I beat Super Mario Bros... with a dance pad

Posted by Nario (92 posts) -

Hi, Nick Hagman here again, the guy who beat Castlevania with a dance pad. I'm back, and wanted to announce that I've finally beaten Super Mario Bros. with a dance pad as well!

It took me a week and a half to do this, and got about 14 Game Overs.

Please vote on which game I should play next: DuckTales 1 (NES) or Mega Man 2 (NES)!

Also, before I started to record my runs, I made a Training Montage for Super Mario Bros.! In it, I prepare to play the game with epic music playing in the background!

#1 Posted by Nario (92 posts) -

Hi, Nick Hagman here again, the guy who beat Castlevania with a dance pad. I'm back, and wanted to announce that I've finally beaten Super Mario Bros. with a dance pad as well!

It took me a week and a half to do this, and got about 14 Game Overs.

Please vote on which game I should play next: DuckTales 1 (NES) or Mega Man 2 (NES)!

Also, before I started to record my runs, I made a Training Montage for Super Mario Bros.! In it, I prepare to play the game with epic music playing in the background!

#2 Posted by wizall (50 posts) -

Haha, damn, man. Just watched this after reading Jeff's tweet. Thoroughly impressive, no doubt. Gratz.

#3 Posted by Siepher (255 posts) -

Congratulations on the achievement. 

I think you should do Ducktales next.

#4 Edited by takua108 (1475 posts) -

Ahaha, awesome stuff. I liked the training montage a lot. 

It's great that  you did this, and I can't wait for the next one!

#5 Posted by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -

I vote for Ghosts 'N Goblins.

#6 Posted by harvey_the_pooka (271 posts) -

Contra or Castlevania (but ONLY Simon´s Quest)

#7 Posted by buzz_clik (6837 posts) -

You are the mallard's testicles, m'man. No amount of text can convey what a mad impressive feet... sorry, feat you have accomplished.

Oh, and my vote goes to Mega Man 2.

#8 Posted by Nario (92 posts) -

WOW! Thank you all so much!

#9 Posted by fugie7 (1105 posts) -

that's awesome dude.

#10 Posted by MrCellophane (524 posts) -

Mega Man 2 with a dance pad would be extremely awesome. Can't wait to see it!

#11 Posted by Apathylad (3065 posts) -
@Linkyshinks said:
" I vote for Ghosts 'N Goblins. "
Or how about all three NES Ninja Gaiden games? o_O
#12 Posted by asian_pride (1653 posts) -

That was awesome bro!  Now try the original Ninja Gaiden series! Or Mega Man, perhaps?

#13 Posted by FCKSNAP (2299 posts) -
#14 Posted by dutch42 (533 posts) -

Excellent work my friend. For your next project, how about Final Fantasy VII with a GCon?
#15 Posted by Superfriend (1458 posts) -

Great form, sir! I remember having trouble with some of these levels on a regular controller- and I´m a horrible (virtual) dancer, so you just totally blew my mind!

#16 Posted by Nario (92 posts) -

The results are in!

DuckTales 1 - 38
Mega Man 2 - 108

Mega Man 2 is the winner! See you all again on Monday when I fight Air Man... WITH A DANCE PAD.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.