Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sunless Sea

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 06, 2015

A top-down semi-procedurally generated adventure game set in the Fallen London universe. Players seek out islands in the cavernous Unterzee.

Quick Look: Sunless Sea - Abridged

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

Edited By eccentrix

The Game:

FTL at zee.

The Quick Look: Running time: 43:25, Starring: Alex Navarro and Vinny Caravella

Alex explains the backstory to the game (taking place in the Fallen London universe) while he walks Vinny through the beginnings of a new game; creating a character and setting up his ship for launch. He then proceeds to wander around aimlessly at the slowest speed, clicking through half-read dialogue options and complaining about the pace of the game. He gets confused about the combat system and how his weapons work before accidentally trading 12 supplies for 12 corpses looking for passage.

The music reminds Alex of Under Siege which he recently watched, which leads to a brief discussion of Under Siege and its sequel, Dark Territory (“Under Siege on a train“).

Eventually, Vinny calls for cannibalism, so Alex steers his ship around even more aimlessly than before, waiting for starvation to kick in. His character, Captain Beefheart, leads an investigation into the suspected cannibalism on board his ship before tiring of bat meat and leading the charge himself, attempting to pass off the flesh of his fellow zailor as a forgotten stash of food. Soon afterwards, the ship is sunk by a pirate ship.

Alex warns against the apparent speed of the gameplay, but praises the writing and lore while Vinny suggests the wiki for the game’s universe might prove entertaining.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

These are actually proving quite useful. I didn't have the stomach to watch the entire QL as the game just seemed kinda boring, but now I know exactly what I missed out on.

byrjun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Great work. I've actually for a while been wondering how to implement all the content created by GB to influence the wiki - reviews, general recommendations, podcast talk, and yes also quick look talk - You will easily get my vote for implementing this into the games wiki! Keep it up! :)

tkalsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

This game has a small hump to get over at the beginning, but once you have enough supplys and money to go exploring farther away from fallen London, there are more interesting islands to go visit. In this video, alex was on the precipice of getting over that hump, but was a little too aimless.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By pyrodactyl
    Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

@corevi: @pyrodactyl: I will be inserting jokes that only people who have watched the videos will get into these things made specifically for people who haven't watched the videos.

Bucklebutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

keep these coming

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.