little issue just wondering

#1 Posted by darkvare (777 posts) -

so i got the game and i love it, but i have a small and probably weird issue it has nothing to do with gameplay or the way the dlc works. It's the instruction booklet, it stinks in the most literal sense of the word, i actually read the booklets and when i started reading this one i noticed the smell, seriously and i'm not the kind of person that goes around sniffing stuff it's just weird how much it stinks anyone elses booklet stinks?

#2 Posted by Xeiphyer (5608 posts) -

Not particularly, but they ARE made in China, so they always smell a little funky.

I think I know what you mean though, I can't remember the game anymore, but I had an instruction booklet that absolutely stank, it was disgusting and filled the whole car up with gross smells. No idea how it happens, but you should probably not eat it.

#3 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

At least it's in colour and there actually is a manual.

#4 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

well...i took a waft of the booklet and it didn't smell any different than other instruction manuals... lol

i actually like this handbook, i think it gives way more helpful information than most plus it is colored!

#5 Posted by Hailinel (25203 posts) -

I think the smell you're referring to is just the smell of freshly printed pages.

#6 Posted by darkvare (777 posts) -

i bought a lot of new games and this booklet is the only one with this particular smell

#7 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

The paper gloss is likely toxic.

#8 Posted by MikkaQ (10331 posts) -

A disgruntled factory worker well.... let's say he had a bad day.

#9 Posted by redrohX (48 posts) -

Funny, mine is in black and white. I have the European edition of the game for 360. I can't remember anything about the smell, but I guess they just used some cheap ass toxic ink to print it in China. ;-)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.