tsakura's Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo Entertainment System) review

Doki Doki is Missing

Super Mario Bros. 2? This game was 100% different then any of the Mario Bros. Games that we have seen! Why? Well, after Super Mario Bros. 2 came out in Japan, Nintendo thought it was to hard for the US. To help everyone out side of Japan have a Part 2, Nintendo did some thing weird. They took another game and replaced the Heroes with Mario and Friends! The game is called, “Yume Kojo: Doki Doki Panic”. You’ll have to read the review to learn more. :P

Well, the game just starts. You really don’t know what’s going on. You do get to choose from four Heroes.

Peach

Mario

Luigi

Toad

Each of them has their strengths and weaknesses. There is no timer in this one, so you can go as long as you want. There are a lot of hidden areas in the game. The star is the ONLY power up in this game. You do have a “POW” box that can kill all the enemies on the screen, and you can get Veggies for weapons. There is also Cherries in the game. Collect 5 and the Star will come to help. You can also get a Potion to open a door to the Dark world for a small time. There is no Koopas or Goombas in this game. This is where the Shy-Guys came from. The funny thing is, this whole game is a dream that Mario is having! They had to end it some how. This is a fun one to play. Sadly it’s just 1 player. Happily, we can get it on the Wii!