Super Mario All-Stars LE Coming To The States This December

• 83 results
#51 Posted by agentboolen (1791 posts) -

I have been really wanting them to release Mario Allstars on the Wii's virtual console, this is kind of cool but it would be nice to have a chance to buy it digitally and not have to have a disc for these classics.  Lets hope this is a limited edition and they'll eventually bring Mario Allstars to the Virtual console!!!

#52 Posted by JediAutobot (200 posts) -

$30? Sign me up

#53 Posted by Redbullet685 (6045 posts) -

Sounds awesome.

#54 Posted by Landon (4147 posts) -

No Super Mario World? No sale.

#55 Posted by Meptron (1081 posts) -

I already have this compilation for my SNES

#56 Edited by SuperfluousMoniker (2908 posts) -
@Landon said:

" No Super Mario World? No sale. "

They must be saving that for the limited limited edition on their thirty year anniversary. Who knows, maybe they'll even throw Yoshi's Island in there!

I'll admit I am tempted, even though I have played through all these games a million times.
#57 Posted by Loose (419 posts) -

No Super Mario World? SHENANIGANS! SHE-GODDAMN-NANIGANS!

#58 Edited by TripMasterMunky (2403 posts) -

If this was on Virtual Console, it'd be $8.

Or, for $28 you could buy the original versions of these games, which many still consider the definitive versions, as well as Super Mario World.

#59 Posted by lokilaufey (252 posts) -

I am gonna buy this. Sure the games would have "only cost $20" on VC, but you're paying that extra $10 for a sweet book and CD, as well as display case that I definitely want on my shelf. I wouldn't say it's a bad deal. 

Also, World is already on VC so I wouldn't really expect it to be in this package and never did. Also I love the people going, "omg I already have a SNES and this game so this release is pointless." Because everyone else still has this game cart and and SNES too, huh? I wish I did, and this disc is a lot cheaper than going out a buying a SNES and this game.

#60 Posted by Famov (768 posts) -

This is one of those instances where it's totally understandable that people would expect Mario World or Yoshi's Island in something like this. Both games should be here.

But I'm still going to get it anyway.
#61 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

I don`t see the appeal for this unless they update the graphics and sound for all 4 games again like they did with the original All Stars.
Otherwise, hey I already bought this game 17 years ago!

#62 Posted by paperbackhearts (3 posts) -

Looking forward to this. 

#63 Posted by bjorno (1418 posts) -

I already own all those on NES, so why would I want to play them on a less powerful system (wii)??????? huh??? answer me that!

#64 Posted by Nedemis (56 posts) -

Hmmmm...pass

Not much of a deal considering there's no SMW and that I already have all of these on the VC.

#65 Posted by George_Hukas (1317 posts) -

Will look cool on a shelf.. probably wont even bother opening it

#66 Posted by krystians (403 posts) -

I so want this!

#67 Posted by Unchained (1081 posts) -

I tried to pre-order this today, but it wasn't on their computers yet. I will have this. 

#68 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2107 posts) -

Oh gosh.  I would really love to say no at the $29.99 price, but I feel like I am going to cave anyways.  Yeah, I even own the SNES...both versions of the Super Mario All-stars.  Why couldn't you guys just mark it at $19.99?

#69 Posted by Hailinel (24964 posts) -

I just preordered on Amazon.  Thirty bucks for Super Mario Bros. All-Stars, a soundtrack CD, and a retrospective book?  Hell yes.

#70 Posted by Radar (891 posts) -

Preordered that sucka

#71 Posted by Hawker (77 posts) -

Pfft, not as good as the original all stars for SNES :/ that game had Super Mario World (My personal favourite) as well as those 4 

The only thing better about this is the box

#72 Posted by Hailinel (24964 posts) -
@WickedCobra03 said:
" Oh gosh.  I would really love to say no at the $29.99 price, but I feel like I am going to cave anyways.  Yeah, I even own the SNES...both versions of the Super Mario All-stars.  Why couldn't you guys just mark it at $19.99? "
The package comes with a book and a CD.  $30 is a fair price to pay for what they're offering.
#73 Posted by JonathanMoore (1858 posts) -

I like to believe the UK release will cost around 20 pounds, but I know I'm just lying to myself.

#74 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

Nintendo is winning. 

#75 Posted by BeanoFritz (55 posts) -
@Nedemis: All stars HAS SMW in it.
#76 Posted by BeanoFritz (55 posts) -

If I recall correctly, doesn't Super Mario All-Stars HAVE SMW in it?

#77 Posted by Leadcat (264 posts) -

Eh, at that price I feel you'd at least have to include SMW for me to consider it.

#78 Posted by mewarmo990 (835 posts) -

Pre-ordered on Amazon. Tax-free and free two-day shipping!

I still have World on the SNES and love it, but lately I'm having trouble getting the damn cart to work, so I'm glad this is coming.

#79 Posted by Catfish666 (191 posts) -

Nintendo re-releasing their old games once again? How surprising. 

Don't get me wrong, I loved Nintendo back in the 80s as much as every other kid, bought their consoles until the release of DS lite, but really after the release of WII they've just been surfing on the high wave of retrogame nostalgia and milking their old productions.  

Thanks, but no thanks Nintendo. As much as you'd want to, I don't want you selling me my childhood time after time.

#80 Posted by EviLEd76 (1 posts) -

magnificent    

#81 Posted by Digifiend (42 posts) -

lol, pity Super Mario Bros didn't actually get a Western release until 1987, meaning that it isn't the 25th anniversary yet in the US and Europe!

#82 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

I got that stuff for free when I bought my SNES way back then. 

#83 Posted by Nedemis (56 posts) -
@BeanoFritz said:
" @Nedemis: All stars HAS SMW in it. "
Did you even read the story?  No,  it does not include SMW.
#84 Posted by Nedemis (56 posts) -
@Digifiend said:
" lol, pity Super Mario Bros didn't actually get a Western release until 1987, meaning that it isn't the 25th anniversary yet in the US and Europe! "
What are you talking about?  The NES released in the US in 1985 and SMB came as a pack in with the console.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.