Ryu and ken are not the same class.

#1 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Ken has elemental fire abiites that Ryu does not have. Thus making ryu a monk and ken a black mage. While Guile gains his power through pure America!

#2 Posted by Dasacant2 (193 posts) -

Black mages can know non-elemental spells.

#3 Posted by Koukou (38 posts) -

Ryu's qcf x2 +p has a fire element to it, hasn't it?

#4 Posted by development (1589 posts) -

Here's what I figure:

• Ryu uses "Ki" bullshit, which probably represents his strong will or something stupid
  • Ken's power represents his "firey" spirit/personality
  • Guile's attack is a literal sonic boom made visible

They shout out their attack names because it's a video game

#5 Edited by Maajin (1038 posts) -
#6 Posted by TheHT (10281 posts) -

Both use their inner qi, and Ken can use his energy with such force that flames are produced. Ryu can too, but he also struggles with his possession of the Dark Hadou, or Satsui no Hado, or "Murderous Intent", which is the same evil energy that Akuma uses. What they shout are just the names of the techniques, like a boxer would shout "RIGHT HOOK" or whatever. Except boxers don't shout their moves. They should. I'd watch a lot more boxing if they did.

Ryu, Ken, Akuma, and all them other Street Fighters are just fantasy martial artists. Trust me, I'm a doctor. I'm not actually a doctor, nor an expert on Street Fighter, but I saw the animated movies, so I'm basically an expert, also I read the first paragraph of a Dark Hadou wiki page, so that's like 1/5th of a doctorate in Street Fighter, so I'm enough of a doctor that you should trust me.

#7 Edited by Video_Game_King (34604 posts) -

Street Fighter has a multiclass system, then.

#8 Posted by takayamasama (433 posts) -

Salty bet taught me this long ago. Always vote Ken.

#9 Posted by tsutohiro (346 posts) -

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Everyone in Street Fighter is actually a chemically enhanced super cyborg from the recycled future and ...the matrix.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.