Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter X Tekken

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

The two leaders in the fighting game genre collide in this ultimate tag-team mash-up. Will you cross the line?

Whats your team?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

So, just thought I'd start this thread so people could post what teams they are using etc... possibly give others ideas for new teams or just share the new teams you've come up with. I've just started to really play in earnest so my first go to team so far is

• Poison & Hwoarang

I've been thinking about possibly trying Chun-li and Cammy tonight. Might try to find a partner for Rufus as well. So. Who are you guys playing?

Avatar image for thehuntsmen5434
    thehuntsmen5434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By thehuntsmen5434

Kazuya and Guile/M.Bison. Kaz is so OP in this game is great, he's got everything. And the entire street fighter cast is good.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By donchipotle

Poison and Lili

I thought it would be Poison and Julia, but Julia and Poison do not mesh well

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Sooty

Lili for the godlike pokes and Kazuya for the damage. cr.mp x2 > cr.mk > xx is crazy awesome, puts pressure on while being really good for cancelling into a few of his special moves. (or go into launcher)

Using his Mist Step in combos was weird at first since SF doesn't really have neutral commands.

I'm toying around with a a fortitude and iron wall gem for Lili with a meter gain gem in last slot (+40% acquisition) and for Kazuya I am rolling with 2 immense power gems, one 10% (connect with 3 specials) and one 20% (connect with 10 normal moves) boost with speed reduction, to combat that I also have a level 2 speed gem (connect with 4 special moves) which gives +15% speed but 8% increased damage taken.

I kinda like my gem set up for Kazuya, I am just trying this combo out for both of them. Not sure if I prefer the speed boost for Kaz or the increased cross gauge acquisition for last slot, Kazuya with lots of meter to spend is sick.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By dbz1995

Law and Paul. Law has got some really good things to open up the opponent, like long-range lows and mids. His somersault is awesome, and he can build meter like a tank. 
    Paul deals a hella load of damage (though not as much as Kazuya or King) and plays well off of juggles. His Phoenix Smasher is also crazy.

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Jaktajj

Only started playing yesterday but I'm rocking King + Asuka. King because he has always been my Tekken main and Asuka because she feels really close to Sakura from SSFIV, and Sakura was my main <3.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Solh0und

Asuka/Julia so far have been getting me BP

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By BisonHero

Do you guys find there's any point in using one SF character, one Tekken character? So far, it seems like a lot of people are doing double Tekken characters (for the ridiculous damage, I guess?), or double SF characters (so you have projectiles and familiarity with the characters?).

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MikeGosot
    @BisonHero said:

Do you guys find there's any point in using one SF character, one Tekken character? So far, it seems like a lot of people are doing double Tekken characters (for the ridiculous damage, I guess?), or double SF characters (so you have projectiles and familiarity with the characters?).

I always use one Tekken and one SF. I like the way they mix up. My team is usually Juri and Law, but Hugo and Poison is great too. It's the only Two SF characters teams that i like using. It will be a pain to get the story of every team.
    jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jewunit

I have heard that the Tekken characters work best when you tag into them because they can combo into significant damage. I can't give you specific examples of it though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.