Whats your team?

• 51 results
#1 Posted by Demoskinos (14779 posts) -

So, just thought I'd start this thread so people could post what teams they are using etc... possibly give others ideas for new teams or just share the new teams you've come up with. I've just started to really play in earnest so my first go to team so far is

• Poison & Hwoarang

I've been thinking about possibly trying Chun-li and Cammy tonight. Might try to find a partner for Rufus as well. So. Who are you guys playing?

#2 Posted by psylah (2170 posts) -

Elena and.. OH WAIT...

#3 Posted by Demoskinos (14779 posts) -
@psylah HA! POSTED IN THE RIGHT FORUM THIS TIME!
#4 Posted by TechHits (1377 posts) -

I think I may have settled on King and Cammy.

#5 Posted by TopSteer (646 posts) -

So far I really like Hugo and Poison. I'm really disappointed Rose isn't in this or else she would most likely be my most used character. The only Tekken character I have a handle on so far is Lili. I haven't played a Tekken game since two so I don't know who any of these characters are.

#6 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

Juri and Kazuya

#7 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2452 posts) -

Yoshimitsu and Zangief

#8 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1362 posts) -

Ken & Kazuya seem like a bit of a pair. It even sounds good.

#9 Posted by Xeiphyer (5602 posts) -
@Demoskinos said:
  • Poison & Hwoarang
FUUUUUUUUUUU!

That's my team :I
#10 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

I don't even have the game yet but day one team Balrog, heihachi!!

#11 Posted by AjayRaz (12426 posts) -

Cammy and Law

#12 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11650 posts) -

Not sure yet. I'm liking Rolento and Asuka, so maybe they'll end up being my guys.

#13 Posted by Mirado (993 posts) -

Zangief and Hugo; I don't play anyone under 7 feet tall. :D

#14 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Haven't picked up my copy yet, but might go with Yoshimitsu and Law. Not sure how it will work out though.

#15 Posted by MrMazz (955 posts) -

Hugo and Ken at the moment still just trying to find a character that clicks.

#16 Posted by B_Double (17 posts) -

Main team is Abel and Steve

2nd I'm working on King for sure maybe Asuka/Cammy to team with him.

#17 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
#18 Posted by Hailinel (24434 posts) -

Still deciding. Poison and Hugo are a great team, but I'm not a fan of Hugo's gigantic size. But there will be Poison. Oh yes, there will be Poison.

#19 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1545 posts) -

I was liking Heihachi and Rolento. I just really can't get into fighting games though, which bums me out to an extent. They're just coming way too fast, I like single games that can sustain a community for at least half a decade, like Quake or CS. Not big on this annual stuff.

#20 Posted by ESREVER (2684 posts) -

Kuma and... Paul (at the moment) Still trying to find a good matching for my Kuma. Experimenting with different combinations to see what suits me best. I'm kinda liking Paul though.

I really want the DLC characters though... Elena<3, Christie, Alisa, Sakura, all look like a blast.

#21 Posted by DarthOrange (3858 posts) -

Me and my bro have been playing together. We haven't had time to completely settle on characters. I'm between Law and Ryu and my brother is between Yoshimitsu and Ogre but we still haven't gone through even half the roster.

#22 Posted by razorzxz (180 posts) -

King and Akuma. My two mains from each series.

#23 Posted by Skogen (430 posts) -

King and Sagat.

Waiting on Dudley and Christie...

#24 Posted by OneManX (1687 posts) -

Trolling online: Cole/Poison aka Team Electric Trap

For reals: Poison/Kazuya aka Devil Trap

#25 Posted by Giacomito (208 posts) -

King Rolento is my team!

#26 Posted by Brake (1097 posts) -

Just got the game today. I've been rolling with King and Akuma. Really like King so far and Akuma is in there mostly because I know how to play him more than any one else. Gonna be replacing him soon, though.

#27 Posted by drac96 (670 posts) -

Cammy and Lili. I'm kicking everyone. I wanted to use Jin, but his special step really puts me off.

#28 Posted by Demoskinos (14779 posts) -

@drac96: Yeah that shits weird..... I've not been able to do it myself. =\

#29 Posted by drac96 (670 posts) -

@Demoskinos: I can do it reliably in training, but in a match I end up doing quarter circle forwards. Since almost all of his moves are based off of that I think I'm going to have to let him go.

#30 Posted by Petiew (1346 posts) -

Juri and Asuka. Still having some trouble working Asuka out.

#31 Posted by TooWalrus (13178 posts) -

I'm really bad- more so than I even thought. Anyway, I've been playing my old stand-bys, Bison and Ryu, but I think I may train myself on Rufus and Bob, just cause... you know.

#32 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

Anyone playing Cole? i was playing with some Cole...but i stopped realizing he would probably be banned since he's exclusive... King and Steve are probably still my choice characters...for now...

i'm trying to play through the other tekken characters to see how they work...so far i like Xiaoyu and Lili

#33 Posted by TopSteer (646 posts) -

@Bestostero: I've been using Cole quite a bit and maybe it's just me but he seems a lot slower than I would expect.

#34 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

Why is this even a question?

Bob Sagat

#35 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

@TopSteer said:

@Bestostero: I've been using Cole quite a bit and maybe it's just me but he seems a lot slower than I would expect.

no, i agree...he definitely does seem less nimble than i would expect... but i thought he was ok overall, more fun than most guest characters imo...

#36 Edited by darkvare (765 posts) -

kazuya and raven and for scramble kazuya and hugo, hugo pretty much keeps the enemy from jumping is pretty brutal

#37 Posted by sub_o (890 posts) -

Kazuya and Abel. I'm a total beginner in fighting game though.

#38 Posted by CABBAGES (524 posts) -

sagat and kazuya but i dont really have a team and usually pick random.

#39 Posted by StarvingGamer (8158 posts) -

I'm really feeling Gief mostly because he laughs in the face of Tekken characters. I'm not sure if I'm going to end up going Gief/Hugo or Gief/Law.

#40 Posted by Jeffsekai (7028 posts) -

I don't have the game yet but im thinking Poison and the green dude with the shield.

#41 Posted by cikame (993 posts) -

Asuka and King.

#42 Posted by JJOR64 (18956 posts) -
#43 Edited by trindermon (38 posts) -

I have always used Ken so he is the basis for my team - but i am still deciding on my "second" between Cammy, Juri and Abel; when the DLC comes out it will be Cody if he isnt terrible.

#44 Posted by midnightgreen20 (63 posts) -

Right now I'm figuring out who to put in with Bob. I kinda like the idea of a Raven and Bob team.

#45 Posted by Kokoro (156 posts) -

Lili and the following characters: Asuka, Julia, Xiaoyu, Cammy, Juri. Yeah, my main teams all consists of females.

#46 Posted by ShrimpDino (97 posts) -

My teams are Dhalsim/Yoshimitsu,Rufus/Bob,and King/Rolento

#47 Posted by bretthancock (778 posts) -

Ryu has been my main and I'm finally getting half way competent with learning the systems and what not.

Been rotating between Kuma and Jin as my #2.

#48 Posted by JJOR64 (18956 posts) -

Jab and Timeout.

#49 Posted by thatpinguino (892 posts) -

Hugo and Cat

#50 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

Played it for 20 minutes before I realized I would never like it and went back to SFIV

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.