Questions about the PC version

Avatar image for itbestefyo
#1 Posted by ItBeStefYo (1096 posts) -

I was just wondering if it was a good port job and more importantly, how you play it.

Do people use their keyboard to play it? It just seems strange, Should I hook up my 360 controller or will the others using their keyboard have an advantage over me?

Avatar image for jjor64
#2 Posted by JJOR64 (19642 posts) -

Right now I heard it's busted online. My personal opinion, skip it and get SSF4:AE if you don't have that yet.

Avatar image for ollyoxenfree
#3 Posted by OllyOxenFree (5012 posts) -

Playing a fighter with a keyboard? That'd be... interesting. Watch out at this year's EVO for the Keyboard Warrior!

Avatar image for jjor64
#4 Posted by JJOR64 (19642 posts) -

@OllyOxenFree said:

Playing a fighter with a keyboard? That'd be... interesting. Watch out at this year's EVO for the Keyboard Warrior!

There are a ton of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 players who use keyboards and they are gawtlike.

Avatar image for ollyoxenfree
#5 Posted by OllyOxenFree (5012 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:

@OllyOxenFree said:

Playing a fighter with a keyboard? That'd be... interesting. Watch out at this year's EVO for the Keyboard Warrior!

There are a ton of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 players who use keyboards and they are gawtlike.

MK sure. But Street Fighter players? Show me!
Avatar image for lordofultima
#6 Posted by lordofultima (6572 posts) -

They use an arcade stick. Big shocker.

Avatar image for itbestefyo
#7 Posted by ItBeStefYo (1096 posts) -

@lordofultima: It is a little bit cause those cost a bit. Would I have a chance with just my 360 controller then?

Avatar image for scooper
#8 Posted by Scooper (7920 posts) -

@ItBeStefYo said:

@lordofultima: It is a little bit cause those cost a bit. Would I have a chance with just my 360 controller then?

Yes.

Avatar image for zaglis
#9 Posted by zaglis (912 posts) -
@OllyOxenFree said:
Playing a fighter with a keyboard? That'd be... interesting. Watch out at this year's EVO for the Keyboard Warrior!
Hey, at least he didn't have to play it with a gamepad.
Avatar image for mubress
#10 Posted by mubress (1584 posts) -

@Scooper: He's asking if the average human being can play with a 360 controller though, not a god among men like yourself.

Avatar image for yates
#11 Posted by yates (476 posts) -

@mubress said:

@Scooper: He's asking if the average human being can play with a 360 controller though, not a god among men like yourself.

Don't feed this guys ego please.

Avatar image for kingofclassy
#12 Posted by KingofClassy (71 posts) -

The PC version at the moment is the same as the 360 version unpatched, so the sound issues online exist (that annoys me the most) and there are more problems with lag: even more so when you have more than 1 person on a team. I play both AE and SFxT on a fight pad but I have friends who play keyboard/ps3 pad/ fightstick.

Avatar image for scooper
#13 Posted by Scooper (7920 posts) -

@yates said:

@mubress said:

@Scooper: He's asking if the average human being can play with a 360 controller though, not a god among men like yourself.

Don't feed this guys ego please.

Lol I can only play 1 game.

Avatar image for mubress
#14 Posted by mubress (1584 posts) -

@Scooper said:

@yates said:

@mubress said:

@Scooper: He's asking if the average human being can play with a 360 controller though, not a god among men like yourself.

Don't feed this guys ego please.

Lol I can only play 1 game.

That's because if you played any others the universe would implode.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.