Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Your Weekly Street Fighter IV Update

Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By Brad
    That is a lot of joystick.
    I thought I'd take a break from getting completely destroyed in SFII HD Remix ranked matches to post some tantalizing tidbits on the next Street Fighter release (you know, Four). For starters, MadCatz has taken the wraps off the hard technical specs of its officially-sanctioned-by-Capcom official Street Fighter IV-branded fighting sticks (both of 'em) and regular gamepad. Kotaku summarized the pertinent details, so let's link to them.

The Street Fighter IV FightPad for the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 includes an enlarged circular eight-way floating D-Pad and arcade style six-button configuration. An integrated D-Pad switch allows gamers to alternate between D-Pad and Analog Sticks. The Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick for the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 includes dual-speed Turbo functionality for each of the eight buttons complete with LED Indicators, and an integrated D-Pad switch. The start and select/back Buttons have been moved to the rear of the stick, which also includes a top panel that can hold character cards which show each character's special moves. The Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick: Tournament Edition for the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 uses the same Japanese style ball-handled joystick and 30mm Action Buttons found in the official Street Fighter IV Vewlix arcade cabinet. The stick also has the D-Pad control switch, dual Turbo functionality for each button, and exact button layout matching the Vewlix Street Fighter IV arcade panel.

Full press release is here. UPDATE: All the sticks! (And pads.)

You know, I'd like to think such finely crafted input devices will help increase my win record online. I'd like to think that. A previous Kotaku report puts these peripherals at $39.99, $69.99, and a whopping $139.99, respectively. Are you willing to pay 140 bones to get the true tournament-authentic control experience? To be fair, that kind of quality hardware doesn't come cheap, and nobody wants a flimsy joystick.

While we're on the subject, Capcom put out some new screenshots and artwork of Cammy as featured in SFIV. She is, of course, part of the generously large new roster being added to the home versions of the game. Look at those gams!

Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Brad
    I thought I'd take a break from getting completely destroyed in SFII HD Remix ranked matches to post some tantalizing tidbits on the next Street Fighter release (you know, Four). For starters, MadCatz has taken the wraps off the hard technical specs of its officially-sanctioned-by-Capcom official Street Fighter IV-branded fighting sticks (both of 'em) and regular gamepad. Kotaku summarized the pertinent details, so let's link to them.

The Street Fighter IV FightPad for the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 includes an enlarged circular eight-way floating D-Pad and arcade style six-button configuration. An integrated D-Pad switch allows gamers to alternate between D-Pad and Analog Sticks. The Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick for the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 includes dual-speed Turbo functionality for each of the eight buttons complete with LED Indicators, and an integrated D-Pad switch. The start and select/back Buttons have been moved to the rear of the stick, which also includes a top panel that can hold character cards which show each character's special moves. The Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick: Tournament Edition for the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 uses the same Japanese style ball-handled joystick and 30mm Action Buttons found in the official Street Fighter IV Vewlix arcade cabinet. The stick also has the D-Pad control switch, dual Turbo functionality for each button, and exact button layout matching the Vewlix Street Fighter IV arcade panel.

Full press release is here. UPDATE: All the sticks! (And pads.)

You know, I'd like to think such finely crafted input devices will help increase my win record online. I'd like to think that. A previous Kotaku report puts these peripherals at $39.99, $69.99, and a whopping $139.99, respectively. Are you willing to pay 140 bones to get the true tournament-authentic control experience? To be fair, that kind of quality hardware doesn't come cheap, and nobody wants a flimsy joystick.

While we're on the subject, Capcom put out some new screenshots and artwork of Cammy as featured in SFIV. She is, of course, part of the generously large new roster being added to the home versions of the game. Look at those gams!

dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By dudacles

For a minute there, I thought she wasn't wearing any pants.

shorap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By shorap

Cammy, the original owner of an ass that just won't quit.

musdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By musdy

Is this gonna be ongoing till release??

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By RHCPfan24

That regular joystick looks inticing....

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks
    sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#7  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I'm stoked for this.  Do I dare say it?  I dare, I dare.  I'm super-stoked for this.

Logan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Logan

Just a note on the pricing. I have checked EBGames and Amazon and they both list the PS3 Fightstick at $69.99 but the 360 Fightstick at $79.99.

StressedOutCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By StressedOutCat

$139.99 for Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick: Tournament Edition ?
    I remember buying My Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 for $85.95 and I bet they are just not good.... no probably better than these Mad Catz ones

NateDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By NateDogg

I'd like to know how these sticks compare to the Hori ones coming out in February as well.. Because i was eye'ing at those ones originally and I'm not a huge Madcatz fan.

Im willing to drop around $100 on quality sticks though.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Linkyshinks
    StressedOutCat said:
    "$139.99 for Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick: Tournament Edition ?
    I remember buying My Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 for $85.95 and I bet they are just not good.... no probably better than these Mad Catz ones
    "

They are using Vewlix components so it's not a issue really.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrKlorox

It all depends on how forward-compatible with the next home consoles the arcade sticks will be. Unless all future fighting games are also coming out on PC, in which case the 360 stick should be usable for a decade. I was never that good at fighting games, so I never really developed a love for them; and without that love there is no way I can justify spending that much on a genre-specific controller, regardless of quality.

Ironphist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ironphist

I think it was probably a price mistake or something, but Barnes and Noble had the FightStick: Tournament Edition up for pre-order at $39.99. I don't actually assume I'll be able to get it, but here's hoping.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Geno

I want to see Zangief grope her in 3D.

dtran1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By dtran1212

heck, i don't think i'll get the game let alone this expensive shit

yagami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By yagami

Pre-ordered my Street Fighter IV FightStick Tournament Edition for about a week ago. Normally this is nothing I would do, but now I've decided to start playing competitively, and when it comes to such things, only the best is good enough.

Great post Brad!

Avatar image for platypusplatoon
    PlatypusPlatoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PlatypusPlatoon

Is it just me, or have Cammy's once-svelte thighs ballooned to Chun Li-like proportions?

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By Kazona

I really don't like Cammy's look

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By sweep  Moderator

This sucks because I hate Cammy but Oni will be pleased...

I'm just stoked that T.Hawk isnt in the roster.

Lingxor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lingxor

If I wasn't just laid off I would so get the tournament stick x2.

ferrarimanf355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By ferrarimanf355

I preordered the Tournament Edition stick. It'll be so awesome. :D

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Media_Master

NIce shots

coonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By coonce
    i cannot wait for this game! at the same time, $60 for a game and another $140 for a proper stick is quite a bit to drop on an experience....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.