Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Mario 3D World

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Nov 21, 2013

The Super Mario Bros. 2-cast of Mario, Luigi, Toad and Peach returns for their first 3D adventure with local multiplayer support. And cat suits. In HD.

Could Super Mario 3D World be Super Mario World 3?

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Okay, this might be an overstatement, I know this is really the sequel to Super Mario 3D Land, but for some reason when I see the title, I think, is this secretly Super Mario World 3? We already had the two SM World games for the SNES, with of course the second one being a controversial game on this site. Maybe Nintendo is sneaking the 3D into the title to sneak in the fact that this is the 3rd Super Mario World.

Now compared to the first Super Mario World, I know there are only a few similarities between the two. Some similar enemies are back in this title, namely Chargin' Chucks and the Round Goombas that don't get squished in one jump make a return. And in the latest trailer, those lava dragons from Vanilla Dome are back too!

I don't know, yes this game does not have all the crucial SMW elements such as Yoshi or the cape feather power-up. And the fact that you can play as Mario, Luigi, Peach or Toad is a throwback to SMB2. But man, would it be crazy if Nintendo just said this was the third Super Mario World game, or even the true sequel to SMW because in Japan, Yoshi's Island was never called Super Mario World 2.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Super Mario World 3 did not have cat Goombas:

Look at Those Ears
    Look at Those Ears

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@zombiepie: Goodpoint! Super Mario World didn't have anything cat bullet bills either! If you saw the trailer, you know what I'm talking about!

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

While we're at it, maybe Luigi's Mansion was a true sequel to Mario is Missing!

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Super Mario World 3 did not have cat Goombas:

Thank Christ.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

ElCapitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

You know, the game does play the SMB 3 death theme when you die...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.