Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sunset Overdrive

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 28, 2014

The latest energy drink, OverCharge Delirium XT, has turned Sunset City into an energy drink-fueled mutant apocalypse and it is up to you to survive in Insomniac Games' Xbox One exclusive.

Leaked gameplay footage

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

AllGamesBeta: Sunset Overdrive Gameplay Footage

vgleaks: Sunset Overdrive Gameplay Footage

The footage kind of reminds me of Dead Rising, and I'm enjoying the in-game meta jokes a bit. I'm thinking this is one of those games I'll try and get right around Black Friday. Far Cry, ACU, Halo MCC, and GTA V are probably my next games I'm going to get. I would get this game sooner if I could, but oh well. Splatoon and Jet Set Radio come to mind too. Anyway, who else is planning to get this?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

It still looks too slow. Everything should be much faster. There's no sense of speed.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Ratchet and Clank in disguise.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Grind Rails and jumping over sets of three mines... Oh yeah, this game was made by the people that made Ratchet.

Really lovely looking game, sad I don't own an Xbox One now :(

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I hope it only looks like it's suffering bad from black crush. NG+ cel shaded JetSet style mode please..

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Damn, the list of games I'm interested in checking out just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

This footage actually really reminded me of like a missing link between Crackdown and Infamous. Could be super fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That looks like a lot of fun. It also looks hella Insomniac, which is definitely a good thing after Fuse(remember Fuse? Man that game was a bummer).

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Already got me preorder/download in, went for $80 digital version cause why the hell not looks real fun and dumb.

sasnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sasnake

That looks like a lot of fun. It also looks hella Insomniac, which is definitely a good thing after Fuse(remember Fuse? Man that game was a bummer).

Not gonna lie, played through Fuse with 3 other friends start to finish and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. My problem with this game however, is that it seems the type of game that would get boring after an hour.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I hope it comes to Pc at some point like Dead rising 3. (Not holding my breath though)

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How big is the file size for the digital version? I'm probably going to end up with the bundle and I'm just wondering how many days I'll have to spend downloading with my crappy connection.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How big is the file size for the digital version? I'm probably going to end up with the bundle and I'm just wondering how many days I'll have to spend downloading with my crappy connection.

23 gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope it comes to Pc at some point like Dead rising 3. (Not holding my breath though)

Insomniac has implied that it's possible. They have full ownership of the IP, so I'm sure it's just a matter of waiting for their deal with Microsoft to expire.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@themanwithnoplan said:

Insomniac has implied that it's possible. They have full ownership of the IP, so I'm sure it's just a matter of waiting for their deal with Microsoft to expire.

Oh, wow. Didn't know that. There's hope after all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turtlebird95 said:

23 gb

Thanks! That's going to take a long time, game better be damn good!

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hatking

The world looked lifeless as shit. Which I guess is appropriate for a post-apocalyptic thing, but it seemed kind of boring until the mission started. Also, I hate when games poke fun at a flaw in their own story telling or mechanics without addressing the flaw. "Man, this thing sure is bad, huh? Well, we're not going to fix it, we just wanted you to know we know that we're lazy."

I hope this is just a bad impression and that this thing ends up surprising me. There are aspects of this that I think could be really cool.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By xyzygy

HAHAHA at the magically disappearing thing. It's so true.

@corevi said:

It still looks too slow. Everything should be much faster. There's no sense of speed.

I kind of understand this, but I think it'd be a little frustrating if you're trying to aim, shoot, grind, AND make sense of where you're going if you were going fast on rails. And who knows, maybe there are speed improvements throughout the game. There are tons of little perks that enhance your character's basic movements.

From what I understand, running speed is meant to be a little slow because that's not how you're supposed to traverse the city. It's full of acrobatic set pieces for a reason, it's what a large chunk of the game seems to be based on.

I don't even really think speed is supposed to be an element to this game, it seems to be focused more towards verticality and non-linearity.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@xyzygy said:

@corevi said:

I kind of understand this, but I think it'd be a little frustrating if you're trying to aim, shoot, grind, AND make sense of where you're going if you were going fast on rails. And who knows, maybe there are speed improvements throughout the game. There are tons of little perks that enhance your character's basic movements.

Infamous did it correctly where you go super fast on rails and you slow down when you aim

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By xyzygy

@corevi said:
    @xyzygy said:

@corevi said:

Infamous did it correctly where you go super fast on rails and you slow down when you aim

Infamous also didn't have a style meter that increased the more things you chain together. Staying on the rails or bouncing or whatever actually plays a part in the mechanics. Going too fast would just make it frustrating to maintain that meter. Messing with your speed while aiming would make it even more frustrating.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I personally think this game looks outstanding. Looks like it has the right Crackdown aspects I'm looking for.

I love the art style and I find the humor pretty solid from that video. I wasn't sure before.

Lnin0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

The SDF is strong in this one.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game manages to have a nice style while being dull to look at. I'm interested, but skeptical. Hopefully it's good.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#24 chaser324  Moderator

I like the a lot of the styling and it might be fun to play, but I don't think this game comes across very well in these videos. There's a certain empty blandness to it all that's a bit off-putting.

To be fair though, I imagine if you went back and looked at some videos of Crackdown it might look similarly bland, and that game was a ton of fun to actually play.

AndyMc1888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im still undecided on this - this video seemed to have answered my main worrys which was falling / missing rails and just killing any momentum as it seems SUPER generous on air movement and locking you into stuff which is good.

But it looks really slow and lifeless at points which is the complete opposite of what I was expecting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.