Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sunset Overdrive

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 28, 2014

The latest energy drink, OverCharge Delirium XT, has turned Sunset City into an energy drink-fueled mutant apocalypse and it is up to you to survive in Insomniac Games' Xbox One exclusive.

Sunset Overdrive: Finally! Some... information?

• 64 results
    laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By laserguy

sunset overdrive dont care about me.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm waiting to see more of it from E3. Perhaps it will be the first game to make me want to get an Xbox One.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

@tesla said:

I wonder how good the aiming will feel as you grind along and do all the traversal stuff. It seems like it would be less than ideal to use thumbsticks.

I would assume very similar to way it feels in Ratchet. They've been doing combat on grind rails since the PS2 Ratchet games.

Avatar image for stealthmaster86
    Stealthmaster86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

It looks damn awesome. This and Quantum Break are the games I would want an Xbox One for.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By xyzygy

Not getting people's comparisons to Crackdown. Sure Crackdown was a little cel shaded but it didn't have the color to this level and the city traversal was mostly jumping high and running fast. In Sunset you're actually doing grinds and hanging slides and whatnot, it looks way more fluid than anything Crackdown could ever hope to be.

That new first look from Insomniac was amazing though. This is by far the most interesting game coming out this year.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@xyzygy said:

In Sunset you're actually doing grinds and hanging slides and whatnot, it looks way more fluid than anything Crackdown could ever hope to be.

Sure, it's more fluid. Honestly I don't think of that as an inherently good thing. Transforming cars and orbs, now those are universal symbols for goodness.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I dunno, the trailer left me feeling immensely meh.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By bigjeffrey

Yay Concept Art!! I Love Concept Art

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

@liquidprince said:

Yep, same here. I really don't understand why so many people seem to be losing their shit. It looks colorful and creative, sure, but nothing about the gameplay looks that interesting (at least, in this small slice) and a lot of the movement looks jerky (which could be because it's early?).

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By crithon

for some reason.... I'm getting a Zombies Ate My Neighbors vibe. The humor and the weapons. Looks amazing.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@liquidprince said:

Yep, same here. I really don't understand why so many people seem to be losing their shit. It looks colorful and creative, sure, but nothing about the gameplay looks that interesting (at least, in this small slice) and a lot of the movement looks jerky (which could be because it's early?).

I think the reaction owes something to the fact that the game is, at least at this point, looking like the anti-Fuse. But its aesthetics and tone won't save it if it's not actually enjoyable to play.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

@hailinel said:

I think the reaction owes something to the fact that the game is, at least at this point, looking like the anti-Fuse. But its aesthetics and tone won't save it if it's not actually enjoyable to play.

That's a really good point, actually. I forgot about the bummer that was Fuse, and I can totally understand those people who are super excited for something a bit more lighthearted from this studio.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By Corevi

@caesius6: I have no hate for it, it's just not for me, I'm not a FPS guy and i'm not a fan of sports games, so the only things on the system that are interesting to me personally are Killer Instinct and this. I'm sure if you are super into FPSs or sports games then it's the better choice of console.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@tesla said:

I wonder how good the aiming will feel as you grind along and do all the traversal stuff. It seems like it would be less than ideal to use thumbsticks.

I would assume very similar to way it feels in Ratchet. They've been doing combat on grind rails since the PS2 Ratchet games.

True. The movement speed here looks a bit faster than the Ratchet games though. I'm just getting flashbacks to Bioshock Infinite where I had trouble being effective with weapons while on rails using thumbsticks.

I'll just have to wait and see I guess. It looks like players will have a lot of splash damage weapons that should make it easier to zap dudes while grinding along.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.