Who you got for Cross Assault?

#1 Posted by MethodMan008 (796 posts) -

I'm pulling for Sherry, but she is gonna have to learn fast cause she was getting bodied by Renic this morning. NerdJosh is probably my favorite player there and I really hope he wins.

Apparently Bronston is the favorite, but I ignore pretty much all 3d fighters so I don't think I've seen him play before.. 200Yen is pretty beastly too.

#2 Posted by Aetheldod (3335 posts) -

What?

#3 Posted by MethodMan008 (796 posts) -

@Aetheldod: It's a fighting game reality show by Capcom running for one week.. Winner gets 25k.

It's on twitch.tv and capcom-unity.

#4 Posted by Solh0und (1680 posts) -

Everyone in the chat is basically trolling Sherry but yet I'm pulling for her to get pretty far.

I would probably say team Street Fighter,personally.

#5 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

@MethodMan008: are you serious? Sherry sucks, she hasn't shown any type of skill level in the game from what ive been seeing on stream, i expect the other girl to have the same level of play so it should be even between them... but then again i could be surprised, but i doubt it lol

#6 Posted by MethodMan008 (796 posts) -

@Bestostero: I like her, man. She's funny. :P I watch her live streams on twitch every now and then.. But yeah, she kinda seems like a one character player in SFIV, so it's gonna be real tough for her here.. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if she got eliminated today.

#7 Posted by jkuc316 (981 posts) -

@Bestostero: Sherry played Viper on SSFIV AE 2012, Which is hard at first then easy later. She picked the character randomly without knowing that she picked a High Execution character, that's why I'd root for her. But I think most people root for her for her personality.

#8 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

Well im sure Sherry's a pleasant person (Unless your Marn Ahem Ahem), but I'm talking skills in the game lol

#9 Posted by MethodMan008 (796 posts) -

@Bestostero: Haha, yeah, she has to learn a whole lot very fast.. Seems like Uncle Valle has been teaching her footsies for 30 minutes now.

#10 Posted by countinhallways (632 posts) -

I hope NerdJosh wins the whole thing.

For the simple reason that he seems like a good guy. Also, he has paid his dues in the FG community so it would be nice to see him get a healthy payday.

#11 Posted by FLStyle (4396 posts) -

I hope either NerdJosh or Miranda's thighs win.

#12 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

so after seeing the first "episode"...

i hope team tekken levels up, i want to root for the underdogs lol...im sure they're feeling the pressure after losing the team challenge and receiving the disadvantage of losing a console...and now losing a member too

#13 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6067 posts) -

Miranda's thighs... YEAAAAAH.
I know. I saw them in person while her boyfriend Hoodaman was with her.

Seriously, Bronson is too much of a wild card. 200yen is probably the most capable so far (especially if you seen him play during practice).

#14 Posted by drac96 (654 posts) -

I'm rooting for Renic. Judging by how badly he beat Kor today, I think he's going to do pretty well.

#15 Posted by Lone_f (279 posts) -

No love for the Dr?

#16 Posted by MethodMan008 (796 posts) -

Getting ready for day two.. I think being a console down is a pretty big disadvantage for team tekken..

Also, you guys think bronson is sandbagging or is sherry just gdlk?

#17 Posted by MethodMan008 (796 posts) -
@Lone_f Man that match he played with superyan was sooo lame. Hopefully he learns some more techniques other than chucking plasma or he's gonna be in trouble..
#18 Posted by StarvingGamer (7560 posts) -

I should start watching this. Maybe.

#19 Posted by MethodMan008 (796 posts) -
@StarvingGamer Starts in about an hour! :D
#20 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

hope team tekken steps it up today! i would hate to see them down another member...

#21 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

Oh my god, the chat had me dying of laughter when Dr. Subzero got eliminated! Anyway, 200 yen has shown the most potential so far.

#22 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

AWKWARD!!!!!

that was hard to watch...that was embarrassing, i think Dr. Subzero made himself look really bad, that was just bitter SALTINESS.... lol

#23 Posted by Rmack (1026 posts) -

I've never seen these infamous Miranda thighs :(

#24 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

@Rmack said:

I've never seen these infamous Miranda thighs :(

I honestly don't get the big deal about it, she is a little thicker down the hips, but ive seen bigger ...

and wow, 200yen out... team tekken is out, i dont think any of the members left on that team are comparable to renic or nerdjosh, to me, its down to those two for winning... and for the record, i thought that was SO biased that they chose team street fighter for the win in the "swag combo" segment...

#25 Posted by Bravestar (379 posts) -

sherry killing it on the challanges! I have to give props to that.

right now I think renic will take it, but at the same time I don't want to count the other dudes out. especially tasty steve. I think people are sleeping on him.

#26 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

Sherry did so well overall that im surprised she did so bad today and got eliminated. She has done consistently fair and even defeated Bronson...so a little surprised, but either way, she did better than i expected. kudos to her lol

#27 Posted by DougCL (204 posts) -

i definitely got renic to win. no one seems to be able to pin down his hugo/abel.

#28 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

another team tekken player bites the dust... lol

#29 Posted by Solh0und (1680 posts) -

Yeah. It looked really close but I was suprised Bronson clutched some of those rounds with Vega/Hugo.

