Hey the online works now!

#1 Posted by bighat_logan (182 posts) -

I've been play Street fighter X Tekken for like a week now and really like it. but super bummed that the online is broken. I turned it on today and there was a new patch and now it works a million times better. The sound glitch is gone and it seems A LOT faster. I actually think it might be my new favorite fighting game.

#2 Posted by Legend (2661 posts) -

It's about time they fixed the stupid sound glitch. What the hell were they thinking shipping the game without fixing something like that?

#3 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -

@Legend said:

It's about time they fixed the stupid sound glitch. What the hell were they thinking shipping the game without fixing something like that?

Yup pretty bad. I'll probably stick with it as I think it's a good game but I bet they've lost a bunch of people because of the online issues.

#4 Posted by Solh0und (1849 posts) -

@mubress said:

@Legend said:

Yup pretty bad. I'll probably stick with it as I think it's a good game but I bet they've lost a bunch of people because of the online issues.

My words exactly.

#5 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

Too bad I gave up on the game and sold it already, good to hear it's fixed though.

#6 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7184 posts) -

@mubress said:

@Legend said:

Most fighting games have launch issues, I don't see why people would give up on SF x T so soon.

#7 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba said:

@mubress said:

@Legend said:

Most fighting games have launch issues, I don't see why people would give up on SF x T so soon.

I hope that people do give it a chance because it's got a lot of good things going for it, but it's taken them over a month to sort out the online and that's more than long enough for people to move on from this game.

#8 Posted by JJOR64 (19065 posts) -

Now if only the online could have fixed all the timeouts. #Kappa

#9 Posted by TechHits (1391 posts) -

@JJOR64: well they are patching in a 20 sec Pandora so maybe that will do the trick.

#10 Posted by bighat_logan (182 posts) -
@TechHits said:

@JJOR64: well they are patching in a 20 sec Pandora so maybe that will do the trick.

Who the hell even uses pandora?
#11 Posted by TechHits (1391 posts) -

@bighat_logan said:

@TechHits said:

no one that's why they are patching it....

#12 Posted by StarvingGamer (8551 posts) -
@TechHits

@bighat_logan said:

@TechHits said:

no one that's why they are patching it....

IIRC.the 20 second Pandora is a gem so it won't be universal.
#13 Posted by Bestostero (2750 posts) -

I used Pandora...only to get the trophy of course...lol

#14 Posted by TechHits (1391 posts) -

@StarvingGamer: I see I wonder how that would work, who would equip the gem? Would it be the person who gets the pandora, or the person who dies to activate it?

#15 Posted by trindermon (38 posts) -

Glad they have fixed the game from a online point of view, i will start playing now as the single player in fighting games bores me i prefer live oponents, id also like to hook up for some proper 2v2 where we have 4 seperate folks playing at the same time.

#16 Posted by StarvingGamer (8551 posts) -
@TechHits Probably the character that enters Pandora mode. If it was equipped to the sacrificed character the character getting the 20 second Pandora would still be able to equip and benefit from 3 other gems.
#17 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

SFxT is ass. More news at 11 #Kappa

#18 Posted by Heartagram (1183 posts) -

I enjoy the online a lot in this game. I very rarely play with game sound turned on myself so the sound issues didnt really bother me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.