Make Your Own Weird Street Fighter Flash Animations

Posted by Jeff (3503 posts) -
Have you ever wanted to make your own nonsensical Flash cartoons? Of course you have! GoAnimate is a site with a big suite of tools for the construction of Flash animations out of prefab parts. And thanks to a deal with Capcom, the company now has a collection of Street Fighter characters and backgrounds.

While you might be tempted to create characters actually fighting one-another, like Street Fighters are prone to do, I recommend making something a little... weirder than that. Here's an example I chose based on its devotion to both Chun-Li with Sagat's head and Ween.

The site seems to have a chunk of weird marketing tie-in characters, including R&B sensation Akon. So... you can finally make that Ryu vs. Akon video you've been dreaming of?
Staff
#1 Posted by Jeff (3503 posts) -
Have you ever wanted to make your own nonsensical Flash cartoons? Of course you have! GoAnimate is a site with a big suite of tools for the construction of Flash animations out of prefab parts. And thanks to a deal with Capcom, the company now has a collection of Street Fighter characters and backgrounds.

While you might be tempted to create characters actually fighting one-another, like Street Fighters are prone to do, I recommend making something a little... weirder than that. Here's an example I chose based on its devotion to both Chun-Li with Sagat's head and Ween.

The site seems to have a chunk of weird marketing tie-in characters, including R&B sensation Akon. So... you can finally make that Ryu vs. Akon video you've been dreaming of?
Staff
#2 Edited by RawShark (236 posts) -

First.

Ahem. Er, yeah, this could lead to mass hilarity!

#3 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11645 posts) -

Jeff wins.

#4 Posted by Barrier (58 posts) -

Street Fighter:  YOU LOSE!!! lol

#5 Posted by Daniel_Newton (1166 posts) -

Jeff, you should make some sort of competition out of this.
And that was total randomness.

#6 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

Wow- good find, imma whore this out :D

#7 Posted by Aaox (1657 posts) -

This is random. But on reflection, what isn't on the internet nowadays?

#8 Posted by Rmack (1078 posts) -

That is the best Ween video I have ever seen.

It may even top their live performance I saw last year.

#9 Posted by insanejedi (655 posts) -

er eh? Epic?

#10 Posted by I2v2nr20I (72 posts) -

JEFF! You're a Ween fan? I never knew! (Although it makes sense with some of Midnight Brown's stuff now that I think about it.)

#11 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

This could be really fun, 

Yeah Akon vs Ryu . . . . .sure why not ?
#12 Edited by zoozilla (978 posts) -

Huh.  That was very enlightening.

No doubt it's part of the official Street Fighter canon.

#13 Posted by HTTenrai (241 posts) -

I found the site to be...unfulfilling.

#14 Posted by bekern (563 posts) -

#15 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -

I'll have to check it out.

#16 Posted by Media_Master (3283 posts) -

odd

#17 Posted by dtran1212 (299 posts) -

thanks Jeff, for this useless news

#18 Posted by SpikeDelight (689 posts) -

Lol You Lose

#19 Posted by Abomstar (137 posts) -

Booyah City

#20 Posted by cspiffo (868 posts) -

haha.  That was just silly.

#21 Posted by serbsta (1867 posts) -

Haha, very nice.

#22 Posted by kennybaese (663 posts) -

I like how they made Chun Li's boobs bounce in her animation... And I know I'm not the only one that noticed that...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.