Mega Man and Pac Man will be FREE week one DLC for PS3

#1 Posted by StarvingGamer (7918 posts) -

For those of you looking forward to playing as fat, old Mega Man and a Mokujin riding Pac Man on PS3, you're going to have to wait for a week after the game comes out. On the bright side, both characters are going to be free so don't forget to log onto PSN and download them.

In the meantime, here are a few great informational videos to help get you salivating.

#2 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10370 posts) -

That seems odd, but whatever. Who wants to bet that they wind up being DLC for the 360 version at some point too? (Paid or otherwise).

#3 Posted by jjnen (660 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan: You mean against or for it? 1 million Brad Bucks for the DLC appearing in six months or whenever the ultimate edition hits the shelves.

#4 Posted by TechHits (1365 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan: It seems odd that they are exclusive in the first place, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. In fact I hope they are so we would see them in tournaments.

#5 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10370 posts) -

@Rappelsiini said:

@MooseyMcMan: You mean against or for it? 1 million Brad Bucks for the DLC appearing in six months or whenever the ultimate edition hits the shelves.

I meant for it. But you've already covered that bet, and I'm a few hundo thou BB short for a bet like that.

#6 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

this is odd...i thought they would be day 1 dlc, but free is free, and least we'll get it at all!

#7 Posted by Turambar (6640 posts) -

Why is Nick Cage in those videos.

#8 Posted by StarvingGamer (7918 posts) -
@Turambar Why is Nick Cage in anything nowadays? He needs the paycheck.
#9 Posted by Hailinel (23680 posts) -

@StarvingGamer said:

@Turambar Why is Nick Cage in anything nowadays? He needs the paycheck.

Those terrible real estate deals certainly won't pay for themselves.

Meanwhile, I shall ponder who would be a better Poison teammate, Pac-Man, or Mega Man.

#10 Posted by RE_Player1 (7545 posts) -

Kuro and Toro are on the disc day 1 correct? It's weird because I'm actually looking forward to using these exclusive characters, especially Cole cause I love inFamous, instead of hating the mere idea of exclusive characters. Kratos in MK was such a good fit, and in my opinion a fun character to play, that I'm actually accepting of exclusive/guest characters.

#11 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

@msavo: yeah, the cats are in the disc and ready to go, saw people stream them who got the game early...

not a fan of guest characters, but sometimes they work... though most of the time not so much imo

#12 Posted by RE_Player1 (7545 posts) -

@Bestostero: I think Soul Calibur soured me on guest characters so much I became hesitant about the very thought but after seeing them done right a couple times I'm more accepting.

#13 Posted by Dalai (6980 posts) -

Capcom can use bad box art Mega Man, but why not bad box art Pac-Man? 

Buckteeth and all.
#14 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

@msavo: yeah SC guest characters are bad...Link? Star Wars? Kratos? Kratos was passable in MK but i still didnt care for him...definitely better than Freddy though, i hated the addition of Freddy... I'm on the fence with Ezio, I'm not a fan but i think he's passable.

#15 Posted by Solh0und (1753 posts) -

Eh, it's whatever.

As long as we aren't getting charged, that's cool with me.

#16 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

@Solh0und: and that's why i passed on Freddy in MK, lol...free is free i guess

#17 Posted by LegendaryChopChop (1169 posts) -

It's probably like this so they can charge for it at a later date. Pretty stupid to do this, but whatever, I just want to play it ASAP.

#18 Posted by Soulblitz (349 posts) -

@Dalai said:

Capcom can use bad box art Mega Man, but why not bad box art Pac-Man?

Buckteeth and all.

Haha, that would have been amazing.

#19 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11419 posts) -

Hackers did discover that Megaman and Pac Man are on the 360 disk. So we can expect to see them at some point... perhaps around the same time as the other 12 DLC characters on the disk.

#20 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

countdown begins... i havent seen this available yet but i hope its soon!

#21 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

It's out!!! FINALLY! go download and play now!!!! Megaman and Pacman!

#22 Posted by WebOfSomething (51 posts) -

Does Capcom even have testers?

#23 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

@WebOfSomething: omg that's hilarious lol

#24 Posted by Hailinel (23680 posts) -

Both Mega Man and Pac-Man are pretty fun, though I don't see myself using either particularly often. I ran through arcade mode with both of them and they feel pretty good from a cursory glance, though. Also, I'm a little sad that the prank version of Mega Man's ending isn't his actual ending.

#25 Posted by StarvingGamer (7918 posts) -

Has anyone tried Pac-Man's trials yet? Trial... 18 I think...? Is fucking impossible. Even if MK to cr.MP is a one-frame link, it should not be this hard to pull off. I successfully completed all 20 trials for the other 12ish characters I've played so far without any great difficulty. I'm stumped with Pac-Man.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.