Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter X Tekken

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

The two leaders in the fighting game genre collide in this ultimate tag-team mash-up. Will you cross the line?

What do you do when someone quits a match?

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By drac96

Today I've been playing a whole lot of player matches, not even ranked matches. Most of the time when I start to beat someone pretty badly they quit the game. This happens in a lot of online games and it's always pissed me off. For some reason I never said anything about it until this game. Usually I just send them a message "Really?" as the topic. Most people don't respond, but earlier a guy called me a nerd.

I guess I just don't understand why people care about their win/loss record that much. These aren't even ranked matches they're leaving, so it's not like they're going to lose BP or anything

I was just wondering what people say to the person who left when this happens, or if they say anything at all.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Bestostero

To be fair, some people genuinely dc, it does happen lol...but usually if they're not winning and they quit...they probably don't want to give you wins/matches for trophies/achievements.

I don't do anything, I doesn't really matter...some people need to control their rage and anger better lol... I never say anything to anyone for winning/losing/dcing/etc. But I get plenty of messages, but i never respond, just ignore and move on...Next match.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Cloudenvy

I move on to the next match?

Or quit entirely since I am apparently destined to be terrible at fighting games.

Buttenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 40

#4  Edited By Buttenator

Laugh hysterically. Few things are as satisfying as beating someone so badly that they refuse to take the loss.

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By sickVisionz

@drac96 said:

Usually I just send them a message "Really?" as the topic. Most people don't respond, but earlier a guy called me a nerd.

Fair statement. Some random dude not wanting to play you hurt your heart so much that you bothered to contact him rather than just go to the next match.

TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By TwilitEnd656

As mentioned, one doesn't initially know what goes on over the other side of the internet. I just pay it no mind and move on; the most I'll do is get this little smile if it happens at a moment I would have won. Messages... Another smile, live and forget.

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7  Edited By drac96

Yeah and when people disconnect genuinely it's cool. I've even gotten some people who apologize for it and come back into the room.

I guess you're right. It doesn't matter, but I'd prefer it if people just took their loss and left it at that.

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By artgarcrunkle

Why do you get mad about people leaving? Getting savaged isn't fun and if you're getting dominated to the point where you can't see what you're doing wrong staying in the game is just a waste of time. Sounds like you're just upset someone didn't want to stick around long enough for you to fully inflate your iEgo.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ThunderSlash

Just think of it like you beat them so hard that their connection imploded.

PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PixelPrinny

@Cloudenvy said:

Or quit entirely since I am apparently destined to be terrible at fighting games.

Just stop ragequitting against me and you'll get better! :D

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cloudenvy

@PixelPrinny said:

@Cloudenvy said:

Just stop ragequitting against me and you'll get better! :D

Pfft, fighting a monster like you will do me no good!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#12  Edited By Hailinel

I just move on to the next match.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BisonHero

@drac96: I recommend you start thinking of it as a super win, where you're so awesome that you've broken their spirit well before delivering the final blow.

To look at it from a different perspective, games like Starcraft have functioned like this for years, where at a certain point you know you're outmatched and you concede to the other player. I know it's a slightly different scenario, but from the sounds of it, you had these guys beat, and they knew it.

I don't know how SF X T handles disconnects/ragequits, but I can see how it would be frustrating if it calls those matches a draw, even though the other guy clearly gave up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.