33 Edited by ZombieHunterOG (3530 posts) -
@CanadianBaconX said:

" @Stang said:

Closer but REAL MEN play with the Tony hawk ride Board GAWD 
#34 Posted by CanadianBaconX (170 posts) -

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Sad faice :(

Now I gotta think of something else to do tomorrow... Actually that was a lot less epic then I thought it'd be... Maybe it was the low level Dan CPU that did nothing that sorda dropped the awesome...

#35 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@CL60 said:

" @Stang said:

" @CanadianBaconX: If you do try could you do me a favor and tape it? I would love to see this. "

"
Yes! That was awesome when he hit Dan with a focus attack. Sucks you can't move though.
#36 Posted by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -

stang you're recording in 40 min correct? i might jump in

#37 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@turbomonkey138 said:
" @demontium said:
" @Scooper said:
" @demontium said:

@demontium said:
Lol you're a cock end. "
I need one of those dunce caps. "
Straight up trolling ... "
Trolling like.... a big shot?! NAC NAC NAC NAC!
#38 Posted by Driadon (2996 posts) -
@CL60: TO THAT I SAY:

#39 Posted by JJOR64 (18939 posts) -
@CL60 said:

" @Stang said:

"
Fucking epic.
#40 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:

" @CL60 said:

" @Stang said:

"
Fucking epic. "
This guy should go to Tourneys
#41 Edited by lordofultima (6230 posts) -
@demontium said:

• Its wired...
"
  • The joystick itself spins, this it not the NES Advantage. You're probably holding it weird if the ball spinning is interfering with your playing.
  • The lock switch locks the guide button.
  • I think fireball and all motions except 720s are easiest on square gate.
  • No one would want to use a wireless arcade stick who is serious about playing, latency issues and syncing issues.

No one said you were going to be the shit with it, there is a learning curve. Like riding a bike, you're going to fall about 600 times in the process of learning. I can't tell if your posts are troll or serious anymore, and that's a pretty big problem. Switching it to LS does not make it better, in fact a lot of TE's have defects where if it's not on DPAD position the stick lags. If I switch mine to LS the stick input will lag for instance. 

#42 Posted by monkeyroach (175 posts) -

LOL,sf4 is easy to play with the te stick.Go try to play 3rd strike with it and come back tell me how it worked out for you.

#43 Posted by lordofultima (6230 posts) -
@monkeyroach said:
" LOL,sf4 is easy to play with the te stick.Go try to play 3rd strike with it and come back tell me how it worked out for you. "
It's not easy for someone who has never used a stick. Stop being an elitist prick.
#44 Posted by kashif1 (1428 posts) -

no i do not want to know what pisses you off.

#45 Posted by Plasma (931 posts) -

Wonder If this guy will say / make a thread about something useful and not trolling by the time Super comes out. I doubt it.

#46 Posted by Brake (1094 posts) -
@CL60 said:

" @Stang said:

"
That is completely awesome! Now if only he could do stick motions with his chair or something...I would love to see a drum solo combo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.