The Stunts wiki last edited by fisk0 on 08/17/13 06:14AM
View full history
Players can either choose to race against the clock or against one of six different opponents. Due to the track editor the player has a virtual unlimited amount of race tracks to race on. Stunts also features the ability to view and save replays of races.
The game includes a tile-based track editor, giving the player an almost unlimited ability to create all kinds of crazy maps, with half-pipes, loops and much more. Players can even add houses, trees and other stuff purely for decorative purposes.
Also different types of roads can be used on one track. The player can choose from paved roads, gravel roads, and icy/snow roads. All which offer different levels of grip.
After designing a track the player could save it under a filename of their choosing, stored in the game's install folder, making it easy to share the tracks with friends (or upload it to BBSes).
Stunts features 11 different drivable cars to choose from.
- Acura NSX
- Audi Quattro Sport Coupe
- Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
- Ferrari 288 GTO
- Jaguar XJR9 IMSA Race Car
- 25th Anniversary Lamborghini Countach
- Lamborghini LM002
- Lancia Delta HF Integrale 16v
- Porsche 962 IMSA Race Car
- Porsche Carrera 4
- Porsche March IndyCar
featured six opponents that you could challenge in one-off races on any track in the game. Each had a back story and various driving traits. They were:
- "Squealin'" Bernie Rubber: geeky, clumsy Bernie was the easiest of all the opponents. He would generally drive slowly and frequently crash on challenging stunts.
- Herr Otto Partz: an old German Grand Prix driver, Otto was okay on flat circuits, but faltered on stunts.
- "Smokin'" Joe Stallin: Joe's back story said that he once rear-ended someone on a straight. As a result, he preferred twisty tracks and would visibly slow down on straights.
- Cherry Chassis: a spoilt little rich girl, Cherry was the opposite to Joe, preferring straights to corners.
- Helen Wheels: sexy and sassy, Helen was a competent all-rounder, but tended to be a bit reckless.
- Skid Vicious: the toughest opponent in the game, Skid grew up on the streets and learnt to drive by outrunning police in stolen cars. Whether by design or because of a bug, Skid was capable of accelerating faster than the player, even when driving a slower car.
After the race, the player was treated to a basic animation of their opponent either celebrating or sulking (depending on the result), along with a comment about the race.
The graphics are a combination of 3D polygons and sprites with no textures, running in 320x200 with 256 colors.