adrenaline's Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 3: Baddest of the Bands (PC) review

SBCG4AP: Baddest of the Bands

Humor-wise, the third Strong Bad episode was about as strong as any other, but it felt like a small dip in the gameplay department. I found myself stuck more often than I thought I should have in a game that only takes a couple hours. Some adventure games thrive on keeping the player stuck for a long time, but Telltale's work seems best when stuff comes more or less naturally and you're keeping it moving to the next joke. Also, I like the extra games they insert here and there, and the only one in this episode lasts for a few seconds before something happens that prompts the main conflict. Maybe you can play it for longer in the extended play mode that unlocks when you finish the main game, but I have too many things to play these days to spend a lot of time with something I've beaten. I liked how extremely convoluted Strong Bad's scheme to fix his game system becomes though, and besides the hold ups it was a pretty enjoyable entry in the series.