New Cinematic Trailer. (Hugo, Guy and Cody)

#1 Edited by WebOfSomething (51 posts) -

A hint at Sodom?
Also, IGN posted what appears to be the games comeback mechanic
#2 Posted by Brake (1087 posts) -

Oh snap, I'm so glad Cody made it. He's my current main in AE.

Also, that four dudes fighting at once looks bananas. I wonder how it works.

#3 Posted by Hailinel (23677 posts) -

This cinematic doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Dan was in the debut trailer, and from what I understand has been confirmed to not be playable.

#4 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Hailinel said:

Dan was in the debut trailer, and from what I understand has been confirmed to not be playable.

Am I the only one who noticed Mike hagger? 
#5 Posted by Hailinel (23677 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Hailinel said:

Nope. But still, an appearance in a trailer like this doesn't confirm existence as a playable character.

#6 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Hailinel said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Hailinel said:

Nope. But still, an appearance in a trailer like this doesn't confirm existence as a playable character.

But..I thought if you slammed Hagger the world would implode. 
#7 Posted by Brake (1087 posts) -

@Hailinel: Cody and Guy appearing after New Challenger text and then not making the game would be a pretty huge troll. I mean, I wouldn't put it past them, but still...

#8 Posted by Yummylee (21204 posts) -

I think that at least assures Hugo to be in it then. The four fighters at once also does look pretty ridiculous, but then clearly that's what the entire VS series is about. Still looking more accessible than the insanity fueled MvC series at least.

#9 Edited by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -

i don't think Haggar is in but pretty sure Hugo, Cody and Guy are, pretty pointless adding a new challenger sign when introducing them if there not infact new challengers

much prefer Haggar than Cody and Guy he is after all the mayor of the universe

#10 Edited by lockon_one (93 posts) -

good thing that hugo, cody and esp. guy are there.  
theres also mbison's shadowloo logo in that vid according to srk. though it might be just an easter egg

#11 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -
@Hailinel said:

Eh? I don't remember seeing Dan in any SF X Tekken trailers.
#12 Posted by Hailinel (23677 posts) -

@EvilTwin said:

@Hailinel said:

Eh? I don't remember seeing Dan in any SF X Tekken trailers.

As I said, he's in the very first one.

#13 Posted by Jeffsekai (7025 posts) -

What the fuck is going on with that everyone on screen at once crap./

#14 Posted by Agent47 (1894 posts) -
@Hailinel: They said he only appears in a cutscene.
#15 Posted by Brake (1087 posts) -

Seth Killian talking about the new system here.

Cross Assault in Street Fighter X Tekken

Important Note: This system is still being tweaked, and may change. This is the 3/4 player attack option in Street Fighter X Tekken you've seen in a few videos. It's activated by doing a quarter-circle away and pressing both Medium Attack buttons. Once activated, your Super bar turns into a timer and your teammate runs out on screen to help you attack.

• While the timer is going, both of your teammates are now controlled by you, they're not computer controlled as some people have speculated.

• You have control over one character until you return the joystick to a neutral state, and then control will automatically return to your other player.

• You can do attacks that last a long time with one fighter, return the joystick to a neutral state while the initial character's attacks are still going, get control of your second fighter and setup some wicked damage and reset situations.

• Just like in the Vs. series, both characters can be hit when doing a Cross Assault.

Yep, still sounds bananas.

#16 Posted by Hailinel (23677 posts) -

@ChineseTea said:

Seth Killian talking about the new system here.

Cross Assault in Street Fighter X Tekken

Important Note: This system is still being tweaked, and may change. This is the 3/4 player attack option in Street Fighter X Tekken you've seen in a few videos. It's activated by doing a quarter-circle away and pressing both Medium Attack buttons. Once activated, your Super bar turns into a timer and your teammate runs out on screen to help you attack.

• While the timer is going, both of your teammates are now controlled by you, they're not computer controlled as some people have speculated.

• You have control over one character until you return the joystick to a neutral state, and then control will automatically return to your other player.

• You can do attacks that last a long time with one fighter, return the joystick to a neutral state while the initial character's attacks are still going, get control of your second fighter and setup some wicked damage and reset situations.

• Just like in the Vs. series, both characters can be hit when doing a Cross Assault.

Yep, still sounds bananas.

Sounds unique, as crossover fighting games go.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.