SF x T special edition.

#1 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Anyone getting the special edition? Here is what it comes with -

Street Fighter x Tekken Special Edition contains:

• Street Fighter x Tekken game
  • Build-It-Yourself Arcade Cabinet Bank (approximately 5" high)
  • Exclusive Prequel Comic Book by UDON
  • 45 Gem Power-Ups. Customise your fighting style with these gem packs:
    • World Warrior pack (Attack)
    • Iron Curtain pack (Defense)
    • Lightning Legs pack (Speed)
    • S.E. Exclusive King of Iron Fist pack (Balance)
    • Cross Arts pack (C.Gauge)

Looks pretty good, what do you guys think?

#2 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

I was thinking about getting it, but i'm not interested in the DLC stuff. So i dunno. It's cool, but it relies heavily on the "HEY DUDER! WE GOT GEMS!" factor for me.

#3 Edited by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

@MikeGosot said:

I was thinking about getting it, but i'm not interested in the DLC stuff. So i dunno. It's cool, but it relies heavily on the "HEY DUDER! WE GOT GEMS!" factor for me.

I don't really care about the DLC either, but damn, look at that cabinet!

#4 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:

@MikeGosot said:

I don't really care about the DLC either, but damn, look at that cabinet!

I know! I mean, that was the reason iwas thinking about getting it! But, here in Brazil, the special edition would be too expensive for me, so i don't think a little cabinet would be worth the price. >:
#5 Posted by StarvingGamer (8379 posts) -

Yeah I'm all over this one. I was on the fence but fat old Mega-Man sold me.

#6 Edited by MikeFightNight (1115 posts) -

Gotta get those gems and i'm a sucker for any comic that gives backstory to a fighting game. For only 10 bucks more it might as well be the same price as the regular edition, am I right or am I right?

#7 Posted by StarvingGamer (8379 posts) -

@MikeFightNight: You're left.

#8 Posted by Alexandruxx (228 posts) -

I'm waiting for the updated version with the new characters.

#9 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

I'll get it if the store where I usually order stuff from gets it, if not then I'll just get the regular edition.

#10 Posted by Catarrhal (840 posts) -
@Alexandruxx said:

Yep! Despite Ono-san's repeated claims (while visiting the Giant Bomb office, no less) that this game won't be updated for rerelease, Jeff Gerstmann doesn't believe it, and neither do I. Still, even if the game is never made "Ultimate," I'll hold off until it costs $19. I've already been screwed enough times by Capcom for buying their games at launch, not to mention their outrageous DLC prices (i.e. $17.99 for alternate costumes).
#11 Posted by Doctorchimp (4078 posts) -

@Catarrhal said:

@Alexandruxx said:

Yep! Despite Ono-san's repeated claims (while visiting the Giant Bomb office, no less) that this game won't be updated for rerelease, Jeff Gerstmann doesn't believe it, and neither do I. Still, even if the game is never made "Ultimate," I'll hold off until it costs $19. I've already been screwed enough times by Capcom for buying their games at launch, not to mention their outrageous DLC prices (i.e. $17.99 for alternate costumes).

Yeah, him saying it a thousand times feels like that's exactly what they're going to do and are afraid people won't go for the first version.

Especially considering the fact that's what they promised with Marvel vs Capcom 3. They repeatedly said it wouldn't go the Street Fighter IV route and be updated with DLC and characters on the Marketplace...

Capcom is a slimey company.

#12 Posted by StarvingGamer (8379 posts) -

@Doctorchimp: I was following the MvC3 coverage pretty closely from when it was announced all the way past release and I don't remember them ever saying that there wouldn't be a "super" version of it. The only DLC that was ever promised were 2 characters, a costume pack, and the shadow mode which we got.

#13 Posted by Sauson (561 posts) -

Besides the extra gems, I don't really want any of that and I don't plan on spending and extra $10 for some gems.

#14 Edited by Zacagawea (1600 posts) -

No, because all that shit is lame.

Now give me a statue and maybe I'll consider...

#15 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

truthfully, ive been debating on getting this, and i would jump at a heartbeat, the only thing holding me back is the ugly cover that the special edition has...i prefer the standard edition art over the this one, and that's the only reason why i decided to pass on this lol

but damn do i want that cabinet piggy bank! lol

#16 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1546 posts) -

If that cabinet is papercraft scans will be up the following day.

#17 Edited by Sanj (2457 posts) -

I was contemplating getting this, but I really don't like that cover. The positioning of those characters and the foreshortening on Ryu just doesn't make sense.

#18 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

@WilltheMagicAsian: good point! but it doesnt look like papercrafts...but then again, the advertisement pictures are always better than what it actually is...and for 10 bucks more...it very well could be papercrafts.

@Sanj: YES! I hate it, if it was the standard edition box art i wouldve gotten it for the gems and cabinet... :(

#19 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

@Bestostero said:

@WilltheMagicAsian: good point! but it doesnt look like papercrafts...but then again, the advertisement pictures are always better than what it actually is...and for 10 bucks more...it very well could be papercrafts.

Well, it's made of out plastic!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.