Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Summer of Arcade 2011

Concept »

Summer of Arcade 2011

Summer of Arcade: Are you excited about the remaining games?

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By iDarktread

From Dust is looking kinda interesting, but I haven't seen all that much about it yet, really. I thoroughly enjoyed Bastion, but am a little unsure about the rest of this year's lineup. What games are you looking forward to on the marketplace?

Post some clips here of upcoming Summer of Arcade games, if you want!

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet looks amazing and From Dust looks to be a great return to the God sim genre, though I'm sure that's one that'll be better on the PC.

Toy Soldiers I'm not so excited about though, I would have much preferred to see Trenched on that spot (we're still waiting for it in Europe!).. and Fruit Ninja has no place on the Xbox period.

Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Sogeman

Nope. Thought about getting From Dust but I changed my mind.

The rest is just a Kinect game and a sequel to a game I didn't really like. yawn. Rest of the year looks grim. I know of nothing I'd want.

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By iDarktread
    @WinterSnowblind said:

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet looks amazing and From Dust looks to be a great return to the God sim genre, though I'm sure that's one that'll be better on the PC.

Toy Soldiers I'm not so excited about though, I would have much preferred to see Trenched on that spot (we're still waiting for it in Europe!).. and Fruit Ninja has no place on the Xbox period.

Oh wow, totally forgot about Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet. I didn't really even look at the arcade advert on my dashboard, hah. 

Hopefully that turns out to be a good buy. It looks very Pixel-Junk Shooteresque. 

Dunno if I'll actually buy it on release day like I did with Bastion, though.
    Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Cloudenvy

@iDarktread:

I wonder if you made this thread just to cover up spoilers? dohohohohohohoho ;3

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iDarktread
    @Cloudenvy said:

@iDarktread:

I did. Like, honestly, I feel bad about it. :( Gotta cover my tracks!
    iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By iDarktread
    @Cloudenvy: Only 5 more posts, too! :D 

But really though, I am curious to see if anyone is is sorta unsatisfied with this year's Summer of Arcade, as a whole. Sogeman's with me!
    Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Cloudenvy

@iDarktread said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@iDarktread:

I did. Like, honestly, I feel bad about it. :( Gotta cover my tracks!

Dohoho, I knew it!

I have seen PLENTY of people who are very unsatisfied with the Summer of Arcade lineup this year.

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By iDarktread
    @Cloudenvy: 2009 had Shadow Complex,  Splosion Man, Trials HD and MvC2. (Bought and never played that last one.) I think I waited for sales on at least two of those, but still, they were all great releases. 

Last year had... Limbo, Guardian of Light, and Monday Night Combat, I think. I don't really like MNC (got it as a Steam gift a little while ago) but Guardian of Light is pretty decent so far. Limbo is really great. 

Oh well, Bastion might be it for me this year.
    project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By project343
    SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By SteamPunkJin

Bastion and From Dust are the two for me this year. 
    Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet looks good, but seeing as I still haven't wrapped the excellent (and largely overlooked) Outland, I don't think I need another Metroidvania game at the moment. 
    I was going to get Fruit Ninja as a little Kinect Toy but since it's coming free with Gunstringer, I'll take a pass.
    Toy Soldiers didn't look appealing the first time, still doesn't look great and I love me some Tower Defense. 
    To top it all Crimson Alliance doesn't look that good, on paper it sounds great, but when I went to watch some game play vids I became pretty disinterested.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By ReyGitano

As far as I'm concerned Bastion was the Summer of Arcade.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By MetalBaofu

Getting Bastion tomorrow.    I'm sorta interested in From Dust, and I'm sure I will get it at some point.   I don't know enough about Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet to make any sort of decision...just gonna check the demo out.  No real interest in Fruit Ninja(don't have Kinect), or Toy Soldiers at all.

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By Kyle

Yes, I'm definitely getting From Dust and Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet. Might get Toy Soldiers, but I'm not sure.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.