#30 Posted by FLStyle (4396 posts) -

How many players go to the Grand Final at Final Round, 2 or 4?

Remaining players

Team Street Fighter

Renic

TS|NerdJosh

TFA|Hornet

Team Tekken

SuperYan

Tasty Steve

#31 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

@FLStyle: It will be final four, tomorrow is the last one apparently unless there's a twist...

Team Street Fighter: Renic/NerdJosh

Team Tekken: Tasty Steve/Dr. Sub Zero

#32 Posted by DougCL (204 posts) -

today was crazy. i mean god damn, we had technicalities being called and a resignation? plus ive been watching some other peoples streams afterward and there have been some serious blowups.

#33 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

@DougCL: its almost like a real reality show... DRAMMMAAAAAAA

#34 Posted by DougCL (204 posts) -

yes! the show has been pretty unprofessional so far, but the drama has seriously delivered. especially Arturo Sanchez, Marn, and LIJoe's streams.

also, Ono coming in in that Blanka costume? that was too sick.

#35 Posted by DeathbyYeti (739 posts) -

oh no the fighting game community looking bad! This has never happened before! Also Patrick and Jim Sterling trying to get an interview is pretty filthy. Journalism right kids!

#36 Posted by FLStyle (4396 posts) -

@DougCL said:

yes! the show has been pretty unprofessional so far, but the drama has seriously delivered. especially Arturo Sanchez, Marn, and LIJoe's streams.

It completely added to the madness that was happening during that challenge.

@DeathbyYeti said:

oh no the fighting game community looking bad! This has never happened before! Also Patrick and Jim Sterling trying to get an interview is pretty filthy. Journalism right kids!

I thought so too, so I called them out on Twitter (and also Patrick on his Formspring), heard nothing back yet.

#37 Posted by rmanthorp (3694 posts) -

@FLStyle said:

@DougCL said:

It completely added to the madness that was happening during that challenge.

@DeathbyYeti said:

I thought so too, so I called them out on Twitter (and also Patrick on his Formspring), heard nothing back yet.

You are doing the work of the people sir. Thank you!

#38 Posted by StarvingGamer (7560 posts) -

Fuck, I hope they edit all the footage down into a summary show so I can watch it. I caught one of the early matches with KOR and fuck it was painful to watch.

#39 Posted by Jeffsekai (7017 posts) -

IM A GURL GAMER, RESPECT ME!!!!!!!!!!!

#40 Posted by FLStyle (4396 posts) -

@rmanthorp: No problem, thanks!

@StarvingGamer said:

Fuck, I hope they edit all the footage down into a summary show so I can watch it. I caught one of the early matches with KOR and fuck it was painful to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/user/IPLFighters/videos

Matches, interviews and day-by-day recaps all there

#41 Posted by StarvingGamer (7560 posts) -

@FLStyle: Thanks, actually I was just on their channel but only saw I guess the most recent 3 matches and the interviews. I'm still not used to finding things in the new YouTube layout.

#42 Posted by FLStyle (4396 posts) -

@StarvingGamer: It's a pretty stupid layout, no doubt, I imagine a lot of people are having trouble finding them too.

#43 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

@DougCL said:

I don't know, i think they've been doing an ok job. We have to remember that this is the first time they are doing this and it is done live (ALL the time). Reality shows are prerecorded and professionally edited. The only time they are live is for a finale or something, so its smoother for them and they've done it like fifty times now... Survivor is like 23 seasons now, and American Idol is pretty high up too.

All in all, i enjoyed it, and im glad they exposed Mike Ross and Jago for being frauds lol

#44 Posted by StarvingGamer (7560 posts) -

Ugh, now that the article from Patrick is up, my eye is starting to twitch. Poor Aris, he's probably going to end up getting a lot of undeserved hate for this from people who don't understand the argument he was trying to make.

I had no idea where to vent this frustration since that thread has turned into a 600+ reply boondoggle already so I just thought I'd pop in here where some civilized discussion can actually occur.

#45 Edited by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

if maxamilllian is firing shots a giantbomb then things are bad, dood keeps it real http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35561061&postcount;=9398

#46 Posted by Bravestar (379 posts) -

take the aris talk to the topic where it belongs.

I was wrong about tasty steve, but I still say renic will take it(though I wonder how well team tekken would have played with valle as coach). it's also pretty funny that the whole team street fighter(with the exception of sherry unfortunately) is going to final round.

anyway, whoever takes the 25k, I think the real winner is maximillian. dude went from making youtube tutorials to producing videos for capcom and being part of their reality show in less than a year.

#47 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

team tekken FRAAAAAAYYY ... truthfully, if not for pandora elimination, i think all of team tekken would've been gone way earlier... i wanted to root for them being the underdogs...but they just couldn't get it together.

i want dr. sub zero to win (that elimination salty mines interview was priceless) and the fact that he manage to fight his way back into the game...i want to pull for him, but i think its down to renic or nerdjosh

#48 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
#49 Posted by JJOR64 (18783 posts) -

Good shit to Nerd Josh.

#50 Posted by Phatmac (5686 posts) -

The one that isn't a sexist pig. Oh wait..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.