Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter X Tekken

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

The two leaders in the fighting game genre collide in this ultimate tag-team mash-up. Will you cross the line?

Will this be like MVC3 or a regular street fighter?

Ninjakid7396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Ninjakid7396

By that I mean will the game be all crazy like MVC or will it be a hardcore fighter like sf4? Reading Jeff`s article he says it will be a two on two fighter and that sounds like MVC but watching the leaked Game play it looks like a regular street fighter.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

It looks to either play like SFIV or Tekken depending on the version you get. As for its tone it'll stay close to the pace of the originals it's based on, except with tag teams.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64
    @Abyssfull said:
    " It looks to either play like SFIV or Tekken depending on the version you get. As for its tone it'll stay close to the pace of the originals it's based on, except with tag teams. "
    This.  The Capcom game will be close to SF4 and the Namco game will be close to Tekken 6.
    C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By C2C

It looks like Street Fighter 4 with the tagging slightly reminiscent of Street Fighter EX3.  That is what it looked like to me at least.

Ninjakid7396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ninjakid7396
    @JJOR64: so 3D?
    KidVelasco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By KidVelasco

with the chain combos, wakeup roll, and tag team ultras. the game seems like a mix a of past capcom fighting games.  you probably won't see any 8 way air dashes or tri-jumping in this game

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By jeffgoldblum
    @Ninjakid7396 said:
    " @JJOR64: so 3D? "
    Only the Namco game will be 3D.
    MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @Ninjakid7396 said:
    " By that I mean will the game be all crazy like MVC or will it be a hardcore fighter like sf4? Reading Jeff`s article he says it will be a two on two fighter and that sounds like MVC but watching the leaked Game play it looks like a regular street fighter. "
    You're saying MVC isn't hardcore?  

Anyway, that new gameplay demo should give a clue for Capcom's game. Looks like SFIV, but with some combos taken from Tekken with more ground stuns and some kind of weird assist ultra.
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By c1337us

I can't see it being like MvC3.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @c1337us said:
    " I can't see it being like MvC3. "
    Exactly, the it would be impossible for the Tekken characters to make the transition. Devil's laser can only go so far.
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By c1337us
    @MysteriousBob said:
    " @c1337us said:
    " I can't see it being like MvC3. "
    Exactly, the it would be impossible for the Tekken characters to make the transition. Devil's laser can only go so far. "
    Well not with out adding in a whole bunch of stuff to the characters, and once you've done that whats the point of even having Tekken characters.
    Avatar image for phaggybignastymckill
    PhaggyBigNastyMcKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ninjakid7396: why can't it be a third way instead of either MVC or SF4? Fighting games are diverse you know
    Ninjakid7396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ninjakid7396
    @MysteriousBob: No , I`m saying that My girlfriend can pick up and play MVC more easily than street fighter and shes pretty new to video games. But that's just my opinion.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#14  Edited By Hailinel
    @MysteriousBob said:

" @Ninjakid7396 said:

" By that I mean will the game be all crazy like MVC or will it be a hardcore fighter like sf4? Reading Jeff`s article he says it will be a two on two fighter and that sounds like MVC but watching the leaked Game play it looks like a regular street fighter. "

You're saying MVC isn't hardcore?   Anyway, that new gameplay demo should give a clue for Capcom's game. Looks like SFIV, but with some combos taken from Tekken with more ground stuns and some kind of weird assist ultra. "
    MvC is hardcore, but to me, the hardcore audience for that series always seemed to live on another planet.

Seriously, I can't think of the MvC fanbase without associating it with this complete insanity.  Well, this, and that crowd of jokers at my university's game center that would play the game day in, day out, and never diverge from picking he same three characters all the fucking time.
    KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By KingBroly

I think it's going to be like SF4 but with the ability to use a partner.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By SirOptimusPrime
     Tag games aren't instantly keerazy. I mean, look at Tekken Tag. That game is completely playable and is par for course in terms of the Tekken franchise. Though, seeing Lee or Jin compete with, say, Akuma just doesn't work in my head, but if anyone can do it it's Capcom. The Namco side is easier, because they can make some dumb story twist that stops the shotos from having fireballs, or whatever that balances the game. 

Oh, and MvC2 is definitely hardcore, but it is so completely broken in half and shattered that it becomes irrelevant to me. The fact that half of the Marvel characters have easily bait-able infinites and that the infamous MagStSen combo is impossible to beat if the user is knowledgeable of the mega-infinites is just stupid. How is that fun? Furthermore, why are there tournaments at EVO for this shitty, unbalanced game?
    Avatar image for phaggybignastymckill
    PhaggyBigNastyMcKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SirOptimusPrime: MVC2 is indeed broken, but its broken so evenly that it becomes balanced, a weird way of two wrongs make a right. The only thing that is wrong with MVC2 is the fact that you have to know all the broken shit to be "good" at it. This makes the game just so hardcore that it kinda proves that fighting game people are kinda insane. Just last year in 2009, there was a $50,000 money match for MVC2. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.