Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter X Tekken

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

The two leaders in the fighting game genre collide in this ultimate tag-team mash-up. Will you cross the line?

No Pac Man or Mega Man for 360 and it's all our fault!

algertman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By algertman
    Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Carryboy

Man that's the kind of crap id expect to read from a deluded fanboy on a forum not a so called professional.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Hailinel

@algertman said:

http://www.destructoid.com/mega-man-and-pac-man-never-coming-to-sfxt-360-231428.phtml

That's what D'toid would like you to believe. How dare you buy a game on the system your friends bought it on so you can all play it together. Oh, you own only one system? What's wrong with you?

The article doesn't suggest it's "our fault" at all for no Mega Man or Pac-Man on the 360 version. We're not the ones that made the business decision to keep the characters exclusive to Sony platforms.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

? Sony bought those characters from Capcom. Big deal. Microsoft bought Splinter Cell Conviction from Ubisoft.

biggiedubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By biggiedubs

The real question should be 'Why the hell would Sony pay money to keep them PS3 exclusive?'

Or perhaps, it should be, 'Who gives a shit?'

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @algertman said:

http://www.destructoid.com/mega-man-and-pac-man-never-coming-to-sfxt-360-231428.phtml

That's what D'toid would like you to believe. How dare you buy a game on the system your friends bought it on so you can all play it together. Oh, you own only one system? What's wrong with you?

Where does it say its our fault? It says Capcom more or less juts wants to sell them as DLC. Also both titles are misleading. He even says that chances are they will be sold later. 
    jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By jeanluc  Staff
    I'm sure that's partially because the 360 has a larger install base in the US than the PS3, but I also think that the lemmings-like attitude of some 360 owners also had something to do with it. If their friends are all getting a game on the 360, then they're getting it on the 360 too, even if it's a worse game on that console. As long as that mentality is so prevalent in gaming culture, developers and publishers are going to continue releasing substandard products without suffering any negative consequences.

This whole paragraph is really weird. Because people buy the game on the same console as their friends, companies will continue to release substandard products? How does that work?!

Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Crixaliz

@JeanLuc: I was confused by that paragraph too.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#9  Edited By Svenzon

I had a hard time understanding the point of that article. Does wanting to play games with my friends turn me into a lemming? I don't think I've ever read anything worthwhile on Destructoid.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Rafaelfc

lemmings-like mentality of 360 users????

as opposed to those ps3 free-thinkers?!?

This guy is just baiting more hits and page views and it's working... boring slow-ass news for a slow-ass day.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Calling people lemmings for wanting to play a fighting game with their friends is pretty hilarious. Stay classy, Destructoid.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By musubi

On one hand everyone here does have a point. Guy is dumb. But on the other hand I've never understood people's obsession with getting the 360 version even if the PS3 version is the better version. Theres been a number of cases where the PS3 version is just BETTER than the 360 version yet everyone still buys it for 360. Can't say I'd ever buy a crappier version of a game just to play with friends.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Bocam

@Demoskinos said:

Theres been a number of cases where the PS3 version is just BETTER than the 360 version yet everyone still buys it for 360. Can't say I'd ever buy a crappier version of a game just to play with friends.

Example?

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By mesoian

@Bocam said:

@Demoskinos said:

Theres been a number of cases where the PS3 version is just BETTER than the 360 version yet everyone still buys it for 360. Can't say I'd ever buy a crappier version of a game just to play with friends.

Example?

Dragons Dogma

DMC4

And really, I expect more from Johnathan Holmes. He's writing the majority of the intelligent articles over at D'Toid, but honestly, blaming capcom's wanton mismanagement with their licences and IP's on the consumers is asinine.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By buft
    I'm sure that's partially because the 360 has a larger install base in the US than the PS3, but I also think that the lemmings-like attitude of some 360 owners also had something to do with it. If their friends are all getting a game on the 360, then they're getting it on the 360 too

Hey if I had friends i'd do it too, right Mr Article writer guy?

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Lunar_Aura

derpstructoid linkbait

DIDN'T CLICK LOL

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By iamjohn

@Demoskinos said:

On one hand everyone here does have a point. Guy is dumb. But on the other hand I've never understood people's obsession with getting the 360 version even if the PS3 version is the better version. Theres been a number of cases where the PS3 version is just BETTER than the 360 version yet everyone still buys it for 360. Can't say I'd ever buy a crappier version of a game just to play with friends.

What about the fact that more people in this country have 360s than PS3s? What about people like me who own a bunch of arcade sticks for 360 and none for PS3? (Not that it matters since I didn't buy SFxT anyway.) People like to play fighting games with their friends and will usually buy the same version their friends do. Surprise?

Not that it matters because it's a point that completely antithetical to the article. If the exclusive characters ultimately didn't matter enough to people to buy the version with them, how are they lemmings for not buying into Capcom and Sony's gambit? How is Capcom not losing out completely since they made these characters exclusive to one platform and now cannot sell them to the majority of people who bought the game? How has Capcom not been "punished" for releasing a substandard product when it's pretty well-known that SFxT sold far worse than MvC3, UMvC3 and all the versions of Street Fighter IV?

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wikitoups
    @Demoskinos

Cause I only have a 360 and I'm not buying a ps3 any time soon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.