By what month do you think SF X Tekken will be around 40.00 ?

#1 Posted by AnnouncerGXZ (702 posts) -

By what month do you think SF X Tekken will be around 40.00 globally but mainly amazon

i want it like crazy but i aint dropping 60 precious dough on 1 single game.

#2 Posted by Benny (1953 posts) -

Do you buy any games new? :/

I'd give it til the end of April. Maybe the end of march for a used one though it probably has some online pass that might offset that.

#3 Posted by AnnouncerGXZ (702 posts) -

i usually buy used games but sf x tekken is exceptional as im a huge fan of sf. i want the box to be super smooth and clean so i can display it on shelf. all other games like fps i buy it used. i just bought killzone 3 used for like 13 dollar.

when i think of 60 dollar i can get like 3, 4 used games with it makes me dont want to get sf x tekken for 60. im not buying sf x tekken used , i want it new for 40 dollar. end of april dont seems quite long. i can play killzone 3 to kill time till then. oh i still play ssf4 in fact more then i play killzone 3. but damn everytime i see sf x tekken video makes me want it now!

#4 Posted by SamStrife (1286 posts) -

I guess you could always wait a year or so and get the Super Edition for $40 new. There's no guarantee they will release a Super version but come on, this is Capcom we're talking about.

#5 Posted by BRich (437 posts) -

Its probably already been $40 with the rate of game price depreciation lately.

#6 Posted by VierasTalo (870 posts) -

@AnnouncerGXZ said:

i just bought killzone 3 used for like 13 dollar.

Sorry for being all off-topicy, but damn that game is expensive in the US. It's been 5 euros brand new in Finland for half a year now I think.

#7 Posted by AnnouncerGXZ (702 posts) -

@SamStrife said:

I guess you could always wait a year or so and get the Super Edition for $40 new. There's no guarantee they will release a Super version but come on, this is Capcom we're talking about.

i heard they say capcom wont be making newer versions for sf x tekken.

#8 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

@Benny said:

Do you buy any games new? :/

I'd give it til the end of April. Maybe the end of march for a used one though it probably has some online pass that might offset that.

No online pass. I have it rented right now, and though I didn't find a match when I searched online, it did allow me to haha

#9 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

They said they aren't going to a do a boxed super version, if they do release super they say it will be a DLC pack.

I suggest you steer clear of the special edition, biggest fucking waste of money I've ever spent. That arcade cabinet is a raging piece of shit that bumps up the price. I only wanted the gems :(

#10 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6201 posts) -

Summer season.

I personally believe there be a Game of the Year edition with all downloadable characters in the future.

#11 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@SamStrife: You mean when Namco release Tekken X Street Fighter with a superior fighting engine and no bullshit DLC.

#12 Edited by Zidd (1852 posts) -

I was going to wait but I figured all of the people around my skill level (sorta bad) will have gotten stomped enough times to quit playing it online so I benefit from buying it early.

#13 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

CheapAssGamer is your best bet, they keep up with multiple outlets and there weekly deals...you can check there weekly for the new deals from various retail stores and stuff.

#14 Posted by Juicebox (485 posts) -

2 months when the Ultimate edition is released at 40$ then a month after the ultimate edition will be priced at 30$

#15 Posted by BlatantNinja23 (930 posts) -

wouldn't be too surprised if some site has it for $40 for a couple days in April or March already

#16 Edited by cloudyimpulse (225 posts) -

I'd seriously give it only a month before Fry's Electronics does a one week promotion for $39.99. They do that a lot here in Southern California for new releases.

#17 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

Best Buy is having this game at 49.99 starting today lasting till the 31st.

#18 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4665 posts) -

My prediction: Amazon will have it on sale for $40 at most within the next month at the longest.

#19 Posted by Shun_Akiyama (490 posts) -

whenever the vita one comes out.

#20 Posted by Wikitoups (851 posts) -

Just got a used copy today 34.99 at ebgames in Canada so check around and see

#21 Posted by Solh0und (1804 posts) -

I would say around june. It usually takes a few months before 39.99 price drops to happen.

#22 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

I haven't seen an ad or anything for this, but I promise I saw SFxT at Walmart for 39.99 today! You might want to check it out and see if your local walmart is having the same deal, or call them up.

#23 Edited by drac96 (673 posts) -

It had been $40 as of release. Newegg had a sale.

As for what Bestostero said it was $40 dollars at my Walmart yesterday as well. I've seen people claiming that it was still full priced at theirs though. Calling would be best.

#24 Posted by pantzing_nome (583 posts) -

I just saw an add at Eb Games saying it will be $40 for the week.

#25 Posted by DeathbyYeti (755 posts) -

i wish i didnt buy this game for 60

i wish i didnt buy it at all really

#26 Posted by Kokoro (156 posts) -

Amazing how some of these games go on sale so quickly. I got it for $70 on release day, since I bought the Special Edition.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.