Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter X Tekken

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

The two leaders in the fighting game genre collide in this ultimate tag-team mash-up. Will you cross the line?

2 player Street Fighter X Tekken co-op mode on Xbox 360

Ett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Ett

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/mar/06/2-player-street-fighter-x-tekken-co-op-mode-xbox-360-wont-be-fixed-problem-microsofts-end/

Bad news for people hoping to play the 2 player co-op mode in Street Fighter X Tekken with an in-person friend against others online on the Xbox 360, as Capcom USA vice president, Christian Svensson, recently explained the situation.

Will 2 player local co-op on Xbox Live be patched in for the 360 version of Street Fighter X Tekken? — Weegee

Svensson: It will not be patched and apologies for the manual inclusion. Seems it was an oversight. The difference has to do with how Xbox Live differs from how it handles online and offline accounts.

According to the team:

"PS3 version: It is possible to mix and match online and offline players for scramble battles and pair play battles. Two local players can play on the same PS3 using 1 PSN ID, and play against other players online.

360 version: It is NOT possible to mix and match online and offline players for scramble battles and pair play battles. So you either have to have all players be offline and local (so 4 players, 1 Xbox) or have all the players be online (4 players, 4 Xboxes)."

The reason for this difference is because of the architecture differences between gamertags and PSN IDs. I’m not sure of the technical details, but basically it amounts to: Sony made it so you can mix and match online and offline, and Microsoft made it so you can’t.

Utter bullshit answer from Capcom. but you should know before buying it. that its not in the game well not the 360 version.

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By SteamPunkJin

It makes sense. It's the same deal w/ Gears of War 3 - you can have two people playing online Local but they both need their own Gold Account. It boils down to preventing Silver people from being able to piggy back on a friend with Gold for Online play/Achievements.

Edit: It's not Capcom's or Sony's fault, 100% Microsoft.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Jeffsekai

Just let people use the Guest account, like in Halo.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By iamjohn

@SteamPunkJin said:

It makes sense. It's the same deal w/ Gears of War 3 - you can have two people playing online Local but they both need their own Gold Account. It boils down to preventing Silver people from being able to piggy back on a friend with Gold for Online play/Achievements.

That's simply not true. There are a ton of 360 games where a second player can sign in and play online locally under a guest account. Whenever you're playing someone on Live and see a person with a (1) next to their Gamertag, that's a Guest account. Off the top of my head, all the Call of Duties, all the Halos, all the Gears of Wars (in competitive, at least), a ton of Arcade titles and way more games than I can think of right now use that very system. Capcom is lying.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By myke_tuna
    @iAmJohn said:

@SteamPunkJin said:

That's simply not true. There are a ton of 360 games where a second player can sign in and play online locally under a guest account. Whenever you're playing someone on Live and see a person with a (1) next to their Gamertag, that's a Guest account. Off the top of my head, all the Call of Duties, all the Halos, all the Gears of Wars (in competitive, at least), a ton of Arcade titles and way more games than I can think of right now use that very system. Capcom is lying.

And being lazy, too. I don't usually call developers lazy, but considering what you said is true (my younger brother and I played all of those games you listed) they just didn't want to include it into the final game. Or didn't have time. In fact, they could have just said that and it'd be better.
    SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By SteamPunkJin

@myketuna said:

@iAmJohn said:

@SteamPunkJin said:

And being lazy, too. I don't usually call developers lazy, but considering what you said is true (my younger brother and I played all of those games you listed) they just didn't want to include it into the final game. Or didn't have time. In fact, they could have just said that and it'd be better.

Yes, historically you could do that. But that doesn't change the fact that it has been removed as a feature from some more recent games. Gears of War 3 was the first game I heard of them doing that with, and now SF X TK.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By iamjohn

@SteamPunkJin: And yet Modern Warfare 3 has it, so how is it a Microsoft problem when they obviously still support the feature?

MOA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.