Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Castlevania IV

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 31, 1991

An enhanced recreation of the original Castlevania, retelling Simon Belmont's crusade against Dracula with new levels, content, and gameplay elements.

I beat this game after 3 weeks of blood, sweat and tears.

AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AngeTheDude

It was one of the most satisfying experiences of my gaming life. I said to myself it was possible if I put my mind to it and focused. I just kept smacking my metaphorical head against the damned thing as much as I could until I succeeded. I must have died during the final boss battles and had to start over more times than I'd like to remember.

What was you guys' experiences with this game?

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#2  Edited By ArbitraryWater

One of the first games I bought off the virtual console, back in the day when my Wii was used for more than collecting dust and playing Gamecube games. I do remember getting quite far actually, though I cannot claim to have beaten it. Certainly one of the better pre-Symphony of the Night titles in the series.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By jacksukeru

I played it for the first time when I bought it on the Virtual Console, never finished it though, got stuck on some level with a bunch of dancing ghosts. I have finished Castlevania 3 however, but only once despite it being probably my favorite game in the franchise, those later levels man.

Also, obligatory:

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I don't want to be a dick but Super Castlevania was the first non Metroidvania Castlevania I ever beat.  I still can't beat Castlevania 3 and Castlevania: Bloodlines.   
    Though I know what it is like to have a game get under your skin to the point where you make it your life mission to beat a game.  I got obsessed with beating Bart Simpson vs. The Space Mutants and that took me nearly 3 months.  Fuck that dinosaur in level 4.  Nothing more satisfying then finally beating that game.

Sbaitso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Sbaitso

Fuck dude, good job. I've beaten Dracula X Chronicles which is also pretty tough, but never IV, I don't have that level of commitment, though I do like to revisit the game from time to time, despite never beating it, even with emulators and save states I give up.

fini_fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By fini_fly

I beat it years ago and it was awesome. Thank you invisible ledge!

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By NMC2008

I beat this 4 days after launch(SNES launch), it was easy bro, I had a harder time with Simon's Quest.

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By groin

I finished this game when I was 8 years old.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By BoG

I beat this game for the first time when I was working on this wiki page. Most images in the gallery for the page are mine, and I took them as I played. It's a great game, though as far a pre-SotN Castlevania games go, I prefer Bloodlines and Rondo of Blood.

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By JCGamer

I love the Castlevania series. Won Super IV way back in the SNES days. Try Castlevania III for a real challenge. Good job though.

DarthEnder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By DarthEnder

Pretty sure this was the first CV game I beat also, and I played the hell out of the NES ones.

I remember it not being that difficult until you hit that last run of 4 bosses in a row.

Beating Slogra, Gaibon and Death all on one continue was a super pain, and then Dracula was really hard too. Not Dracula X hard, but still really hard.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.