Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter X Tekken

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

The two leaders in the fighting game genre collide in this ultimate tag-team mash-up. Will you cross the line?

Pandora Mode

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Bestostero

is anyone actually using Pandora mode?

the only reason i use this is to try and get the pandora activation and pandora victory trophies... this seems pretty meh, i think it's too risky to use, i dont see many benefits with using this and it just doesn't seem worth using... like i said, i only use it for trying to get the trophy and i will only activate it if my opponent is close to death, i can pretty much finish them without pandora mode, but i use it anyways for the count towards trophy...it seems pretty pointless otherwise and more risky than beneficial...

Buttenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 40

#2  Edited By Buttenator

It's not like you're supposed to just throw it out when your health gets low. You combo into it if there's a combo you can do that requires meter you don't have that will kill your opponent.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bestostero

i suppose... but i still think its a lot of unnecessary high risk, unless youre in a bad situation and will probably lose anyways and want to use it as a last chance resort...

i guess what i want to say is that its balls compared to x-factor in umvc3 lol

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BisonHero

It's one of those mechanics that would only be used in fairly specific situations by very advanced players. Sort of how noobs like myself have no reason to be using the combo breaker in Mortal Kombat, because none of my friends know the super ridiculous combos anyways, so it's a waste of meter compared to the other options.

It's a huge risk, but if you know you can activate it and pull off a combo that will finish off your opponent, it'll be worth it.

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
    James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By James_Giant_Peach

Even advanced players are still figuring out its uses, but it certainly does have them. It's not really something you use to finish guys off, or as a comeback mechanic, it's more of a last-ditch effort to win a game you would otherwise certainly lose. Combining Pandora with the Immense Power gem that activates during it gives you a massive strength boost, chain all that into one big combo and you could come back from some real dire situations. Personally I think Pandora is one of the most interesting mechanics in fighting games for quite some time, and I expect players to figure out some really clever ways of using it.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#6  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Bestostero By the end of this week there will be teams with a 50% pandora kill combo that starts with no meter. Or something like that.
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#7  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I imagine that it's basically only useful as a combo finisher if you know you can kill them with it. Otherwise.... not really.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Commisar123

I've not used it yet, but it seems less drastic than X factor, but I'm not sure how I feel about that

bunnypot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By bunnypot

It'll be pretty badass to watch it come out in comp play in a few months :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea641329300b
    deactivated-5ea641329300b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I won using Pandora online. My characters had low health and so were my opponents so I activated it and won with well placed supers

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bestostero

now that i think about it, i say pandora mode is more about skill and tactics and x-factor is more about luck and chance... i think thats what makes umvc3 so random, it does take skill to play but it can be very random...

its harder to be a bad player at this game and still win whereas you can get away with that in umvc3... eh

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.