#2 Edited by Ducksworth (659 posts) -
#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (36067 posts) -

Street Fighter X Mega Man canceled.

#4 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Whoa.

#5 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11488 posts) -

Well this seems fantastic.

#6 Posted by Icemo (642 posts) -

Awesome! And it's free too! Double awesome!

#7 Posted by believer258 (11668 posts) -

Whoa, whoa, whoa... the only company whose name and "free" are farther apart than Capcom is EA. There's got to be some sort of ulterior motivation behind this...

...not that I'm complaining, I'm going to get it anyway.

#8 Posted by MocBucket62 (1159 posts) -

Is this for real? Damn I want this now!

#9 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

That is adorable and wonderful.

#10 Posted by GorillaMoPena (1945 posts) -

@believer258 said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa... the only company whose name and "free" are farther apart than Capcom is EA. There's got to be some sort of ulterior motivation behind this...

Don't tell them I would have paid for this.

#11 Posted by GunstarRed (5040 posts) -

Heh brilliant. I'm sure someone will find a way to be negative about it.

#12 Posted by StarvingGamer (8028 posts) -

GotY?

#13 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@TwoArmed said:

This was already a free fan game, so it's not like they actually had to do any work to toss this out under their own name.

okay now this makes much more sense

#14 Posted by Hailinel (23942 posts) -

I, what?

WHAT?

Holy shit, this is awesome.

#15 Posted by Ducksworth (659 posts) -

I wonder if the Mega Man music they were playing at the VGA's yesterday had an relevance to this. I really wish they would try to reinvent Mega Man in a better way instead of resting on the design of the NES games but knowing Capcom that could end up horribly. I'm not complaining though, I thought the blue bomber was being taken to the pasture outback, I wasn't expecting anything worthwhile for quite some time *sniff* it's good to see him back.

#16 Posted by Phatmac (5722 posts) -

Yay! :)

#17 Posted by sodacat (214 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Stream monster

I knew something megaman related was coming because of the wily theme at the VGAs. And hey, if it's still as bland as MM10, then at least it's free.

#18 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

@believer258 said:

Yeah, I expect either ads support to make it free or, the game would be equivalant to a nice flash/java game that just plays to the fan base for a couple days of fun. Still, you can't beat free.

#19 Posted by BoG (5185 posts) -

Ok. So this is the coolest thing ever. EVER. My dreams have come true. I feel like this is the culmination of all things good in this world. A Mega Man game where I battle Street Fighter characters.

Capcom, I LOVE YOU.

#20 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

It's free, so that's good! 

#21 Posted by Landon (4130 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

And it's the fans fault because they didn't want it bad enough.

#22 Posted by Slag (4044 posts) -

HELL YEAH

#23 Posted by Daneian (1208 posts) -

Fuuuuckkkk yeeesssss

#24 Posted by kishinfoulux (2256 posts) -

I didn't ask for this.

#25 Posted by DeathbyYeti (742 posts) -

I am praying for Zangief and Bison!

#26 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2313 posts) -

That looks great. Hopefully Capcom does something like this for the X series.

#27 Posted by dudeglove (7688 posts) -

...wat.

#28 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (954 posts) -

Neat idea and good that it's still going to be free, but I was super let down that Capcom pretty much hyped up a "secret announcement" that turned out to be "hey remember this fan project that has been in development for forever? It's done and we're hosting the download on our website!"

I was expecting more Darkstalkers information. :(

#29 Posted by Blimble (302 posts) -

I guess it's cool but I'm over the whole "It's megaman but like when you were a kid" even if they are trying to through in some more nostalgia. Though and I'm glad megaman isn't just getting that crappy ios game for his 25th and the game should turn out good.

Wish they would actually start work on a proper new megaman game though and actually finish it

#30 Posted by Mezmero (1806 posts) -

Oh man, that's crazy awesome. The music alone has got me hankering to play this game. I love all those classic Mega Man games even though I've never been great at them. The password screen music gets me a bit choked up whenever I hear it. Good times.

#31 Posted by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -

Neat! Good thing it's free, too.

#32 Posted by ProfessorK (819 posts) -

I'm pretty sure its free because its an update to this fan game. CC Asia talks to one of the guys involved a little over a year ago.

Shame that SEGA couldn't embrace SoRR the same way.

#33 Posted by FateOfNever (1814 posts) -

This has to be some sort of sick joke by Capcom, right? With their total mistreatment of MegaMan over the last year or so, this seems too awesome to be true.

#34 Posted by ShrimpDino (97 posts) -

This looks awesome :D

#35 Posted by Wampa1 (627 posts) -

@ProfessorK: Why they didn't just hire those guys and sell it for $10 is totally beyond me, it was like free money.

#36 Edited by Ett (184 posts) -

@ProfessorK:

Yes it is capcom liked so much that they help him make it.

#37 Posted by Levio (1784 posts) -

@GunstarRed said:

It's a fan-made game and they are giving zero credit to its real developers in the trailer. That's pretty rude.

#38 Posted by yoshisaur (2664 posts) -

If this is legit that will be a pretty cool move by me.

#39 Posted by Ett (184 posts) -

@Levio:

They flew him to SF from Singapore for the announcement and he was there on stage.

#40 Posted by churrific (475 posts) -

@Levio said:

@GunstarRed said:

It's a fan-made game and they are giving zero credit to its real developers in the trailer. That's pretty rude.

They did announce it side-by-side with the developer in person on the stream.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.