Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter X Tekken

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

The two leaders in the fighting game genre collide in this ultimate tag-team mash-up. Will you cross the line?

Worried about this game?

Brad_360i

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Brad_360i

This game for me just doesn't seem as these two different fighting games should fit together, because they both play quite differently as fighting games themselves, admittedly I am terrible at both games and haven't played a Tekken game in quite a while

I think the thing that will annoy me most is the art style of the game, because it is running off the street fighter engine its going to be exactly like street fighters art style and not like Tekken's, which varies a lot because they've made the graphics very realistic, they've just pretty much converted all of their characters into Street Fighters art style, could they not combine the two? or switch from one to another depending on what map you fight?

Admittedly the majority of the reason why I'm not looking forward to this is because of the art style, which may seem stupid to most but I'm quite particular with these things and they do bug me quite a alot, but what do you guys think?
    Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Jack268

You do know that Namco are making a Tekken X Street Fighter game that will be just like this but with Tekken being the focus right?

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Skald

Two competing art styles at the same time? Do you know how bad that'd probably end up looking?

Brad_360i

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Brad_360i

maybe so, but it seems quite silly releasing two separate games, just with on focusing on each one, why not release one game where you can switch the option

oh yeah, money.
    sheetsy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By sheetsy77
    @Brad_360i:  This... To the MA MA MAXIMUM
    SpacePenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By SpacePenguin

Just remember we are talking about two Japanese developers, plus both games are bound to do well in Japan.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By toowalrus

I try not to get worried over such petty things. I think this game looks totally rad so far, can't wait. Maybe Tekken X Street Fighter will take it in a more 'realistic' tone.

ULTRA REALISTIC
     ULTRA REALISTIC
    Brad_360i

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Brad_360i
    @TooWalrus:  I don't remember saying that the characters or the way the game plays was realistic, just the art style.
    Avatar image for deactivated-633355e1dd700
    deactivated-633355e1dd700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I really like both franchises and am excited for both games.  I do much better at the Tekken games than I do with SF but don't own a console now so I've missed Tekken 6 altogether. Let's hope Namco follows Capcom's example and does a pc release too. This is pretty much a pipe dream I know, but a brother can wish.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.