Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sunset Overdrive

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 28, 2014

The latest energy drink, OverCharge Delirium XT, has turned Sunset City into an energy drink-fueled mutant apocalypse and it is up to you to survive in Insomniac Games' Xbox One exclusive.

How bad are the campaign spoilers in Sunset Overdrive DLC?

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By MEATBALL

So I've been getting stuck back into Sunset Overdrive after it hit the backburner a month ago (I first picked it up at the end of January) - I had decided to hold off until I had both the Mooil Rig and Dawn of the Rise of the Machines DLC.

I figured it'd be nice to have whatever new weapons and abilities you gain from that content to use in the campaign, but when starting either DLC the game warns of Campaign spoilers.

I was wondering if anyone knows how severe those campaign spoilers are? I kind of like the idea of having the extra DLC weapons and such to use in the story proper, and would be willing to have some elements of the campaign spoiled if said spoilers are fairly light (hell, I'm half considering jumping into the DLC even if the spoilers are heavy, it'd just be nice to have some idea what I'm in for either way).

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By GunstarRed

Mooil spoils something about Brylcreem right out of the gate, but in a game like this it's like finding out there's space aliens in Saints Row. Mooil requires you to finish the whole of that DLC to unlock one weapon, and has another tied to a side mission that pops early into the DLC. If you can get past the Brylcreem spoiler, it's most definitely worth starting to unlock the water dive-jump thing.

Dawn hasn't really got anything spoilery, not that I can remember anyways. Like Mooil you have to do a side mission about halfway into the DLC for one weapon, and the other can be gotten really early on (and is mega powerful), but suffers from one of the games biggest problems in that it costs 200,000. I have no idea on why they want you to grind out the rarest currency in the game doing online stuff. I just ended up not using a handful of weapons because of this. The online is fine, but I never really wanted to mess with it beyond an hour or two.

Also, it's very much worth leaving the Dawn boss till very last. It caps off the game very nicely.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Thanks, that's exactly the sort of answer I was looking for. :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.