Offical Live Stream Threads

#1 Edited by rmanthorp (3876 posts) -
#2 Edited by rmanthorp (3876 posts) -

Stream is finished. However, I have added the interview with tons of gameplay, Ono also says that you can expect to see characters who didn't make it into SSFIV on the SF side so that is exciting!  

Hell yeah Q! 

#3 Edited by Gunder (59 posts) -

According to iplaywinner.com there will be an exhibition tournament streamed at http://www.twitchtv.com/iplaywinner this evening at 5pm pacific time (It started early) as part of the NorCal regionals currently being streamed.

Edit: It's on right now!

#4 Posted by Rmack (1075 posts) -

@Gunder: Thanks dude. I just tuned in and it's apparently coming up next after these AE Teams.

#5 Edited by mubress (1517 posts) -
@Rmack said:

@Gunder: Thanks dude. I just tuned in and it's apparently coming up next after these AE Teams.

Cool, any ideas who's going to play?

EDIT: Nevermind, they just said there's going to be some Tekken guys against some of the SF guys like Wong, Ortiz etc.
#6 Posted by JJOR64 (18911 posts) -

Already a thread for this game?  Nice.

This game looks so sick.

#7 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@JJOR64: Sure does. I'm still enjoying AE unlike a lot of people it seems, but this game looks like it will be a nice change whilst not being too crazy (I'm looking at you MvC3!!!)
#8 Posted by JJOR64 (18911 posts) -
@mubress: I'm still enjoying AE as well.  I really hope they do update SF4 one last time.  Been reading those posts on EventHubs, but I really shouldn't be getting my hopes up.
#9 Posted by Gunder (59 posts) -

Okay it's started early. Watch it here right now!

#10 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Looks like good fun, I'm sure the Capcom version will be great but I don't trust the Namco, Tekken X Street Fighter version to be any good as I hate how Tekken plays now.

Had the IPW stream on for a few hours in the background, the MK tourney was mind numbingly boring, there was pretty much no hype at all!

#11 Posted by JJOR64 (18911 posts) -
@Ygg said:
  the MK tourney was mind numbingly boring, there was pretty much no hype at all!
That's MK for you.
#12 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
@Ygg said:
  the MK tourney was mind numbingly boring, there was pretty much no hype at all!
That's MK for you.
Yeah I struggle to watch MK as well, haven't played it yet (not sure if I will) but that can't be a good sign can it.  

@JJOR64 said:
@mubress: I'm still enjoying AE as well.  I really hope they do update SF4 one last time.  Been reading those posts on EventHubs, but I really shouldn't be getting my hopes up.
Yeah I'm hopeful too, I guess if they think enough people want it they won't pass up a chance to make some money.
#13 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

@Ygg said:

Had the IPW stream on for a few hours in the background, the MK tourney was mind numbingly boring, there was pretty much no hype at all!

Tournaments held in the morning after a night of heavy drinking are hard to gather excitement. Any other game would have been the same.

#14 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I used to love MK but I was younger then and the main appeal was the gore but now I'm past that, fatalities are cool at first but once you've seen them all you're just not gonna bother performing them.

Back to the subject of Tekken though I do like the touches Capcom have brought in from that series, like the fast paced K.O. notification and how it zooms in when people get thrown. Think Tekken has some damn cool characters too, just not been a fan of playing the Namco games since Tekken 3 / Tag.

The particle effects in SvT look freaking great too!

#15 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

Damage seems like it should be a bit higher, I know no one knows the game but if the damage output looks like this when the game comes out matches are gonna take a while, could be CvS2 all over again.

For the most part it seems solid so far, if theres no ultra/x-factor/rage/similar bullshit I'm immediately sold.

#16 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@ricetopher said:

For the most part it seems solid so far, if theres no ultra/x-factor/rage/similar bullshit I'm immediately sold.

Hehe yeah, agreed.

As for the damage I guess it could still change but It's probably more down to people not knowing any big combos yet.
#17 Edited by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

The only big thing that worries me as I watch this is it seems incredibly offensive based, kind of a bummer if theres no room to play lame in SFxT.

Hwoarang looks pretty good, now just announce E. Honda please Capcom.

EDIT: LOL HAPPY BIRTHDAYS ARE BACK

#18 Posted by yates (378 posts) -

This game looks stupid. Can't wait!

#19 Posted by rmanthorp (3876 posts) -

Man I missed it?! Gutted will have to catch it archived. Yeah I am super super hyped for this game it looks like it is going to meat SF4 and MVC3 right in the middle!

#20 Posted by Belonpopo (1823 posts) -

Looks crazy.

#21 Posted by FLStyle (4582 posts) -
#22 Posted by Jimi (1126 posts) -
#23 Posted by 617_jbug (343 posts) -

Finger Cramp is going to stream SF X T this weekend featuring top NYC players like Sabin, Yipes, Chris G, Aquasilk, Jago and NYC Fab

Also WNF next week will also have SF X T but I don't know if they are going to stream it (probably will).

#26 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
#27 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

they are really pushing this esports nonsense...lol

#28 Posted by JJOR64 (18911 posts) -

@Bestostero said:

WNF is featuring Street Fighter x Tekken it seems like...almost starting

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive

It's show time!

@Bestostero said:

they are really pushing this esports nonsense...lol

Gotta make money some how. #eeeeeeeeeeeeSports.

#29 Posted by JJOR64 (18911 posts) -

Gems!

#30 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

i dont know which team to cheer for...oh and gems gems GEMS!

#31 Posted by Beer (53 posts) -

This game looks like a lot of fun; can't wait to play it. Heihachi looks brutal as fuck!

#32 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

y u no tag out!?

#33 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
#34 Posted by JJOR64 (18911 posts) -

Scramble Eggs Time!

#35 Posted by Beer (53 posts) -

High quality commentary right here.

#36 Posted by JJOR64 (18911 posts) -

Scramble Mode looks like it would be great fun with a bunch of friends in the same room.

#37 Posted by JJOR64 (18911 posts) -

#DansGame

#38 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

scramble mode does seem fun...singles tournament should be really good...but i got to go to sleep boo...

#39 Posted by ADarkMatter (138 posts) -

the chat on that place is so distracting

#40 Edited by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
#41 Edited by JJOR64 (18911 posts) -

I love it that Alex is a super serious coach and Aris doesn't give a fuck at all. Go Team Tekken!

#42 Posted by JJOR64 (18911 posts) -

This is the first time I have seen Aris NOT wearing a black shirt. He is like Vinny.

#43 Posted by FLStyle (4582 posts) -

@Bestostero: @JJOR64: Can we get this money over with?

#44 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
#45 Posted by FLStyle (4582 posts) -
#46 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
#47 Edited by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

nerdjosh oh yeaaa

hahaha everyone picking ryu, that valle effect

#48 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

Sherry Jenix won her match against Bronson!

#49 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

calling foul that team tekken are using street fighter characters , way to represent

#50 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

@SlightConfuse said:

calling foul that team tekken are using street fighter characters , way to represent

I was just gonna say! why is team tekken using street fighter characters...lol

im really disappointed because there are some great tekken characters...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.