Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sunset Overdrive

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 28, 2014

The latest energy drink, OverCharge Delirium XT, has turned Sunset City into an energy drink-fueled mutant apocalypse and it is up to you to survive in Insomniac Games' Xbox One exclusive.

New DLC. Probably one of the craziest bosses ever.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By GunstarRed

Has anyone else played the second, and last piece of DLC for Sunset Overdrive? While the bulk of Rise of the Dawn of the Fallen machines is more of the same ( And that's a good thing) it also has possibly one of the best bosses in any game I have ever played. I'm saying this within a week of playing Bloodborne, a game jam packed with fantastic bosses.

While there's some fun new weapons and a bunch of silly dialogue, it also adds some new stuff like rolling around in an electric ball, complete with Katamari references...

But that boss... it's absolutely glorious, and it seems crazy to me that it's probably going to be seen by so few people. Basically, you fight a giant nano-swarm that turns into a collection of Sunset TV's shouting a bunch of shit at you. I didn't think they'd be able to top either Fizzie or an entire building, but they did it. It's a bonkers combination of giant robots, laser beams and FMV. This is before a bunch of fourth wall breaking stuff that rivals the best Saints Row has to offer, poking fun at Xbox Live advertisments,achievements and a subtle jab at Kinect. And the best part is... it's capped off by an achievement called "The most punchable face"

Just curious if anyone else played it? It's probably the better of the two pieces of DLC, I really, really, really hope they get to make a sequel. Sunset Overdrive is my favourite console exclusive that's been released so far. Even if we never do get anymore, they've ended on an incredible high.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Didn't realize it came out. I'll buy it. I thought the game had fun bosses even though there wasn't many. It's also the only game I ever got all the achievements in because I enjoyed it so much but then they came out with a couple of more that seemed too hard for me to get.

Is it just me or does MS not seem to push these things? I feel like this and games like Ziggurat are great but are just thrown up on the store with no mention as opposed to what Sony is doing with games like Axium Verge that get the whole big Spring Sale treatment and are plastered on the front of the store page.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

@handlas: Yeah, they're terrible. When I went looking for the DLC yesterday it wasn't even in new releases. I had to do a search for Sunset Overdrive.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Well, they put a box on the main page now that advertises it at least. But it never showed up in the Latest Add-Ons section for some reason. Also, Stealth Inc. 2 came out today...the first one was pretty cool. Another game just dropped on the store on a Friday with no mention. I don't know what I would want them to do exactly... maybe just give it a mention somewhere. I think I'll probably pick it up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.