Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter X Tekken

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

The two leaders in the fighting game genre collide in this ultimate tag-team mash-up. Will you cross the line?

Kazuya combos

JRizzo101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By JRizzo101

Here is a short combo video I came up with. there isn't too much out there in this regard that I have seen, so I decided to make something. I tried to make as many practical combos as I could so take what you want out of it. If you can add anything to these tell me about it I would love to know as I think a lot of people are still learning this game including me.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By lordofultima
    • whatever into: slaughter hook, cr. mp, cr. hp > dragon upper middle kick
    • whatever into: slaughter hook, cr. hp > ex slaughter hook, cr. hp > spinning demon hook
    • whatever into: EWGF, st. hp > EWGF, st.hp > EWGF, EWGF

Those are the most optimized combos for Kazuya, without using switch cancels or super.

The whatever can be raw st. hp / cr. hp, or a damaging link like cr. mp, cr. hp, or 2-3 cr. lk's.

JRizzo101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JRizzo101

@lordofultima: Thanks for the info definitely gonna try those out.

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By wunder_

You should check out Lordofultima's videos, he did a really awesome one on Electric God Wind Fist recently.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By TechHits

@lordofultima said:

The whatever can be raw st. hp / cr. hp, or a damaging link like cr. mp, cr. hp, or 2-3 cr. lk's.

I thought you couldn't link a non ex special move off the start of a chain combo, or am I totally wrong?

JRizzo101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JRizzo101

@TechHits: That isn't a chain it's a link.

JRizzo101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JRizzo101

@Wunder_: Yeah I'm subscribed to his channel and I watched the video and it was very informative.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#8  Edited By StarvingGamer

@TechHits: Chain combos cannot be canceled into a non EX special move, but you don't have to chain cr.MP cr.HP. You can link them instead, where you wait for the cr.MP animation to end completely before pressing cr.HP.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TechHits

@StarvingGamer: interesting, I didn't know that you could choose not to chain L into M, or M into H. Now I need to back into training mode and try some stuff.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By lordofultima

@TechHits said:

@StarvingGamer: interesting, I didn't know that you could choose not to chain L into M, or M into H. Now I need to back into training mode and try some stuff.

Yeah Kazuya has such good links, that it makes him the most Street Fighter-like Tekken character there is. His links are so good that I don't need to know the tekken strings (other than the high/low ones)

Also, forgot to add...In the corner, whatever > Slaughter Hook, cr. hp > ex Slaughter Hook, cr. hp > Devastator will do slightly more damage for 1 bar than the spinning demon follow-up. Only works in the corner.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Sooty

cr. mp x2 > cr.mk > lk command spin kick thing is so fucking good on block.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @TechHits

Keep in mind that it's character specific based on their animation frames. For example, when Kazuya hits with his cr.MP he recovers from his attack animation 9 frames before the opponent recovers from their hit-stun animation. Since his cr.HP takes 6 frames to start up, you can combo it after the end of a cr.MP.

However, his cr.MK only gives him an animation advantage of 3 frames which means he cannot link it with his cr.HK which takes 6 frames to start up. If you want those two attacks to combo you would have to chain them together.
    TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TechHits

@StarvingGamer: Interesting, did you get all the frame data from the guide?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By StarvingGamer

@TechHits: Yep. Forget about everything else in the guide. For a combo-smith like myself just having the frame data on hand at all times was worth the cost.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.